Newbie Requesting Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Hello! I have been reading this forum off and on for the past 6 months. I am wanting to get a FTA system for awhile, and now with the Dish Network mess, I just might get the FTA to play with. I am looking at the following:

It is a Fortec Star Lifetime Classic, with Motor, Dish, misc parts. for $249 from Sadoun. THe price is good (in my opinion) and (in my opinion) the package looks like a decent one. Now for my questions:

Is this a decent set-up?

What type of programming can I expect. The list I have seen seem kinda confusing, as to what exactley is in the clear to receive. THANKS for all your help!

Larry

WOW! That is a lot of feeds! I am impressed! On the "local" stations I see listed, are these like the regular network type stations? As for the Dish mess, it is a real long story, but I have had several "issues" with them, and the recent price increase and fee issues, lack of CSR knowledge and such, I have decided to look elsewhere. I only watch about 3 or 4 shows on tv, so it is starting to get pricey :) Thanks for the reply!

Larry :)

ahh I C...same here. Left Dish after 6 years

The networks that are listed are legit networks that are up 24/7. So other than CBS & NBC, the rest are there :)

We have been with Dish since 1997. We are addicted to the DVR, as it is great to record the shows, then watch them whenever. We watch The Shield on FX, THe Sopranos on HBO and then the other 2 or 3 shows are on network tv. But my 8 year old loves nik and disney, so I am not sure what to do! Spending $100 ish/per month for it all is getting old. I would hate to add up all we have spent over the years :-(. But, here in Iowa it is pretty boring, so having something to watch other than our locals is nice :)

Larry :)

There are a couple PBS channels that have kids shows. I think one is nothing but that (although I could be wrong).

Well it looks like there is alot of interesteing feeds. I know I would like it, but I also like shortwave radio and other "nerdy" things, it is the rest of the family that doesnt :)

That's right Iceberg, AMC-3 has the PBS. Montana PBS is the only one not using AC-3. The all PBS Kids one is AC-3 also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)