New PuertoRico CW local26 with no Audio

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
okay I can receive this channel via sat with dish, on the ota module I get it with a 80 signal,perfect picture but no audio
CW channel comes in as 26-2 with no audio
26-1(ABC) has no problems
26-3(CBS)has no problems

right now I am using my 222k receiver via HDMI to my 40 inch sharp aquos(1080p LCD) with the box set to 720p

anyone have info on this?
here is a link to the CW site,they say they are broadcasting via channel 25 OTA in San Juan but somehow I am receiving it as channel 26 on my dish receiver?
and I am from Bayamon receiving it with a great signal
Welcome to PRmixCW!

Also I have an apartment and I would also appreciate suggestions on high gain antennas(long range ones)

I am not home now so I can not tell exactly, I know I received it this morning when I did a scan on the OTA module.
ABCPR,CWPR and CBS St.Thomas now known as "This" appeared on my list

CW is not giving audio and all 3 channels are in the digital 26 frequency
26-1 26-2 26-3 for the metro area so out of those 3 CW is the only one not giving me audio

I am from Bayamon and I am receiving this from San Juan according to their site even though it says channel 25 when it really is channel 26.

also not long ago I called up fox aguadilla and they will be adding fox and NBC to the rest of the island soon,this is before december this year.

Also I called my neighbor he scanned the channel with his DTVPal and he is not getting audio so if there is no more troubleshooting left,I guess its the station having problems on their local antenna(CW via sat from dish works fine).

I have the same problem as you Symbol. Channels 26-1(ABC, looks fantastic) and 26-3 have sound, but 26-2 has no audio.

Looking forward to NBC and FOX!!

I live in Toa Baja.

I just went to the "add locals" window and tried to find the correct "transmit number" but can't find the channels, and I live in Guaynabo. Can't find more info on the FCC.

Did find 3 new subchannels (for me, at least) for channel 31 (MegaTV), though.

I'm in Caguas and also no luck with those channels. After doing a scan and even manually.. channels are not available.... NO SIGNAL.

I have the same problem as you Symbol. Channels 26-1(ABC, looks fantastic) and 26-3 have sound, but 26-2 has no audio.

I live in Toa Baja.
if so this means it is the stations transmitter, I grabbed my cheap lasonic converter box and it picked the channels but It did not give me CW with audio either
my antenna is aiming south twards cayey and I have a 80% signal, tomorrow I am going to point it to San Juan to see if I get an improvement.

Yes I am also looking forward to NBC and fox since those are the channels I mostly watch and that would let me remove 2 dish receivers from the guestrooms and replace them with DTVpals(only watch sat in the living room)

one thing I did notice though is that these OTA channels have a low audio, you have to crank up the volume to almost 75% full power to get a normal sound
this sucks because when you change to a normal sat channel you have to lower the volume since it will be sounding very loud

also I do not know if it was me or not but greys anatomy looked like HD to me yesterday on ABC!(using vip222k and ota module,much sharper picture than cw and cbs)

I sent an email to the LKK group(owner of these stations in PR)
so hopefully they can confirm this is a technical issue rather than bad coverter boxes and OTA modules.

I'm in Caguas and also no luck with those channels. After doing a scan and even manually.. channels are not available.... NO SIGNAL.
maybe the transmitter doesnt reach caguas?I would suggest to mount a high gain antenna in your roof and point it towards san juan

by selecting add locals these 3 channels can be found by transmit number 26(ignore that the cw site says 25)

I gotta go to work, when I get home tonight I will snap some pics for you guys of the receivers settings along with my OTA antenna(no its not one of those ugly ones,its a 4ft antenna I bought of costco a few years ago, always gave me great reception!)

Last edited:
maybe the transmitter doesnt reach caguas?I would suggest to mount a high gain antenna in your roof and point it towards san juan

by selecting add locals these 3 channels can be found by transmit number 26(ignore that the cw site says 25)

I gotta go to work, when I get home tonight I will snap some pics for you guys of the receivers settings along with my OTA antenna(no its not one of those ugly ones,its a 4ft antenna I bought of costco a few years ago, always gave me great reception!)

I still don't get anything from 26. Maybe it's time to take my roof antenna higher (it's already 6 ft. above the roof), or change it. I have a Radio Shack traditional antenna VHF-UHF-FM, pointing south in Guaynabo. I already receive channels 2, 4, 6, 7, 11, 13, 24, 31 (formerly 30), 32, 40 and 58. I know there are some missing, but I didn't care, till now.

SYMBOL, it will be great to see your OTA antenna, and if you remember the brand, please post.

Thanks

okay I can receive this channel via sat with dish, on the ota module I get it with a 80 signal,perfect picture but no audio
CW channel comes in as 26-2 with no audio
26-1(ABC) has no problems
26-3(CBS)has no problems

right now I am using my 222k receiver via HDMI to my 40 inch sharp aquos(1080p LCD) with the box set to 720p

anyone have info on this?
here is a link to the CW site,they say they are broadcasting via channel 25 OTA in San Juan but somehow I am receiving it as channel 26 on my dish receiver?
and I am from Bayamon receiving it with a great signal
Welcome to PRmixCW!

Also I have an apartment and I would also appreciate suggestions on high gain antennas(long range ones)

I post it yesterday in the OTA section:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/digital...w-ota-hd-channels-puerto-rico-metro-area.html

The antenas are in Bayamon if you see my post you will the coverage area and WVXF is not CBS anymore it change Affiliation to THIS!

I live in Toa Baja.

It will be in channel 10 range coming soon!
Here is the coverage map for channel 10 in San Juan: http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/FMTV-service-area?x=LD1299256.html

Mayaguez area: http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/FMTV-service-area?x=LD1283699.html

Ponce: http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/FMTV-service-area?x=LD1285782.html

Last edited:
I still don't get anything from 26. Maybe it's time to take my roof antenna higher (it's already 6 ft. above the roof), or change it. I have a Radio Shack traditional antenna VHF-UHF-FM, pointing south in Guaynabo. I already receive channels 2, 4, 6, 7, 11, 13, 24, 31 (formerly 30), 32, 40 and 58. I know there are some missing, but I didn't care, till now.

SYMBOL, it will be great to see your OTA antenna, and if you remember the brand, please post.

Thanks

In Guaynabo you will get it! Here is the coverage maps:
San Juan FM and TV Service Area Maps
Ponce:TV Query Results -- Video Division (FCC) USA
mayaguez:TV Query Results -- Video Division (FCC) USA

Nel....excellent find....do u by any chance know when this will finally appear in its corrent range...also if NBC & Fox will start such a station in Bayamon or somewhere near...so that we can pick HD for them also

Just got home and cw has audio now!

I had to leave for a meeting today but I can tell you that this is my antenna
works great,no power amp needed have used it for around 3 years, I beleive the new version of this antenna is the terk tv 55
TERK TV-50 TV/FM/INDOOR/OUTDOOR ANTENNA- Home Theater Plus audio, video, denon, plasma, discount, outdoor speaker, stereo, televisions and more!

also I went to my old mans house and he uses one of those cheap PVC antennas and it picks up the 3 channels with a 100% signal according to his converter bo:mad:he lives by the #2 area in guaynabo)

Last edited:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/digital...w-ota-hd-channels-puerto-rico-metro-area.html

The antenas are in Bayamon if you see my post you will the coverage area and WVXF is not CBS anymore it change Affiliation to THIS!

if I said THIS! which you are right its not CBS anymore
but if we dont refer to it as CBS since that was the original provider,people would just think its another crap station *cough dish local 54*:rolleyes:

everything is alright now and working, also expect NBC and Fox to come of that same tower soon(this might not be true but thats what the lady from the LKK group said)

sorry about that nel, just thought that they were in san juan since their site states ponce,mayaguez and san juan

no love for bayamon :( but glad to hear they are here near us :)

also did you notice ABC is coming in HD?

Nel....excellent find....do u by any chance know when this will finally appear in its corrent range...also if NBC & Fox will start such a station in Bayamon or somewhere near...so that we can pick HD for them also

I am already watching it at Over The Air antena channel 26.1 WPRU ABC HD 26.2 CW 26.3 WVXF THIS
I watched General Hospital yesterday in HD!
Here is the coverage in the San Juan Area:FM and TV Service Area Maps

I got this in my email today about the FOX HD OTA in PR

Subject: Re: ABC HD , CW and WVXF
To: "nelson torres rivera" <neljtorres@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, August 14, 2009, 5:02 PM

Fox will not be on until later in the year. On CW audio if you do a rescan
it should be there now. Thanks

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts