New VS MAXHD stuck on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmcgee_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Well guys I know I haven't posted or been here in forever however, since I get my locals (plenty in seattle in HD for free and yet I have been wanting more (FREE). I got a VS MAXHD setup and aimed it at AMC 3 I figured PBSHD would be a good starting point for me. I got all that setup good signal did a scan and voila the box reboots itself. I was like um ok. So I wait and nothing. It appears to be stuck in a loop of some sort. I looked on VIEWSAT's site and read around a bit got the same bin (I assume) as what was on there with loader 1.1 and tried to flash it. No dice. I have written VS tech support with no response from them. Anyone here have any ideas? Also what is the best sat out there to get the most HD? Mind you this is more for a hobby (during the rainy months here).

Just so you know, PBS is moving from AMC3 to AMC21 @ 125 west.

...........with loader 1.1 and tried to flash it. No dice.
Does that mean it won't Flash, or Re-Flashing does not change anything?

When Booting:
Try to change channels, get into menu, or the TV / Radio button

Or:
Download the Channel List, remove the PBS Channels and re-load.

Are you doing a full blind scan? If you are, I'd just try scanning one transponder at a time using the channel scan, and see which transponder is causing you the problem. Then e-mail Viewsat, politely, saying that their box freezes on transponder X.

Just as a note though. PBS is moving to AMC 21 at 125W. Same frequencies for the most part. HD is at 12140 V 30000 3/4 FEC.

All of PBS has moved to AMC 21 @ 125°W. :)
Bob

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I will need to get a motor since I dont want to be moving that thing by hand all the time.

To all the rest. A flash doesn't seem to do any good. I can't get into the box at all via a gui. It just reboots during initial bootup. So all the other ideas such as channel changes and blind scans wont help me much. Well at least not yet, not until I can get her to come back up. Thanks for the heads up on the AMC21 info. Also I will state that it does this even without a cable hooked up to it. I thought maybe somethign with that was the issue but that didnt help either :(.

This might also help you, courtesy the eye patch gang and Google (queried "viewsat maxhd reboot loop"):
(1) Create a folder called "USB" On Memory Stick

(2) Download the latest firmware from Viewsat, which will be VIEWSAT_MAXHD-V0105.peg (for example) Be Sure to Extract file, then move to next Step.

(3) Rename the bin file to PFTAHDMSW.peg

(4) Place this file PFTAHDMSW.peg in the USB folder On Memory Stick

(5) Plug the Memory Stick in USB slot on the VSMAXHD.

(6) Turn off from back, wait a minute, then turn it on and it will take and load the file.

This method can be used if your unit is stuck on boot or start.​

This might also help you, courtesy the eye patch gang and Google (queried "viewsat maxhd reboot loop"):
(1) Create a folder called "USB" On Memory Stick

(2) Download the latest firmware from Viewsat, which will be VIEWSAT_MAXHD-V0105.peg (for example) Be Sure to Extract file, then move to next Step.

(3) Rename the bin file to PFTAHDMSW.peg

(4) Place this file PFTAHDMSW.peg in the USB folder On Memory Stick

(5) Plug the Memory Stick in USB slot on the VSMAXHD.

(6) Turn off from back, wait a minute, then turn it on and it will take and load the file.

This method can be used if your unit is stuck on boot or start.​

I tried that as well, via google, I didn't want to say I tried it because of the strong situation here about piracy (something I fully support btw).

You prob thought of the serial port loading also, but in case you didn't, you could try that way.
If that box has a serial port.

Just wanted to update you guys (thanks for all the help and ideas) but Viewsat said they think the box is hosed. The tech said he has seen a few of these boxes where the heatsink was not seated properly and causes a chip to fry. I am sending the box back to be replaced.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts