New Pricing Chart

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just saw my new online statement for 6/3 to 7/2/10 and the only price change is an increase of $6 for the service plan. My nine month promotion just ran out.

I have the top 250 + HD and platinum for $10.

There is no $2 increase for the top 250. They might catch up later.

I too am thinking about switching before June 3rd. To go from TurboHD (Dish America) Silver to AT 120+RSN I would loose these HD channels:

• Animal Planet
  • Bravo
  • CBS College Sports
  • Disney XD
  • Golf Channel
  • Lifetime Movie Network
  • WGN America
But gain these HD channels:

• E! Network
  • Fox News Channel
  • MTV
  • Nickelodeon
  • VH1
And my price would be the same (after June 3rd). Hmmm....

Why BEFORE June 3rd?

Does this deal go away? I am in the same boat you are in, exactly.

If I had AT 120, besides the $44.99 do I have to pay for a 2nd TV and DVR too? If so, what does that cost? And would I have to pay for my RSNs?

I currently have 2 TVs - one HD and one HD DVR not connected to phone.

I pay $61 now. $44.99 for Dish America Silver with locals. +$7 for a second TV and +$6 for DVR. $57.99 before taxes, which isn't bad.

So on the AEP package if you don not sign up for HD for life pack your rates goes up $10.00

Is Dish DVR going to be shut off because of the Tivo lawsuit? To keep customers Dish is making folks think they're getting something by signing up for HD for life and having them held hostage for two years with no DVR?

Directv reps are telling customers this. Trust me.

They also rip the cable company for scheduling "12-4" installs, yet they do the exact same thing!

I'm currently subscribed to DISH America w/o locals, and am paying $29.99. What will happen to my bill after June 3rd?

Also, am I going to lose channels?

According to the price list posted by Scott, and to other posts in this thread, locals will be included for our $29.99, but we will lose Palladia and HD Theater. On the bright side, we finally gained a new channel this week with the advent of Dish's weather service on 213!

According to the price list posted by Scott, and to other posts in this thread, locals will be included for our $29.99, but we will lose Palladia and HD Theater. On the bright side, we finally gained a new channel this week with the advent of Dish's weather service on 213!

Nope, you just lost your new channel because Dish and TWC just made up, but you should gain a localized TWC on 213 sometime in the future.

Does this impact HD Absolute customers?

and is there any reason we'd want to change (if we even can)... seems like we have quite a mis-mash of channels from each different tier... (and I'm reasonably content with the cross-section we happen to have)

I wish Dishnetwork could stop doing all these pricing/package changes.
It's confusing for some people. I'm big on organizing, so I would prefer my monthly bills to always be consistent. ($145.60 every month for two years.) Instead, my monthly bill always goes up/down.

Once again, my bill will be a different amount. It could be like "Why was my June 2010 bill $10 higher than my May 2010 bill?" "Did I order PPV or have a service call?" :p

One of these days I'll drop Gold and Keep Platinum and get a $200? credit to my account.

:eek: Wow, you much watch helluva lot of television (and/or have a lot of expendable income) to be spending $145.60 every month for programming.

:eek: Wow, you much watch helluva lot of television (and/or have a lot of expendable income) to be spending $145.60 every month for programming.

When you see prices like that, it's not for the programming but for the equipment fees. Customers that are paying over $100 a month usually have several receivers.

I'm pretty confused myself. I am actually a new Dish Network sub, just activated earlier this month.. I have the America's Everything package including locals + HD Service w/ HD Platinum included in the HD service, for a total of $10/mo extra. Will my bill now be going down $10? I am NOT on Autopay currently.

The $145.60 was just a random figure, as an example.

However, I do pay shy of $150 per month. (June's pricing increase is $10? more. Makes it shy of $160/month)

Correct, I have two ViP622's DVRs in the house. +
EVP, plus locals. +
Gold HD +
Platinum HD +
Home protection plan (or what ever it's called.)

I do watch a lot of TV :p

I'm pretty confused myself. I am actually a new Dish Network sub, just activated earlier this month.. I have the America's Everything package including locals + HD Service w/ HD Platinum included in the HD service, for a total of $10/mo extra. Will my bill now be going down $10? I am NOT on Autopay currently.

Your current charges will remain the same. If you drop the HD Platinum package your bill will go down $10.

Your current charges will remain the same. If you drop the HD Platinum package your bill will go down $10.

But the confusing part of this discussion is the fact that I am NOT paying for the HD Platinum package, it's actually already included for life, as a new customer, as part of their "HD Package" itself. This is where i'm confused ;)

This whole promotion is all about getting new customers to sign up. It is not meant to be anything special for existing customers, although some have the opportunity to save $10 by dropping the HD platinum.

As a marketing point of view this is a pretty sweet strategy. Customers can sign up and get the basic HD channels for no extra charge. Why is everyone making this so confusing for themselves?

Jun 12 - Jul 11 DISH America With Locals 34.99What do I do to get $29.99? Especially if I'm losing Palladia and HD theater next week!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)