Nexus 2

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
The blogosphere is full of rumors of the Nexus Two being announced by Samsung, apparently on November 8th.

Can't wait to see what specs this baby has. The big questions is whether Big Red will carry it. That would be a very nice thing to see.... that and an unlocked bootloader, with nothing but gingerbread goodness and not bloat.

Interesting times we live in.... while I am so tempted to use my one year upgrade on a DX, my brain is saying to be patient grasshopper -- there will be good things for those who wait. :)

i read it was to announce the galaxy s2

Samsung Galaxy S2
4.3 inch SAMOLED2 display
2 GHz CPU
1 GB of RAM
4 GB ROM
microSD card slot up to 32 GB
8 mega pixel camera
Bluetoogh 3.0
WiFi
A-GPS and accelerometer

Samsung Galaxy S2
2 GHz CPU
1 GB of RAM
4 GB ROM
8 mega pixel camera
Bluetoogh 3.0
WiFi
A-GPS and accelerometer

Now those are the specs I am holding out for... :hungry: :)

It would be quite an 180 degree turn if Nexus Two ever saw the light of day. But with Google this could happen, I believe...
Nexus Two does (or doesn't) exist, is (or isn't) being released this year -- Engadget

Specs are definitely mouth watering...:)

Could mean those are the minimum specs for Honeycomb (or Ice Cream).
Official support for 3 generations of the Android OS would be reasonable:
Nexus One: came out with Eclair, upgradeable to Froyo and Gingerbread.
Nexus Two: came out with Gingerbread, upgradeable to Honeycomb and Ice Cream.

I just suspect it will be Europe-only affair (if at all).
Despite what Schmidt says it were the carriers that made them quit selling N1 in North America.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this whole rumor is misplaced and it is a Google tablet that was expected by Black Friday.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/compute...0-google-tablet-has-rumored-release-date.html

Diogen.

Last edited:

Samsung Galaxy S2
2 GHz CPU
1 GB of RAM
4 GB ROM
8 mega pixel camera
Bluetoogh 3.0
WiFi
A-GPS and accelerometer

Those specs are speculation and probably won't even be that accurate.
Samsung doesn't Fab out a 4.3' display.

Here is what the mockup looks like...

500x_gizmodo_nexustwo-1.jpg

Hands on the Nexus Two by Samsung

A Galaxy S variant from this report, no spec details.

The front shape looks exactly like an iPhone, only Samsung can get away with this...:)

Diogen.

It looks like the rumour is based on the fact that Samsung has a press event scheduled for that day
Is Samsung About to Unveil a Google Nexus Two? | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
Whether the rumors around Nexus Two are true or not, one thing is clear. There is a press event for that date and Samsung does plan to introduce a new Android device then. “We’re not commenting on the rumors and speculation,” says a Google spokesperson.
But the idea sounds plausible even if only to kick-start Gingerbread.
Google does need a vehicle to showcase the new OS and Nexus Two - even if only for six months or so, just like N1 - would be one way to do this...

There is not much hope that other manufacturers/carriers will rush to Gingerbread: Sony's X10 starts getting Android 2.1 (!!) this weekend...
Android 2.1 starts rolling out to Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 line this weekend -- Engadget

Diogen.

The blogosphere is full of rumors of the Nexus Two being announced by Samsung, apparently on November 8th.

Can't wait to see what specs this baby has. The big questions is whether Big Red will carry it. That would be a very nice thing to see.... that and an unlocked bootloader, with nothing but gingerbread goodness and not bloat.

Interesting times we live in.... while I am so tempted to use my one year upgrade on a DX, my brain is saying to be patient grasshopper -- there will be good things for those who wait. :)

Very unlikely Verizon will get it. Quotes from Google Senior executive says they still feel there is a marked for Unlocked phones. Verizon is not friend to Unlocked phones with CDMA and it appears no SIM card LTE. Likely T-Mo or At&T is more likely.

Very unlikely Verizon will get it. Quotes from Google Senior executive says they still feel there is a marked for Unlocked phones. Verizon is not friend to Unlocked phones with CDMA and it appears no SIM card LTE. Likely T-Mo or At&T is more likely.

Agreed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)