Newbie looking for Galaxy 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One last question, my original intent was to find some FTA Russian language programming - so far, haven't found any out there. Anyone know if I can, and how to subscribe to RTR Planeta, etc., with my FTA receiver?

You might also try Tele Culture channel on G19, they have programs in several different languages. 12177 Vertical 23000 SR

Vertical channels, but not Horizontal ones....?

thanks,

Tele Culture is one of the channels I am getting pretty well.

Someone mentioned that I try to see if there is any difference between the H and the V channels - and yes there does seem to be. I haven't checked everyone of the 300+ channels, but I have noticed that (so far) all the channels I have a picture/sound for are the Vertical ones. For example 12578 22002 V comes in at S78 and Q54 with a beautiful pic and sound, a lot of the channels on that TP come in great. (At the same time 12388 22002 V comes in at over 80 in strength - but 0 Quality)

I have noticed that I don't seem to have any channels on the horizontal side, even though I can get the same high Strength numbers (80) I have never gotten any picture from Al Jazeera English and some other channels like Russia Today that should be broadcasting much of the time. All the channels on 12644 20002 H are 'dark' for instance.

I have an inexpensive inclinometer from eBay coming in the next few days, so that should help me make sure my Elevation is correct. Is there anything in the lack of H channels that makes it more likely I have a Elevation or an Azimuth problem?

Thanks again for all the responses - it's nice to have some ideas to go by,

Jeff

That seems very odd that you are getting only the vertical side and not the horizontal. The Invacom quad should get both just fine. There are LNB's that are "stacked" where that would happen (the V side comes in but not the H) but the INvacom quad is not one of them

In the settings on the receiver is there a setting that says 13v/18v/both or something of the nature?

I now know from 1st hand that the 1.2m dish the gap between satellites is much larger than a regular dish. I was working on the 1.2m dish I have and to move from one satellite to another is a 1 1/2" gap if you are using the LNB as a standard

is there a setting that says 13v/18v/both or something of the nature?

No, nothing like that, just the 22khz - that I have turned off.

I am just back from a week away and will be seeing if I can get these other channels to come in, so I'll most likely be posting again soon!

thanks,

jeff

9 years later.........

I’m having the same problem. Yesterday, I wanted to move my dish since it was in the middle of the sidewalk I moved it to my chimney. I checked my Q near the chimney and it was 33%. I moved back to its original spot and I got nothing at all on Galaxy 19. So, I spent 30 minutes looking for G19 but I didn’t get anything. I moved it it back to the chimney, decided to try Galaxy 3C and got 67% Q. My receiver won’t pick it G19 at all. Is it the trees? I have no clue what’s the problem.

Image1520732963.735218.jpg
IMG_4382.JPG

(The second picture is the best picture I could find of the trees. Will take more tomorrow)

9 years later.........

I’m having the same problem. Yesterday, I wanted to move my dish since it was in the middle of the sidewalk I moved it to my chimney. I checked my Q near the chimney and it was 33%. I moved back to its original spot and I got nothing at all on Galaxy 19. So, I spent 30 minutes looking for G19 but I didn’t get anything. I moved it it back to the chimney, decided to try Galaxy 3C and got 67% Q. My receiver won’t pick it G19 at all. Is it the trees? I have no clue what’s the problem.

View attachment 131797View attachment 131798
(The second picture is the best picture I could find of the trees. Will take more tomorrow)

A little off topic, but where did you get your portable rig? I need one. I have the cinder blocks already but my foot and mast are mounted to a wooden board and I need to replace it before it rots

Reactions: Phalaenopsis
Can be hard to go by pictures as there are to many variables(camera angle, etc).
...but sometimes they can help. However, showing pictures looking at the dish is not going to help. ;)
You need to stand behind the dish and try to capture the same area the dish is pointing.

I think it's normal that you get lower signal quality on 97W compared to 95W - it's like that for me too.

This said, you should still be getting 97W loud and clear, I even get it with a 50cm Dish500. if you move west from 95W, are you able to get anything at all? 99w is usually very strong. Also if you lower the elevation by 1-2 degrees, you should be able to get 103W, at least the NHK/RT transponder - that one is very strong.

can you take a picture from right behind the dish, looking toward 97W so that we can check for obstructions such as tree branches?

Reactions: Phalaenopsis
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)