Newbie to FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Usually two, one will be a lock nut! You maybe able to remove this bolt, sometimes they are more bother than they are worth! If its to one side it will raise the dish unevenly. I like the ones where the elevation fine tune bolt is right in the middle!

thanks jayelem

yeah that bolt is to one side..if its going to raise the Dish unevenly might not even mess with it and stick with the way I have been doing it.Thanks

When I used to install DirecPC I would remove it, peak in the dish on both polarities, then I would put the bolt back on just for extra support!

Ok one last question for now anyways.I have a DP34 switch I picked up at a Flea market just wondering can it be used as a Diseqc switch.Some say yes and others say no.just want to find out.

thanks

well I fixed that fine tune bolt.I measured exact center drilled a hole.then I took one of those brake caliper cylinder compressor tools thats like a C-clamp but only straight with the flat plate that goes against the cylinder of the calipier and has a big knob you turn.Well anyways I popped the small washer looking thing off the end.unscrewd the plate from the tool.driiled a small hole at an angle for the little nub to sit it.ran the bolt with the knob through the top and then screwed the plate on with a nut behind it placed the little nub in the hole and then mounted the dish so it would have the weight on it.turn the knob counterclockwise raises the dish real smooth up and clockwise lowers it down. works great and it lifts the dish evenly

Now have a question.does the dish reflector part sit straight up and down or do you loosen the pivot bolts on the back and tilt it back a little at an angle for an offset dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts