New Pricing Chart

I'm not sure you can drop locals anymore. Anyone know? I'm under the impression that shortly they will be added to my bill regardless of my not ordering them.

I just saw this and the new pricing starting June 3rd. Confused :confused:

Currently I have NO HD .....

I have AT250 (but I have an HD TV and a 722 DVR, I get FSN, Altitude and locals in HD and some misc HD channels!). I was going to downgrade to AT200 at some point.

Should I actually subscribe to HD?

Will "HD for life" after 6/3 actually reduce my bill by $10 while giving me free HD ??

I am presently enrolled in Autopay and do get the 1c Cinemax deal.

What happens if I downgrade AT250 -> AT200 after 6/3 ?

I have the same question, I have AT200 with the Cinemax Deal plus Intl.

I have the 622 DVR but no HD package.

I was planning on adding HD for the World Cup on ESPN.

Should I do that now to save money?

Note, I am out of contract and don't want another just for HD.

Thanks!

I just saw this and the new pricing starting June 3rd. Confused :confused:

Currently I have NO HD .....

I have AT250 (but I have an HD TV and a 722 DVR, I get FSN, Altitude and locals in HD and some misc HD channels!). I was going to downgrade to AT200 at some point.

Should I actually subscribe to HD?

Will "HD for life" after 6/3 actually reduce my bill by $10 while giving me free HD ??

I am presently enrolled in Autopay and do get the 1c Cinemax deal.

What happens if I downgrade AT250 -> AT200 after 6/3 ?

I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the last price increase (my monthly bill went up $15). And now this. I hope you guys can get my head around this.

I currently have two Dish receivers, the 722k and the 222. The 722k is hooked up to the main HDTV in my entertainment center and the second line goes to an SDTV in the basement. The 222 is hooked up to another HDTV.

I've noticed alot of talk about arcs on the forum too and I have no idea whether what I have is optimal so I've gone to my service menu to check and it looks like I have the following: 119/118/61.5. Not sure whether that needs to be changed.

For reference purposes, this is what I was planning to pay when I initially signed up with Dish a year ago (based on my January 2009 bill - after all credits and incentives had expired).
Monthly Charges
Jan 27 - Feb 26 Hindi Mega Pack 59.99
DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) 5.99
TurboHD Silver With DVR TurboHD Silver - 49.99
$ 115.97

The price change came around in February and I was left with the following:
Monthly Charges
May 27 - Jun 26 Service Plan (15/0) 6.00
DISH America Silver 39.99
DVR Service 6.00
HD Duo Receiver 14.00
Hindi Mega Pack With Locals 64.99
$ 130.98

I'm finding the $14 HD Duo Receiver charge too costly, so I'm thinking of having that removed. The TV that is hooked up to it is not used that often. I'm also thinking of foregoing the $6 Service Plan. The $20 savings would be a significant reduction for me.

Are there any other changes that I should be looking to make prior to June 3rd? I like my DISH America Silver but am disappointed that I have not been receiving any new channels since I joined Dish.

Any suggestions?

I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the last price increase (my monthly bill went up $15). And now this. I hope you guys can get my head around this.

I currently have two Dish receivers, the 722k and the 222. The 722k is hooked up to the main HDTV in my entertainment center and the second line goes to an SDTV in the basement. The 222 is hooked up to another HDTV.

I've noticed alot of talk about arcs on the forum too and I have no idea whether what I have is optimal so I've gone to my service menu to check and it looks like I have the following: 119/118/61.5. Not sure whether that needs to be changed.

For reference purposes, this is what I was planning to pay when I initially signed up with Dish a year ago (based on my January 2009 bill - after all credits and incentives had expired).
Monthly Charges
Jan 27 - Feb 26 Hindi Mega Pack 59.99
DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) 5.99
TurboHD Silver With DVR TurboHD Silver - 49.99
$ 115.97

The price change came around in February and I was left with the following:
Monthly Charges
May 27 - Jun 26 Service Plan (15/0) 6.00
DISH America Silver 39.99
DVR Service 6.00
HD Duo Receiver 14.00
Hindi Mega Pack With Locals 64.99
$ 130.98

I'm finding the $14 HD Duo Receiver charge too costly, so I'm thinking of having that removed. The TV that is hooked up to it is not used that often. I'm also thinking of foregoing the $6 Service Plan. The $20 savings would be a significant reduction for me.

Are there any other changes that I should be looking to make prior to June 3rd? I like my DISH America Silver but am disappointed that I have not been receiving any new channels since I joined Dish.

Any suggestions?

You really need to get your Dish Setup changed, your not getting a lot of the new HD Channels.

You need EA 61.5, 72.7 & 77. Plus you need 118 for your Hindi channels

or you could get WA 119,110 & 129, plus 118 for Hindi Channels

You really need to get your Dish Setup changed, your not getting a lot of the new HD Channels.

You need EA 61.5, 72.7 & 77. Plus you need 118 for your Hindi channels

or you could get WA 119,110 & 129, plus 118 for Hindi Channels

Thanks for the reply. What channels do you think I'm missing out on?

And how do I get my Setup changed? Is it something I can do on my own?

Well it's June 3rd and I looked at the Dish website just now.

I see the price change to the superstations. I have played with a few local addresses where the service is new including short markets (Utica & Watertown, NY). It is close as the Watertown address I entered showed RSN's SNY and MSG leaving out MSG+ that I know should have been included.

There is NO mention of the $2.00 increase to the AT-200 and AT-250 packages.

That crazy site still shows WB and UPN ON THE superstations all these years later! Who is updating this one? Rip Van Winkle? :eek:

I'm not sure you can drop locals anymore. Anyone know? I'm under the impression that shortly they will be added to my bill regardless of my not ordering them.
that just happened to my account, not sure I am upset or not, since the guide is handy and keeps me from losing my $10 HD+platinum if I ever wanted to change and add locals later, and I haven't gotten around to actually adding an antenna, guess if I do that just gives me 2 more tuners I can watch/record from if needed
but I am wondering if I can call back after the new bill is issued, not worth rocking the boat right now with all the other changes confusing myself and so many others

Last weekend I signed up for America's Top 120 package deal for $19.99/month for 1 year and $34.99 for the second year. I also added an international channel for $14.99. However, I did not add any local channels. I took a look at my account yesterday and it stated online *34.99 (I get 15.00 off for 1 year) if I make any upgrades then I will not be able to go back to this price and the international channel was now 19.99. So, I called dishnetwork and they told me that the price of the international channel has gone up so I asked her if I can switch and if that would change anything else or if I would get charged..she said nothing would change so I switched to another international channel for 9.99. And now my package says its for 24.99( for 1 year and 39.99 for 2nd year) and I asked the sales person that I did not want the local channels and I just wanted the 19.99 deal. She told me that EVERYONE'S package now includes local channels. Is this true? Did people who signed up for the $19.99 package gone up to 24.99? or did she mess up when she switched my international channel? I just signed up for this deal 5 days ago!!!!

the contract you agreed to says E can change anything at any time, theres nothing you can do.

frankly with the growth of contracts i think the feds need some consumer protection legislation added.

the increase in the internationals was known for a long time, but E failed to disclose it.

I hope someone files a class action lawsuit against them.

the bad press would be interesting.

Korangu said:
Last weekend I signed up for America's Top 120 package deal for $19.99/month for 1 year and $34.99 for the second year. I also added an international channel for $14.99. However, I did not add any local channels. I took a look at my account yesterday and it stated online *34.99 (I get 15.00 off for 1 year) if I make any upgrades then I will not be able to go back to this price and the international channel was now 19.99. So, I called dishnetwork and they told me that the price of the international channel has gone up so I asked her if I can switch and if that would change anything else or if I would get charged..she said nothing would change so I switched to another international channel for 9.99. And now my package says its for 24.99( for 1 year and 39.99 for 2nd year) and I asked the sales person that I did not want the local channels and I just wanted the 19.99 deal. She told me that EVERYONE'S package now includes local channels. Is this true? Did people who signed up for the $19.99 package gone up to 24.99? or did she mess up when she switched my international channel? I just signed up for this deal 5 days ago!!!!

Try talking to someone else at Dish. It is well known with these companies that a different person will probably tell you different things if you call in and ask enough. You might get the locals removed, you might get a bill credit and you might get one of the many other prizes to be had on this edition of CSR Roulette.

Thank you for your replies.

I talked to the sales person yesterday who couldn't help me so I asked to speak with the supervisor and he was no help either....maybe I'll call again and see what someone else says.

are locals and hd platinum included in dish america? and are sports included in silver and gold?

Does this impact HD Absolute customers?.....
I just checked my Online billing and the answer is YES these wacky changes do impact HD Absolute customers that get locals. HD Absolute w/ Locals now costs $5 LESS :)

My all up bill for HD Absolute w/ Locals + 611 DVR fee is now under $40/mo.

Talon Dancer

This crap with pricing and channels and offerings seems to be happening about every 90 days with these bastards. I was a pre-paid, then a Flex now a locals only since last September. This is crap. All I want to know is what happened to DishHome? I have had Dish for over a decade, but my patience is wearing real thin. OTA is looking better all the time. It seems if they can't get you for $150 per month then suck wind brother!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)