New version android Dish Remote Access?

steve4810

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
For a little while I swear I had a new version of Dish RA. The controls that appear on the screen while video is playing have always been, as far as I know, 3 buttons. At the top center are first, on the left the 3 horizontal lines. Next, in the middle was a regular triangle play button. Then on the right was the nine squares which let you input a channel number.

Now two days ago while fooling around with it I started watching live and the top menu had 4 options. The left was still 3 lines but next to it was an odd cross. Like a fancy plus sign. Then to the right was the nine boxes for channel number entry. But then there was a fourth choice: MISC.

Pressing MISC brought up 4 small color dots centered on the bottom of the screen. And the right edge was a gray band divided into a left and right arrow buttons. Pressing the 4 color buttons made the right edge arrow control disappear and a gray band on the left edge that said, IIRC, next.

Then after a couple hours when I picked another show from the guide the viewing video window went back to the original 3 button setup.
Now after two days of trying I haven't been able to get that 4 button video screen to show itself again.

Anybody???

Right now the app shows version 1.3.0.19

I have the same software version. I have the three lines, then the forward arrow, then the cross, then the boxes,then misc. That's while watching live. The cross is doing nothing when I press it.
When using my Slingbox app, that same cross brings up navigation arrows on the sides of the screen.

Could that cross be for navigation while recording, could you have been recording when you saw it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)