newbie needs help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeff4242

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
i got a 90cm geosatpro with the geosatpro ul1-bullet universal lnbf and can not hit anything just wanna know does it matter that i have a cw700s and that the dish is almost on the ground ,,,, i am trying to get 123 10r i have no motor yet,, i wanna know about the lnb do you start with the rg6 cable at the buttom and turn it 43.9 clock wise

True Azimuth: 237.14 now what one do i use
Magn. Azimuth: 243.41 or this one

North Latitude: 34.4158
West Longitude: 81.8106

i got a 90cm geosatpro with the geosatpro ul1-bullet universal lnbf and can not hit anything just wanna know does it matter that i have a cw700s and that the dish is almost on the ground ,,,, i am trying to get 123 10r i have no motor yet,, i wanna know about the lnb do you start with the rg6 cable at the buttom and turn it 43.9 clock wise

First of all welcome to the Satellite Guys! Be sure to read all the stickies on site rules in the FTA section first! :welcome

Let me take a stab at your problem

Make sure that your STB box has the right settings for your LNB, any switches make sure you have the number correct for the LNB that is seeing the bird you want!

Go to the list here on this site for your angles.
Punch in your zipper code on the Satellite angle calculator on the list site, that will get you where you need to point!

Make sure you use the right one for your setup, stationary or motor! There is a difference!

Magnetic AZ is what you want. Since your a stationary setup see this site for help! Scroll down to statonary installation, follow the directions to a tee using the information from THE LIST on your location!

Set your skew to angle number shown on THE LIST for what satellite your trying to get.

More replys will soon follow if futher help is needed so check back here often today!

Most inportant, make sure you have a clear LOS (line of site) without any tree growth, buildings in the path of the satellite you want to get!

This should get you in the right direction.

Last edited:

Facing the dish - turn the LNB 44° counter-clockwise. I have attached a screen capture from GeoSatFinder.com as a PDF, hope this helps.
Bob

Attachments

• G10.pdf
    50.5 KB · Views: 235
Thanks everyone i hit 123 w and got some weak channels but i will just do some fine tuning

but thanks again to everyone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts