New to C-Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kshavo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Hello,
I am brand new to C-Band. If fact I am currently researching to buy a C/KU Band system. I know nothing about the subject and as excited as I am to get FTA signals I am scared to death that I am going to get something I don't know how to use and that I will be unhappy with it's performance. I guess one question I have is: Will I get a picture that I will be happy with?

Ken

Cband

I have Skyangel which uses Dish Network equipment.

Ken

C-band analog (non VCII) is uncompressed and has very good PQ, The VCII channels are better than the Dbs dishes but are rapidly vanishing or going digital. I can't comment on 4dtv PQ as I do not have but DVB (FTA) has pretty good picture quality...

CBand

I didn't understand most of what you wrote unfortunatley. I guess my real question, in terms of Picture quality, is "what does it take, in terms of equipment, to get a good picture.? I'm not looking for High definition. I just want to recieve free gospel channels. I saw a $700 device to help "tune in" stations. I was hoping to spend that much on the whole system including instalation.

Ken

CBand

Yes I want christian programming but I need good advice on equipment for cband and glorystar is mainly KU. I called them and it took a long time for them to figure out that I needed cband.

Ken

Ken Welcome to the group
is there a certain channel that you would need a big dish for?

most of us just go out and ask people with an old dish in their yard for it.

you can buy a new one , but cost & shipping isn't going to be cheap ( thats why we like free). there are quite a few channels that you can now get on a ku system ( as mentioned above Glorystar) usually you could get away with a dish they sell that has the ability to mount two lnbs side by side to receive two satellites. i have a couple of each big dishes & small ones .

to receive Gospel Music Channel you would need C-Band (6 foot dish or larger)

are you looking for that or Gospel Music TV? That is on KU Band

CBand

The gospel music channel is the one I want. Glorystar was confused on the 2 channels. I started to order the system they offer then canceled the order 1/2 way through when they realized I needed cband.

Ken

yeah i was looking at the southern gospel ( plays older southern gospel music) also a black gospel channel next to it on g10r. I haven't looked at the on on Galaxy 11 whats it like plays new mainstream videos ?

The gospel music channel is the one I want. Glorystar was confused on the 2 channels. I started to order the system they offer then canceled the order 1/2 way through when they realized I needed cband.

Ken

yep. You would need at least a 6 foot dish then to get that

The Gospel Music Channel looks great to me from the web site. It's the premire gospel video channel. But do I need one of these to tune it in properly?
Super Buddy™ Satellite Meter
getting back to my original question :)

Ken

ok i will lay it out here for you Ken
there are advantages and disadvantages to several things

if all your wanting is that one channel then a stationary dish will work, if your wanting more then. a motorized system is what you will need. with these systems (unlike the DTV & Dish) unless you have stationary dishes for each satellite then the channel changing isn't instant (you have to wait for the dish to move) this tends to be a downside for channel surfers.

what i have is several stationard dishes pointed at satellites plus i have a big dish connected to it and i get several channels (and it feels almost instant)

not unless you think you would need it
most of us just point the dish and use a receiver & tv
some use a signal meter ( a cheaper one) i would like a nice one
but you don't have to have it.

I thought this is the mechanism that locks in the signal. Is it as simple as pointing to the satellite and if your right on then the signal comes in strong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts