Newbie with elevation question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

miker32us

Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Hi everyone,

I have just purchased and installed the basic fixed FTA system from Sadoun, Fortec Classic, 31" dish and ULN1. I pointed the dish at Galaxy 25 yesterday and am getting a very weak signal ranging up to 30%. It did manage to load a lot of the middle eastern channels. I have an angle measurement tool but am confused about the actual elevation measurement and where to measure it from. I put a straightedge across the face of the dish and used my angle measuring tool and am not getting the same angular measurement as I get off the compass on the dish support. I have measures the dish mast and it was installed at exactly 0 degrees and when I installed the dish on the mast the dish sits at 0 degrees when the compass says 30 degrees. Is the compass on the dish support correct and not a true angular measurement?

Note that the compass may be effected by the metal in the dish. Once you are getting some channels, therefore you are getting some "signal quality", move your dish in small increments up/down and/or left/right (wait 5-10 secs in between) to see if the signal increases....

Sounds like you are getting some vertical channels, when you get it locked in properly you should get much more signal. Then blind-scan again. Seems like there's nearly 200channels last time I scanned that sat , its loaded up.
You're very close!

Make sure your LNB is aligned with your LNB arm and not skewed. There are about 5 marks on the LNB, center the middle mark with the LNB arm.

Note that the elevation markings on the dish may not be accurate, mine calculated out to 39.5 but ended up at 44 degrees...according to the elevation marks on dish.

Last edited:
Got it lined up thanks!!!!

Thanks for all the help. I adjusted it little by little side to side and up and down 1 tick mark at a time and finally got 60%. I found the compass adjustment on my dish is off my about 3 degrees so I had to set it at 47 instead of 44. Most of the channels on Galaxy 25 are middle east but I did get 2 good Chinese channels. I am still unable to get anything off TP H-12122. Can anyone else get the 6 channels off that TP?

That's good news. I answered in your other thread about 12122H. Seems like your dish should get those, I'm getting them very well with a 1m primestar dish.

Yes the LNB is set to UNIVERSAL. After adjusting the aim I am up to 60% and I have all of the channels from the other TP's on that satellite, just not from 12122.

Quality on :

12122 is 66 on MACTV (12120/H/20000, VideoPID 911, AudioPID 912, SID 9)
11966 is 60 on RussaToday (11966/H/22000, VideoPID 7001, AudioPID 7002, SID 1)

full scan picks up 12122

Last night before I did a full scan of all the free and pay channels on IA5 and managed to pick up all channels on this TP in cluding Mac TV. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)