Newbie with Pansat 2500a problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cowman1

Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
I purchased a Pansat 2500a receiver and a network tv dish with dual LNB. Could not get to work, so thought I had to set it back to factory settings after messing with it for a while. When I did I get a bunch of saitillets showing insted of just the echo 110 and 119. After working with it I found echo 7 and scanned for channels. It came up with them. Have a good siginal at 87% and quality at 94%. All the channels say scrambled or bad channel. The radio channels work. Did I do wrong in setting back to the factory settings? Help. I don't know what I am doing.

cowman1 said:
I purchased a Pansat 2500a receiver and a network tv dish with dual LNB. Could not get to work, so thought I had to set it back to factory settings after messing with it for a while. When I did I get a bunch of saitillets showing insted of just the echo 110 and 119. After working with it I found echo 7 and scanned for channels. It came up with them. Have a good siginal at 87% and quality at 94%. All the channels say scrambled or bad channel. The radio channels work. Did I do wrong in setting back to the factory settings? Help. I don't know what I am doing.

what do you mean by a network TV dish? Dish must be 30" or larger for FTA. If the dish is smaller, all you can legally get is the audio channels.

If your trying to get more than the audio channels on Dish, that kind of talk isn't allowed here. :)

Iceberg said:
If your trying to get more than the audio channels on Dish, that kind of talk isn't allowed here. :)

maybe he wants to watch the compelling saga of "congratulations, you have a dish 500 system" ;)

GutBomb said:
maybe he wants to watch the compelling saga of "congratulations, you have a dish 500 system" ;)

or the PPV preview channel or Sports preview channel

but nothing beats the "Congrats..you have a Dish 500 system" :D

Iceberg said:
what do you mean by a network TV dish? Dish must be 30" or larger for FTA. If the dish is smaller, all you can legally get is the audio channels.

Am I in the free to air section. You say that kind of talk is not allowed here. I understand that the free to air receiver is legal. It is suppose to receive echo 110 and 119. Am I wrong, and the people who are selling these wrong?_|_I am using a home network TV dish, that I believe is 30". Although they tell me the direct TV dish would also work. Apparently I am in the wrong section or wrong place and my apology for taking up your time.

Free to air is legal. there are hundreds of channels legally in the clear, however if you are getting regular cable channels like TNT and Fox sports, and other channels like that from the Echostar satellites, the reciever you have has been hacked. those channels are normally scrambled and should not be viewable without a hacked receiver. This forum is for people who use the LEGAL free stuff like the international channels available on telstar 5, or raw live news/sports feeds. Now you may have bought your pansat 2500A which is not inherently illegal, but if you are getting regular dish network channels on it, it was illegally hacked before it came into your posession, and using it to watch channels you don't pay for is illegal. not a gray area... black and white 100% signal theft.

Is there any website where one could get all the important info insead this place full of a bunch of idiots explaining what is legal and what is not?. All we want is to get those f**king 110 and 119 channels.

Where is a moderator when you need one, its like waiting for a bus, nothing comes then two come at the same time! Hope the above members details are sent right to Dishnetwork! When they come knocking the door he will see who is the idiot is : ) I REALLY hope Scott follows through on the above member, all the way!

Stop the political rants!!!! I will not lower myself to Bush-Bashing. Keep the politics out of these forums, please, its almost as irritating as people asking how to hack their satellites for Dishnetwork, DirecTV or VOOM.

Just my 2 cents.

greyskies in Sunny South Florida.

sarlanga said:
Is there any website where one could get all the important info insead this place full of a bunch of idiots explaining what is legal and what is not?. All we want is to get those f**king 110 and 119 channels.

Right here...there are plenty of us that have the right info....

Since you are a hacker, we refuse to help.

Whoops.

I screwed up. :)

Cascade did not post hacking information, if I would have actually clicked on the links I would have been taken to the Dish Network homepage and programming page.

Cascade has been restored with all privilidges and my appologies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)