New PuertoRico CW local26 with no Audio

its back on a couple days ago... thought they were adding fox and nbc but guess they had some type of problem last week.. hope they add nbc and fox soon

EPG on PR local channels via antenna (VIP 722)

I just installed a local antenna and hooked it to my Dish receiver VIP 722.

I scanned the local channels and received the 26.1, 26.2 and 26.3.

I wanted to to receive 26.1 (ABC HD) to drop channel 73 (ABD HD Chicago via All American Direct) and save $5/month.

BUT, the problem I have right now is that the EPG only says Digital Service and I use a lot the DVR, so I can't program the DVR to record certain tv programs I like on ABC.

I can program a manual timer for Thursdays @ 9pm to record Grey's Anatomy but the days that the program last 2 hours will cut my record at the half of the episode.

Can anyone tell me how can I solve this problem so I can get rid of ABC HD Chicago and save my $5... I need it to pay the local taxes now on my Dish statement.

Thanks.

I think someone posted about contacting Dish EPG people, that there was something they could do to activate the EPG, but I cannot find that post. If someone remembers the contact numbers...

On another note, does anyone knows if anything changed with the signal from ch. 26, strength or otherwise?. I was receiving it OK and suddenly, since two weeks ago, I can't anymore. It is not working on any of my TVs, with different systems (Dish, directly from OTA, and via a converter box)

I just installed a local antenna and hooked it to my Dish receiver VIP 722.

I scanned the local channels and received the 26.1, 26.2 and 26.3.

I wanted to to receive 26.1 (ABC HD) to drop channel 73 (ABD HD Chicago via All American Direct) and save $5/month.

BUT, the problem I have right now is that the EPG only says Digital Service and I use a lot the DVR, so I can't program the DVR to record certain tv programs I like on ABC.
Are you signed up for Locals? Dish requires you to be signed up for locals in order to get guide data.

Also, it takes some time to update the guide data after you scan in a local, sometimes it'll take overnight to do that.
To get it instantly, you can sometimes pull the smartcard and put it back in to force a guide update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)