New to Satellite..Looking to Purchase Complete FTA System..(Need Some Help)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Conchris75

Original poster
Mar 28, 2011
Philadelphia
Im looking to purchase a pretty good top of the line system that can get most FTA Channels out there like vh1 Europe, Showmovies arabia, etc.. Hoping theres a cmplete kit to do this, Im new to the satellite field So I could you some advice..Any help please? Or what equipment I may need and cost? I would greatly appreciate the advice.. Im moving to Philadelphia outside of the city limits next month..

Thanks
Christopher

I don't think any of those channels are visible from Philadelphia. What satellite are they on? Getting anything east of about 30W from here is difficult, and anything east of about 15W you can probably forget about. I'm not even going to calculate where the hard cutoff due to the horizon is, because most satellites that far east don't even beam towards the U.S. anyway.

Christopher, welcome to Satelliteguys!
I would suggest you take a look at lyngsat.com, check the SatTracker thing, and take a look at the satellites listed for North America.
You can then click on each one, to get a sampling of some of the programming on each one. Keep in mind that list is maintained overseas and isn't 100% accurate but gives a good list of the current satellites, some of the programming comes and goes, and of course the pay-tv channels will be scrambled in most cases and not available for purchase by fta hobbyists. Channels you mentioned sound like ones that are only available in Europe or Middle East.....those satellites don't aim a signal to USA, so we couldn't see them anyway. Roughly, from about 30W to 139W is what many of us can see from the continental US.
You can also click on The List, here at satelliteguys, for a listing of programming, link at top of page.

Status
Please reply by conversation.