This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

new sub with questions on install

The dp34 switch has been sitting in my closet since the day the first tech left 3 weeks ago. I didnt plan on giving it back unless asked.

There is no place in my yard that a dish 1000 can get all 3 signals (110,119, and 129). The trees are over a hundred years old and by law I cannot cut them down. If they end up putting my Detroit HD locals on 129 then I will have to find a place for a single dish or maybe stick it on my neighbors house. I would definitely need a dp44 though since the run from the dish1000 to the 129 dish will be over 250ft. Going to a dp44 would be about 125ft or so.

Why not move the dish, dial in 119, connect up 129, check switch, & you should be good. My best results are hook direct (1 cable to input 2, point dish screen to 119, transponder 11, use a dish pro twin (not +) cable on 119 port. dial in 119 on meter. replace dp twin with dp+ twin, hook in 129, put seperator on receiver, run check switch. If you can't find a location that clears 129, then you are out of luck.
hope this helps

You don't need 129, 61.5 will give you all the HD channels. Most locals will be on 110 soon. What you have now with the DPP twin feeding both receivers and the 129 DP LNB moved to 61.5 and feeding into the twin is correct.

The 1000 can feed two receivers of any type. The DPP44 is needed for more than two receivers, the 61.5 would feed the 44 then. The DirectTV dish should work fine, the LNB to dish distance may be off causing the low signal level.

Already bought a dpp44 off ebay and a dish500 with single lnb and I mount from dishstore. Got the Dish1000 lined up perfectly with 110/119 and the dish500 aimed at 61.5. Everything works perfect. Too bad it took spending $200 to get my install right in the first place!

can't use a separator with a DP 34..both dual tuners fed from a DP 34 must have two cables to each.

The guy said he couldn't make it because he was in the gray bar Hilton?!!!!!!!!! Screw him ..call dish and get a qualified tech out there......This is ridiculous!

Congrats, scooby2! In the long run it might be the best $200 you'll ever spend given all the hassle that was still likely to come with your bunch of local yay-hoos. And think of the education you got! FWIW, you had me ROTFLMAO (sorry 'bout that but thanks a lot for the chuckle - I needed it!)

Sell the 34 and recoup part of that 2 bills. (34 ?? What 34 ?? The tech musta hocked it for bail money!) Seriously, you might try contacting the CEO url (not sure what it is exactly, but you'll find it on here in many threads) with your story - seems a lot of folks have gotten some satisfaction that way, maybe you can at least get some credit on your account. YMMV. Good luck!