New (to me) BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Change

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 2, 2005
Greetings! This weekend I'll be disassembling a 12' Paraclipse mesh dish, doing a bit of reconditioning work on it, and then installing it for my parents.
The mesh is attached to the frame of the dish with wire clips that are just bent around all the ribs...if those turn out to be a pain, I'll just snip them off and replace them with small lengths of bailing wire, or UV-stable zip-ties.
All the nuts and bolts look to be in ok condition, but I can't tell as most have been painted over. I'll likely replace them all with new galvanized hardware.
The dish itself is a faded olive drab with some paint flaking off on the mounting assembly, so I'm going to sandblast everything (with fine sand) and repaint it a neutral grey.

Am I missing anything to disassemble a dish and get it restored to like-new condition?

(oh, and the dish will be used for C and Ku band FTA reception, as well as some experimentation with the NOAAport feed on AMC4)

Hello and WELCOME to SatelliteGuys.US :welcome

I just did much the same thing with my new (to me) BUD, and had no problems. I plan on painting my dish matt black as there are a few chips and paint flaking off. I would suggest marking/ each part if you can as it makes the rebuild much faster. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Pictures would be good : )

The Paraclipse was the strongest and one of the best mesh dishes ever made, though it is a pain to take apart, because of the clips.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)