New Software upgrade for 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Got the update last night... I wasn't able to play with it much to see what was fixed. But I did notice that it didn't fix the OTA 49% issue. :( I might be able to play with it some more tonight...

MaSat said:
I worked in a place that sells HD receivers and I've seen at least a few of them does this. When that happen the channel remapped to the real frequency number. Go to http://www.antennaweb.org to find out what is the real frequency assignment of the channel.

So, what brand of OTA stand-alone receivers seem to be the most stable??

I sent an email to ceo@eachostar.com thanking them finally for something we should've had out of the box. It is simply amazing to me how happy everybody gets when they finally get what they were promised in the first place.

Just like Christmas isn't it?

I didn't have much time to play with it this morning but it was up and running.

I also asked them to provide a Formal List of Fixes which 264 corrected. Hopefully they will provide it.

I see their website isn't up to date yet, it still says 263.

I wonder how many months untill we see 265 ??? We should start a poll and give away a prize for the person that picks the correct date and time . Maybey a free 921 ! What do you think Scott ?

Hey Tide,

Now that the locals are mapping in the guide, is there anyway to tie the OTA channels into the mapped locals? I went throught the manual again last night and couldn't do it. My wife gets confused by the whole station call letter thing. Someone please help me get her off my back!! :shocked

Patch aint even out for a day and some cant help themselves with negative comments as expected.

Its really kinda funny.

Summary and paraphrase of the comments in this thread (and over on dbstalk):

"Yea sure, there wont be any release 3/2.. if you believe dish you're retarded"
"Hey, 2pm and no patch yet"
"Looks like we were screwed by big-bad-dish again..."
"I never believe dish, always empty promises"
"oh wait, Im getting it!"
"Hey, this patch fixes what it stated, great!"
"My guide goes out 2 days!!"
"Of course, we should have had this from the beginning"
"Hey, they didnt fix bug X and bug Y... what a gyp"
"How many months do you think until our next update?"

Some comments will continue to pop up like this. Some just cant stand that people can be satisfied with E*. It drives them crazy that E* "gets away" with anything.

I took the download last night. EPG and Pic in guide are very nice. I've got one OTA digital that it is determined to not lock on. This same channel comes in fine on my 921 with a stable 95 signal. I've still got two OTA digital channels that lose their remapping.

One thing I did notice that I didn't like was that last night it took the guide download and I could go 2 days out. I left the box on OTA over night. This morning when I go up and browsed the satellite channels, I got no information. I went to the program guide and it showed no information for about 2 second and the poof! the guide appeared full. While a two second delay in not a huge problem, what does this mean to OTA viewing when the SAT goes out? I very unfoundly recall the 6000 problems with viewing OTA when SAT signal was not present. The 811 has had this problems also. I was hopeful that the 2 day guide would give us a little leeway with OTA viewing during SAT loss. I'll do some testing tonight. My belief is that the 811 should be set up to work on OTA stations as long as the guide has over 24 hours worth of information in it. This would protect Dish's investment in assuring that 811 users remain Dish subscribers and allow us to use our investment during Sat outages.

melvis1907 said:
Hey Tide,

Now that the locals are mapping in the guide, is there anyway to tie the OTA channels into the mapped locals? I went throught the manual again last night and couldn't do it. My wife gets confused by the whole station call letter thing. Someone please help me get her off my back!! :shocked

I'm not sure on that but will check this afternoon for you this evening.

bcshields said:
Does anyone still have issues with 148? Did this software fix it? (or am I asking too early and the west coasters haven't woken up yet?)
The 148 issue is still here. I had hoped it would be fixed with this release but no luck.
One strange thing did happen. For some reason it "ONE" time did see 148 and I thought, hooray, but went to ch9454, CBSHD from 148, and couldn't get it. Message was that I wasn't subscribed to it. Sheesh, it was always there with my 6000. A while later I went back to look at the point dish signels and 148 was gone again.
Disappointed here on the western boundary of the US of A.

bcshields said:
Does anyone still have issues with 148? Did this software fix it? (or am I asking too early and the west coasters haven't woken up yet?)

I ran a check switch after the update and the 148 still shows 'CONN'. After exiting all the way out of the menu, it went to do more checks: 5 checks for the 110, 5 for the 119, and 5 for 148. So it seems to recognize the 148 but it's not pulling in the signal. Not a big deal for me since I have a 510 in the same location to receive locals (can't get waiver for CBSHD). However, that's not the point since it was working for about 2 months after I got it installed.

I still have the issue with OTA after viewing it for over hour. When I switch to a satellite channel, instead of getting the "Acquiring Satellite signal" message, it goes through the 5 checks of each satellite location. Also, 2 OTA stations get mapped properly after adding them, but go back to its digital station after selecting them.

I see the same improvements as described by others.

I still have the issue with OTA after viewing it for over hour. When I switch to a satellite channel, instead of getting the "Acquiring Satellite signal" message, it goes through the 5 checks of each satellite location.

While this has been a problem on both the 6000 and the 811, there's still a work around if you remember to always use the browse function first when changing from an OTA channel to a sat channel. This way you will never get the annoying "Acquiring Satellite Signal" for several minutes.

Today almost all DP811 allowed to DL P264:
101C LAAA 1-4000000000
101C LAAD 1-4000000000
101C LABA 1-4000000000
101C LABD 1-4000000000
1010 LAAA 1-4000000000
1010 LAAD 1-4000000000
1010 LABA 1-4000000000
1010 LABD 1-4000000000
1010 LADA 1-4000000000
1010 LADD 1-4000000000
1011 LAAA 1-4000000000
1011 LAAD 1-4000000000
1011 LABA 1-4000000000
1011 LABD 1-4000000000
1011 LADA 1-4000000000
1011 LADD 1-4000000000

I got the new upgrade, but 49% problem still exists. I saw all local channels under 100 but CBS and WB get stuck at 49%.

sat717 said:
I got the new upgrade, but 49% problem still exists. I saw all local channels under 100 but CBS and WB get stuck at 49%.

Sat717,

I'm curious, are both of those 2 channels multicasting? I have only hads the problem on channels that are & 264 fixed it on 2 of the 3 that I was having the problem on.

Sparkman said:
Sat717,

I'm curious, are both of those 2 channels multicasting? I have only hads the problem on channels that are & 264 fixed it on 2 of the 3 that I was having the problem on.
I'm still having the problem on ch12.1. Methinks it is mainly occurring on VHF digital channels, but I could be wrong.

Grandude said:
I'm still having the problem on ch12.1. Methinks it is mainly occurring on VHF digital channels, but I could be wrong.

What digital channel does 12.1 broadcast on there? The channel I'm having the problem on is channel 7, which broadcasts on digital 52. The channel that is better is channel 11, which broadcasts on digital 47. The other channel improved is channel 10, which broadcasts on digital 8. All 3 of these multicast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts