New Subscribers Who Are NOT Yet Installed Please Read This.

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Moderators, please make this a sticky.

New Voom customers, if you want to know the status of your upcoming install, please go to www.voom.com and login. If you do not yet have an account, call 1-800-GET-VOOM (438-8666) and have them create you an online account so you can login.

Once logged in, you will see 4 Options across the top of the box for Your Account. Choose Installation and you will see your Appointment #, the scheduled date and the time you are scheduled for. If you have not heard from your installer within 5 days of your install date, call Voom and get the installer's number, they have no problem giving it to you.

Contact the installer and verify that they have your equipment and have you scheduled for that time slot. Then call them back the day before your install and verify again that they do have your equipment and you are still scheduled. Stuff happens, people. The installers and CSR's are human and make mistakes. Stay on top of your install and make it happen.

Welcome to VOOM! :D

It's been working since before I was installed on 3/13, I tracked my install through it.

My install is this Friday. I've received emails from Voom and Installs. I've verified my install date through Installs three times. There is no information on my install when I log onto MY Voom though. When I called Voom they had the info. I just called Installs again and specifically asked them if they had my equipment yet. They said there is no tracking number, but it shows that it is "on the way." Hopefully everything will work out, but I'm a little nervous.

The information on my Voom login says Never installed and asks me to set-up my Voom service. I do have an account number, but it wants me to choose equipment and package. When I call Voom they have the correct info. and install date.

The CSR told me that this does not work correctly for customers that call in their order. It only works for those that signed up for Voom online.

Has anyone heard different?

The way I did it, was I called Voom months before I ever even ordered the service so I could be notified of specials when they were available. They put me in the system so I could setup an online account and I was able to track mine just fine once I ordered.

The following is the text I get from My Voom when I Log-in:

"We are unable to schedule or display your installation appointment at this time. Please call 1.800.GET.VOOM if you need information regarding your installation appointment.

If you have not already bought VOOM, please return to MY VOOM to purchase service."

Thanks!

Sean Mota said:
DarrellP,

Is this finally working? I always thought it was not.
It was working the day I called in and signed up. The CSR created the account for me. Had the email from installs inc the next day. In that email they gave me the installers name and email addy. I then emailed the installer and explained everything about the install. It made things go very smoothly.

I just got a call that I am getting an install tomorrow at noon. Thats odd, but it makes my day.

I don't have any "install" info on my site either, I have emailed VOOM.....
This will be my first "test" of VOOM customer service....

I'll let everybody know how it turns out, install set for 05/26/04. :confused:

Just so everyone knows even if you do see your scheduled date on the voom site you should call them and get the installers number. Even though I am on my 3rd install I called the installer each time and had them move up my scheduled date. Voom sets the date, but if you call the installer directly he should work better with your schedule.

Seawaves said:
I called Voom to try and verify my install but Voom didn't have the installers phone number.

You should of received an email from Voom with all the info. If not call them again get the name of the installer and call information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)