New Software upgrade for 811

ROLLTIDE said:
local display option lets you put the locals from dish on channels below 100

Here is a problem that maybe could be fixed, now instead of just putting in for example just Channel 5, you have to put in 005-00. Don't want to start griping, I am extremely thankful for what has been fixed so far. Just saw something that maybe could be changed.

The only thing fixed from my point of view is the picture in guide and EPG out to 20-some hours.

Recall does not work for OTA digitals.

I also just received 264, but guess what??? My 148 satellite problem has not been solved. I just spoke to tech support and they don't have any idea when that problem will be fixed. Time to try Voom or go back to D*

My 2.64 downloaded about 30 minutes ago.
Have not yet checked it out. Sure hope the program guide goes out more than 2 hours

ingramba said:
Everything is working great except my s-video is still dark, anyone else notice this also? Thanks Dish for the update! :)

I believe Dish said in the tech chat that the s-video prob would be fixed in 265

ctcohen04 said:
My 2.64 downloaded about 30 minutes ago.
Have not yet checked it out. Sure hope the program guide goes out more than 2 hours

The EPG is fixed for sure. I was able to look all the way to Thursday at 3pm.

bobiii said:
I also just received 264, but guess what??? My 148 satellite problem has not been solved. I just spoke to tech support and they don't have any idea when that problem will be fixed. Time to try Voom or go back to D*

Give Dish time to fix the problem.

Keep your eye on the front display. The OTA and Sat lights (blue and yellow) will both come on while it is updating.

Bill

Here is what I still am seeing...

+ S-Video seems to be much more truer to color

+ Program guide has picture without waiting for guide data

+ Program guide seems to go out at least a couple days

+ DISH Local channels remapped to OTA channel numbers

- Still having a lot of problems with the DTV OTA signal fluctuations of 10 to 15%. This does not happen on my old 6000 or 921. Signals are solid on these two receivers. I am starting to wonder if this more of a hardware issue rather than software. Anybody else having this problem?

- Sort of the same problem, but DTV station 32 (23.1) bounced from 38 to 49 and never locks.

- System seems more responsive in general.

I am still seeing the signal strength fluctuate on some of my OTA channels.

Also, what 18 HD channels do you pull OTA?

Bill

They broke it -- Fix it!

WLong said:
Give Dish time to fix the problem.

I got my 811 in December and worked great in HD mode. Two weeks ago I lost the 148 satellite. They promised me a fix in the next download. No such luck! That was two weeks ago. How much time should I give them??? They broke it, since it was working fine until two weeks ago when they moved all HD from the 148. They screwed something up and I just can't see why they can't retrace their steps and fix it!

I need my CBS HD!

What Sat did they move the content to? Did someone come out and realign your equipment for the new DISH?

Ok guys. I turned off my box...no lights ever flashed or came on indicating a software download. Now the box will not turn on. Does this mean it is downloading or should I "reboot" the entire thing?

The 811 can now record using a vcr and actually get video instead of a black screen. This is a big plus for me. Guide seems to be working well.

Leave the box turned off. Shortly, you will see the lights both come on. Then, when it is complete it will turn itself off.

Then you can power it on and go into the system info. You should see 264 as your software version.

Satch0922 said:
Ok guys. I turned off my box...no lights ever flashed or came on indicating a software download. Now the box will not turn on. Does this mean it is downloading or should I "reboot" the entire thing?

I turned mine off at 9:50pm EST. Within 4 minutes I got the update started.

Maybe you should just leave it alone for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)