New RTV Programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kingofku

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
Riverside County, California
Tuned in RTV today for the first time in awhile.....

They were airing "The Naked City" followed by "Route 66". Looks like they're giving their Universal 80s library a rest for awhile.

I went to the RTV website and could only find the only schedule. Nothing I found reflected the new schedule. However, I did go to KIRO TV's site (Seattle) and they have the new programming reflected in their on-air guide.

Tuned in RTV today for the first time in awhile.....

They were airing "The Naked City" followed by "Route 66". Looks like they're giving their Universal 80s library a rest for awhile.

I went to the RTV website and could only find the only schedule. Nothing I found reflected the new schedule. However, I did go to KIRO TV's site (Seattle) and they have the new programming reflected in their on-air guide.

I used to look forward to Alfred Hitchcock Presents on weeknights and Night Gallery on the weekends. But awhile ago they changed their lineup and they show one episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents on Sunday. Night Gallery was really cool, I hadn't seen it before RTV. I watch the movies sometimes on the weekends if they're weird enough. I can't sit through most of what's on RTV nowadays, are these "new" shows any better?

I used to look forward to Alfred Hitchcock Presents on weeknights and Night Gallery on the weekends. But awhile ago they changed their lineup and they show one episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents on Sunday. Night Gallery was really cool, I hadn't seen it before RTV. I watch the movies sometimes on the weekends if they're weird enough. I can't sit through most of what's on RTV nowadays, are these "new" shows any better?
Guess it depends on what you like. Both Naked City (a crime drama set in New York) and Route 66 (an anthology drama that follows two guys travelling the highways and biways of the USA in a Corvette) are a nice change from some of the other programs that they have been airing. Glad they finally gave Incredible Hulk a rest. Hopefully they'll continue to air Adam 12, Dragnet and Emergency. But time will tell.

Oh dear.. Here we go again...

Thank goodness for the S2 channels on 87. I'm not sure what you call all those little stations that upload their channels to that satellite but each city appears to have their own flavor of RTV going on. I can find different spins on RTV to make up for the changes of the national program. Some of the stations have Alfred Hitchcock, Kraft Suspense Theater and even Night Gallery. On weekends they also have some oddball shows I had long ago forgotten about.

Looking at Titantv for the national lineup, I have to say I'm not too thrilled. I see another reality show thrown in, "Celebrity Kitchen".. Ugh.... Cold Case Files and this, I see RTV becoming a clone of TV Land.. By the way, what is a NEW VH1 show doing on RTV? How is that happening??

Thank goodness for C-band.. (I can't believe I just said that! :eek: )

Last edited:
Oh dear.. Here we go again...

Thank goodness for the S2 channels on 87. I'm not sure what you call all those little stations that upload their channels to that satellite but each city appears to have their own flavor of RTV going on. I can find different spins on RTV to make up for the changes of the national program. Some of the stations have Alfred Hitchcock, Kraft Suspense Theater and even Night Gallery. On weekends they also have some oddball shows I had long ago forgotten about.

Looking at Titantv for the national lineup, I have to say I'm not too thrilled. I see another reality show thrown in, "Celebrity Kitchen".. Ugh.... Cold Case Files and this, I see RTV becoming a clone of TV Land.. By the way, what is a NEW VH1 show doing on RTV? How is that happening??

Thank goodness for C-band.. (I can't believe I just said that! :eek: )
The RTV schedule is very flexible for stations. Some can take the whole enchilada 24/7 or they can cherry pick what they want to air. The affiliates probably don't have to adhere to any type of schedule for playing the show. All RTV is concerned with is that they air their (RTV's) commercial spots.

The RTV schedule is very flexible for stations. Some can take the whole enchilada 24/7 or they can cherry pick what they want to air. The affiliates probably don't have to adhere to any type of schedule for playing the show. All RTV is concerned with is that they air their (RTV's) commercial spots.

Ah, the almighty advertising dollar is the bottom line.

Affiliates.. Thank you, I wasn't sure what to refer to them as.. I feel slightly less dumb for now.. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts