NEW RTN FTA BIRD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I notice steady 50sQ and stable now. Thanks Luken.:)

Another thing I noticed in the past few days...My local RTN, WTEN is now back to their original schedule. They were mirroring the RTN East with their own station logo added and local commercials after the tones for the last 2 weeks.

Now they are back to the original RTN screen and programs. I suspect they are using another feed now. Perhaps from AMC3 on S2?

AMC 9 and RTN

I know the new RTN frequency on AMC 9 have been posted here before but for the life of me I can not find them with the search, so would some one be kind enough to post them again.

11733 H 4440 or something real close to that...the frequency is 11733-11735 and the symbol rate is 4430-4440 something like that. Not at home to check :p

I know the new RTN frequency on AMC 9 have been posted here before but for the life of me I can not find them with the search, so would some one be kind enough to post them again.

11740 H 4440
or
11740 H 4444

aw heck it shouldn't be that far down

Old thread labeled AMC 9 (i think) and had the info on page 2.

Theads I found:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/161044-need-help-amc9.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/159885-new-rtn-fta-bird.html#post1648570 They speculate and fine tune the frequency starting here

GaryZ and Meinename,

I am showing the RTN east and west both on 11.735 H SR 4.430 MS/s.
My Quality is low, I am only showing 67-68% (with 78% signal level).

I tried to manually enter 11.740 H 4.440 and 11.740 H 4.444 and didn't pick up a valid signal. I am using a Coolsat 5K.

AcWxRadar

GaryZ and Meinename,

I am showing the RTN east and west both on 11.735 H SR 4.430 MS/s.
My Quality is low, I am only showing 67-68% (with 78% signal level).

I tried to manually enter 11.740 H 4.440 and 11.740 H 4.444 and didn't pick up a valid signal. I am using a Coolsat 5K.

AcWxRadar

What size dish are you using AcWxRadar?

What size dish are you using AcWxRadar?

Hi GaryZ,

I am using the DS-2076 Winegard 76cm dish with an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF and a DN SW21 switch in-between the motor/LNBF to select between the Circular and the Linear outputs of the Invacom.

The motor I am using is the PowerTech DG-280 from Sadouns.

The Receiver is a Coolsat 5000.

AcWxRadar

Hi GaryZ,

I am using the DS-2076 Winegard 76cm dish with an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF and a DN SW21 switch in-between the motor/LNBF to select between the Circular and the Linear outputs of the Invacom.

The motor I am using is the PowerTech DG-280 from Sadouns.

The Receiver is a Coolsat 5000.

AcWxRadar

I'm using a 90cm dish but can barely get a lock. The picture drops in and out.

It needs adjustment, my 90cm Primestar is doing fine, high 40's and solid on the Pansat 2700A.

Finally a real use for my 90cm again, ever since HITS moved to C band it has been floating here and there and not being used much.

About 40% on my viewsat, in fact last night I did a blind scan and it picked it up for the first time.

It needs adjustment, my 90cm Primestar is doing fine, high 40's and solid on the Pansat 2700A.

Finally a real use for my 90cm again, ever since HITS moved to C band it has been floating here and there and not being used much.

GaryZ and TVropro,

Here is one item that no one should overlook... Although my dish is marketed as a 76cm dish, it actually has the same effective aperture as some 90 cm dishes and some 90cm dishes may acutally have an effective apperture of less than 90cm. It all boils down to the phyiscial geometry of the dish design. A bigger dish isn't always better for reception. Keep this thought in the back of your mind while you pursue this hobby.

It is a salesmanship tactic to sell you a dish that is simply bigger, regardless of the fact that is "better". You have to read up on certain specifications like gain and effective apperture to really compare each dish, one to the other.

Sometimes the advertising is very misleading. You have to be knowledgable of satellite technology and dish design (geometry) so that you know what you are shopping for.

I attempted to use a 1M Wimegard dish, instead of my 76cm Winegard dish and found that it was much less advantageous. The 76cm dish was better all around for Ku band.

Now, with the proper LNBF and conical scalar ring, the 1M was able to receive C-Band (Walrus was doing that experimentation with my dish) whereas the 76cm dish could barely touch a C-Band signal.

There is a lot more involved than simply the size of the dish alone. Thre main criteria that I can site are:

1] Effective Apperture
2] F/D ratio
3] Overall gain
4] Total weight
5] Wind loading
6] Price

All of these are important and you need to balance them appropriately.

I found the differences moreso by trial and error, and spending money just to play (hobby). But, if you analyze and compare the results, you can determine what is best before you fork out the money.

My research led me to stick with the 76cm Winegard DS-2076 dish for Ku band.

Now, I am also located in the central US, near Omaha, NE. So I may have an advantage with some satellites over persons in Canada for the same satellite. Learning how to read the EIRP charts and maps will definitely give you more clues as to what is necessary.

There are many things to consider, and the considerations change with your location (to some extent).

AcWxRadar

About 40% on my viewsat, in fact last night I did a blind scan and it picked it up for the first time.

Barney,

I couldn't get the RTN EAST or WEST channels to come in either a week ago. The signal and quality strength were just below the threshold for me. Walrus, who lives near to me had them coming in, but not I. I rechecked them today and they were coming in just fine, low signal quality, but I can watch them w/o pixelation. Previously, they were not coming in at all. I am not sure if it the weather or if they upped the power, but now I can at least watch the RT channels on 83W just fine. I will have to monitor this for a while to be sure that it isn't just a fluke.

I was receiving these channels with 61-63% Q and now it is 66-69%. This is with the Coolsat 5K and the threshold has always been 63% minimum, so now I am marginally above this by 3% at least.

AcWxRadar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts