New TNAP 4 images available at Legitfta. Both Mio and Mio+

I must be one unlucky dude. No one experiences my "hardships". My latest problem is after flashing my wife's osmio4k box with TNAP4 and now I'm having occasional problems with the dish not moving unless I reboot the box. What a hassle.

Aside from that, both boxes running TNAP4 are having trouble blind scanning transponder freqs under 3800. Manual scans find the services just fine.
You flashed them without restoring a backup, then set them up from scratch?

Well, you need to let El Bandido know, over at Legit. He can't fix anything, unless he knows it doesn't work in some way, and can replicate it, or get some error logs from you to help.

Whoops, I see you already did. Thanks!
Unfortunately, it's all my fault since no one says they can duplicate the problem. Just another thing I'll have to live with.

Lessons learned from the report of the TNAP 4 missing transponders below 3800MHz. The reason that others, (including myself) did not experience the same issue was narrowed down to several reasons.

1. No transponders were missed in the Blindscan. Instead, it should have been reported that Services were not being logged on the transponder list. We were looking for different results in our tests. A great feature of E2 is to perform 2 different types of scans. A Transponder scan adds a user interaction step to select which transponders are logged for services vs channel scan type which is an automatic transponder and service log like with appliance STBs.

2. I learned something new... the Blind Scan Start and Stop Frequencies are approximate.
These frequencies are advised to be left at the defaults unless a user is wishing to narrow the search for Service Logging. If the Start frequency is left at the default of 3200 or 3400, the Service Scans will find the services on the transponders below 3800. I also set the Start to 3650 and services were logged in the low 3700's. So, allow for a band edge effect.

3. Running WebIF (or any other executable) is likely to cause problems with other operations. Remember that it has been repeatedly recommended to close these programs on other devices when not in use. Running these services do use system resources. As we have observed before, sluggish RCU operation does occur, so it stands to reason that this could affect scanning and logging reliability.

4. When reporting issues with TNAP, include the Service Scan logs. A simple way to capture the logs is to create a folder named, "ServiceScan" on an attached drive. Attach the captured file to El Bandido to review. I am interested in seeing the file when this problem occurs. Maybe the op would post it over at LegitFTA for review?

Haven't experienced a failure to move the dish in the DiSEqC 1.2 mode. Is this problem happening with DiSEqC 1.2 or USALS mode? Is the dish motor control shared by another STB?

Reactions: primestar31
Haven't experienced a failure to move the dish in the DiSEqC 1.2 mode. Is this problem happening with DiSEqC 1.2 or USALS mode? Is the dish motor control shared by another STB?
Diseqc. Only one STB controls the Vbox. I don't have a USALS motor hooked up and haven't since upgrading to TNAP4 so I don't know if there are any issues there. I do have a switch in place that connects 1 vbox and 1 usals (whenever I get one installed) to 1 STB.

An A/B or DiSEqC switch? Take the switch out of line to test. An open port on a switch could cause signalling problems.

I personally use a DiSEqC switch with good port isolation to select between the DiSEqC 1.2 controller and USALS HH motor.

An A/B or DiSEqC switch? Take the switch out of line to test. An open port on a switch could cause signalling problems.

I personally use a DiSEqC switch with good port isolation to select between the DiSEqC 1.2 controller and USALS HH motor.
Diseqc switch. WSI WS4210HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)