New TNAP 4 images available at Legitfta. Both Mio and Mio+

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Yes, was just waiting on a new bootlogo package. El Bandido located a new graphics artist and the package was delivered last week. EB has done exceptional work on TNAP 4.0! While some images and hardware struggle with 3 or 4MHz service scan minimum spacing, EB has resolved TNAP to 1MHz!

Quote El Bandido:
TNAP-4.0 Images are attached. Some of the most notable changes or updates are:
(1) scan spacing set to 1 MHz
(2) Change time files
(3) Add internet and wireless internet to setup
(4) Backups named tnap-4 + Date
(5) Autofocus in Positioner setup has been modified to check 50 positions
(6) The satellites .xml file has been updated.
(7) The atsc.xml file has been cut to scan no higher than 653 MHz.
(8) Flash image updated
(9) Minor changes to Factory reset

A complete fresh install and rescan of all satellites is suggested due to satellites.xml change.
SystemTime needs to be set correctly as changes have been made in this area.

A special Thanks to Megatron817, stephan94, and everyone else that tested or contributed to the build of this image!

I hope it fixed my time sync issues without breaking something else. I'll update my box and run TNAP4 for a week before doing the wife's box. Will Webif rename services now or do they have to be manually done or by some kind of Windows based app (I doubt anyone has made one for Linux yet).

Could you please refresh my memory on the "Fresh Install" procedures?
Fresh install means to install TNAP 4.0 with no backup of previous settings. This fresh install may be an install of TNAP 4.0 in either a secondary slot (multi-boot) from inside a "downloaded_images" folder or a force install of the TNAP 4.0 USB version over the existing Slot1 image - unzipped TNAP folder with a renamed "force" text file.

There are specific discussion threads for the four TNAP 4.0 images on LegitFTA.

Too bad that one has to start from scratch when upgrading. Anyway, I hope to get my box upgraded today before my favorite shows start.

Installed on one box. So far so good. So far I noticed there is no option for American English and that the blind scan begins at 3.2 GHz (Whaaat?).

Reactions: Titanium
...just don't allow it to do a Restore of your settings...

I used the online method with the remote control. All went well. But I made a significant mistake. When prompted with "Do you want to auto restore?", I answered Yes. Big mistake. I assume the correct answer is No.

It likely set the screen resolution back to something other than my 1080 I require and it seems to have also reset the settings file. I then couldn't see anything on my display. I had to re-flash using the USB method. I also had to reconfigure from scratch. I didn't mind too much the reconfiguration since at first I thought I had bricked the box.

I recommend upgrading to TNAP 4.0. All the satellite files have been updated so there are many more up-to-date transponders listed. And it seems there is now a way to add new or edit existing satellites. This one change is a nice improvement.

Reactions: norman881
Hello Gents
I am not very familiar on how to install these TNAP images, I am assuming this image TNAP 4.0 is for edision OS-Mio 4k plus? I also want to know if I can uploaded to any multiboot slat, and it does not have to be on the Flash?
Please let me know if I am correct.
Regards.
Chewie

Downloaded and installed fine here, used the mult-boot version. Somehow though it installed in slot1, no big deal though it works well so I'll likely just leave it there. Set up and scanned all the satellites and set up a favourites list, all good. ONly did a blind-scan on 125 Ku and it worked fine, all the sats and TPs were already there.
Still have to enter the PIDs for the music TP on 103, might have to play a bit I can't remember how just off-hand. Did it before I'm sure I can do it again.. :)
Merry Christmas all!

The time issue doesn't seem to be fixed since a recording was cut off in the middle of the program.

Here’s why I hate to upgrade when what I have works. It took me over a half hour to complete the install. I did it mainly because YouTube quit streaming on 3.0. The flash went quickly using the file on the USB but I didn’t get the “restore” question and I didn’t have to rescan any channels as they were all there. I guess I didn’t do a fresh install yet the information indicates the upgrade happened and YouTube now works.

Here was my main problem. When it rebooted after the upgrade I had no signal on my TV and the MIO displayed “lang”. Since I couldn’t see what to do I rebooted. Lang once again. The next reboot I still had no TV display. After some research I got the idea to use the WebIF and was able to see the screen. I worked my way into the video display option screen where I changed the refresh rate from 50 to 60 and got my picture back. Hope this helps someone else if they have a problem.

If you didn't need to rescan and had screen resolution / refresh problem then you did not perform a fresh install.

Either did an update or had a back-up on the same drive that you had the TNAP 4.0 image on and created some type of a Frankenstein mash-up image. Somehow, the process was done incorrectly.

To install a fresh image, avoiding the refresh /resolution issue and install the new satellite xml, do not have a back-up on the same drive as the new USB image. Installing a fresh image using either a multiboot file or a "force" method for a USB type takes about one minute to complete.

Give me a call if you need assistance with completing the fresh install.

Reactions: clucas
Aha! Live and learn. My USB did have a backup on it. I figure if it didn’t work I can always do it over and it looks like that is what I’ll do. Thanks for the explanation. Thanks, Brian.

I must be one unlucky dude. No one experiences my "hardships". My latest problem is after flashing my wife's osmio4k box with TNAP4 and now I'm having occasional problems with the dish not moving unless I reboot the box. What a hassle.

Aside from that, both boxes running TNAP4 are having trouble blind scanning transponder freqs under 3800. Manual scans find the services just fine.