Newbie looking for Galaxy 19

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I had 33% quality on G19 from this location Friday. All day today and yesterday I couldn’t get any Q readings on G19. 73% Q on CCTV. I’ll take more pictures tomorrow. Could a tree really block a sat two degrees away?

Well, I had 33% quality on G19 from this location Friday. All day today and yesterday I couldn’t get any Q readings on G19. 73% Q on CCTV. I’ll take more pictures tomorrow. Could a tree really block a sat two degrees away?

I’ll try 99w tomorrow

Can you move the dish to a location completely clear for the southern sky? That's what I did earlier today to find the satellite I was looking for.

My neighbors have huge monster trees blocking the southern sky. Before FTA, I liked them. Now I hate them. The augmented reality app showed me that I have a clear view, but I don’t trust them at all.

Image1520817632.075257.jpg

No, I don’t know what it is. I’ll take more pics tomorrow but I find it peculiar that I had 30%Q in the exact same place but now I can’t get anything.
Do you have a meter? If so, check your coax for continuity, a short or loose F connector or just try a new piece of coax if you can't test it. I recently lost signal on a long stretch of coax (about 120 ft). Found out the cable sheath had cracked and moisture was getting inside. Cut out the bad section and put a temporary patch in until Spring and I was back in business. Also double-check settings in your receiver (lnb power on, lo frequency correct, etc) and lnb skew. Probably something very simple. :)

Reactions: Phalaenopsis
Do you have a meter? If so, check your coax for continuity, a short or loose F connector or just try a new piece of coax if you can't test it. I recently lost signal on a long stretch of coax (about 120 ft). Found out the cable sheath had cracked and moisture was getting inside. Cut out the bad section and put a temporary patch in until Spring and I was back in business. Also double-check settings in your receiver (lnb power on, lo frequency correct, etc). Probably something very simple. :)

Everything’s working because I’m watching galaxy 3c with 73%Q

Everything’s working because I’m watching galaxy 3c with 73%Q
Glad you are getting 95W. :thumbup Just suggested checking settings because most receivers require each satellite to be set up individually (ie: lnb power can be turned off for one satellite while left on for another, each satellite can be assigned a different lo frequency, etc). Often when going through the menus a setting gets changed accidentally for one sat while the other sats remain correct and function properly. :)

Glad you are getting 95W. :thumbup Just suggested checking settings because most receivers require each satellite to be set up individually (ie: lnb power can be turned off for one satellite while left on for another, each satellite can be assigned a different lo frequency, etc). Often when going through the menus a setting gets changed accidentally for one sat while the other sats remain correct and function properly. :)

I don’t want 95w I want 97w but I can’t get it

I know, just saying I'm glad you're getting 95W because that means your lnbf, receiver and coax are functioning properly. Given that, if you have rechecked your receiver settings for 97W and re-skewed for 97W then, since you were able to get it before, you should be able to aim for it and get it now. Got me stumped as to why it's not coming in for you. :what

Reactions: Horsepower
but 95W is still better than 93W... :)

try moving the dish from 95w to where 97should be (move west it just enough to lose 95W, don't touch the elevation or just a fraction of a degree down). Do not change any setting on the receiver (don't change it to 97W, stay on 95W, and do a blind scan right there, with the receiver set to 95W but the dish aiming for 97W. Is it getting anything? is the blind scan detecting any frequencies, even if it's failing to lock on them? If yes, can you write them down and list them here? (or post pictures of the frequencies detected during the blindscan?

95W is usually strong enough and close enough that with a small dish (less than 1 meter), you 'll often start getting 97W before you completely lose 95W and vice versa.

Now, with a 90cm dish (if I remember correctly what you said you were using), if you have any branches in the way, that could be enough to cause problems. For example, from my deck, I can get 123W fine, and it's nearly impossible to get 125W because of the top of my neighbor's trees get in the way.

but 95W is still better than 93W... :)

try moving the dish from 95w to where 97should be (move west it just enough to lose 95W, don't touch the elevation or just a fraction of a degree down). Do not change any setting on the receiver (don't change it to 97W, stay on 95W, and do a blind scan right there, with the receiver set to 95W but the dish aiming for 97W. Is it getting anything? is the blind scan detecting any frequencies, even if it's failing to lock on them? If yes, can you write them down and list them here? (or post pictures of the frequencies detected during the blindscan?

95W is usually strong enough and close enough that with a small dish (less than 1 meter), you 'll often start getting 97W before you completely lose 95W and vice versa.

Now, with a 90cm dish (if I remember correctly what you said you were using), if you have any branches in the way, that could be enough to cause problems. For example, from my deck, I can get 123W fine, and it's nearly impossible to get 125W because of the top of my neighbor's trees get in the way.

I have a 76cm wineguard dish and a amiko mini hd re.

Would It be better to try it on a dish Network 1000 dish?
I would expect it to be about the same, but probably a bit better on the 76cm Winegard (but i'm not sure what size the DN1000 is exactly).

The Amiko that you have (I have the same) is very good at telling you about frequencies it's detecting, even if too weak to lock on them. If it's seeing some signals on 97W but they are too weak to lock, it should list a bunch of frequencies with (for most of them) Signal Rates in the 20000-22500 range, first on Horizontal, then on Vertical. The frequencies should be between 11700 and 12200. if it's not seeing any of that when it's slightly west of 95W, then there's something else going on... Like I said earlier, 97W is not as powerful as 95W, but still, a 76cm should be largely sufficient.

Also, try from various spots in the backyard. One last thing... take those satellite locator apps on the phone with a big grain of salt. In my experience they are good for elevation, but were terribly inaccurate for the azimuth. That's because the phone is great at detecting your coordinates but not nearly as good at locating the north. See if where the app shows Galaxy 3C (95W) matches the pointing of your dish when you get 95W.

I didn’t have time to align today but I took some pictures. Are my receiver settings correct for 97w?
Image1521065383.870655.jpg
IMG_4450.JPG

Attachments

• Image1521065419.868160.jpg
    Image1521065419.868160.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: danristheman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts