New Wireless Joey Info!!!

Access point doesn't necessarily need to be hooked up to Hopper directly, and 3 is the limit.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Access point doesn't necessarily need to be hooked up to Hopper directly, and 3 is the limit.

Can the Wireless Joey Access Point be plugged into a Hopper if one of the Hopper's Ethernet port is already in use? All four of my Hoppers have Ethernet plugged into the bottom port. I know both ports have their own MAC IDs.

All you are really doing is tying back onto the network, so I would guess that would work.

OK, thanks, time will tell. I have been in email contact with the owner of dishdepot.com and he says the Wireless Joey will be in his store this weekend.

Can the Wireless Joey Access Point be plugged into a Hopper if one of the Hopper's Ethernet port is already in use? All four of my Hoppers have Ethernet plugged into the bottom port. I know both ports have their own MAC IDs.
That's why Hoppers have two Ethernet ports, the second port is to keep the wireless Joeys separate from the house network to ensure quality of service. The Joey Wireless Access Point probably provides a DHCP server restricted to Joeys. If you connect the wireless Joey's Access Point to your home network and somebody starts an internet download, there may not be enough bandwidth for the Joeys to maintain a steady picture.

A while back, I found that if I connected Joeys to the Hopper over Ethernet, they would not work until I added a router to provide HDCP service.

Last edited:
Looks like the Wireless Joeys are ready for retailers to order on Monday and hopefully will be in stock by Tuesday. Some places may have them in stock as soon as Monday the 9th. They will not be able to be activated on accounts until the 13th though.

Just received mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    886.2 KB · Views: 158
More pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    928.6 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    836.1 KB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    877.1 KB · Views: 218
Even more pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.3 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 179
The last of the pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    709.9 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    701.3 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    638 KB · Views: 211
So that Ethernet port on the Joey allows plugging in a device to piggyback on the Dish wireless signal?

I'm not sure what this port is on the bottom of the Wireless Joey.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 180

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)