Status
Please reply by conversation.

schulmeia

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2010
Mililani, HI
The DTV forum has helped me so much ( and I thank eveyone for their input and insight) to get me established in DTV; I thought I would share my experiencies with those that are getiing started - just like me.

First you convinced me that DTV was reliable (both equipment and service) compared with cable (which I currently have). . Additionally, you indicated that DTV gave you much more programming for less than cable. I researched this and found that for half the cost of Time Warner, I am getting double the HD channels.

Reading through the previous forum threads I found that there was a deal if you ordered through Costco. As several of you suggested I cancelled my original DTV order and reordered thru Cosco. The incentives offered by Cosco (above that if ordered directly thru DTV) included $100 discount on my second HDDVR, $10 cash back for 5 Months ($50) and a $180 Costco cash card-for a total savings of $330.

I contacted the Direct TV installer in my area who performed a field check this past Monday to ensure the environment at my location would permit system installation. It checked out OK. Through Direct TV Home services in Honolulu(Installer in my area) I confirmed both the HDDRV's I ordered were the 24 series DVRs. Additionally they commited to install my sytem this Thursday (9/2/2010). Now that is what I call good service!

So far my experience wit DTV has be great. Will followup this Newbie diary after the install and 6 months or so after the install. I hope this will help anyone else that is new to the game in making their decisions about DTV.

:up:up glad to hear it, let us know how the install goes. Make sure you follow him enough to ask any questions you may have and just verify he does a good job, dont hang over his shoulder though just be thorough

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts