NFL 2008-09 Season

Patriots lost safety Tank Williams for the season when he suffered a severe knee injury on Thursday night. Damn exhibition games!! :mad:

THIS is why I am not fond of pre-season games.

This is also exactly why Moss, Brady, and Welker aren't playing in them.

They are not playing in any of them ???

That would be a huge mistake.

I like to see the rookies play and get an idea of how they do in the early stages of thier NFL career.

Jimbo

THIS is why I am not fond of pre-season games.

This is also exactly why Moss, Brady, and Welker aren't playing in them.

I think Brady plays the first half of the third preseason game vs. the Eagles...........and that's it!!! We won't see him again until Sept. 7 at 1 pm ET vs. the Chiefs. ;)

8:00pm ET

Cincinnati @ Green Bay (ESPN)

BTW, no games scheduled for today 8/10/08

Hooray! It's about time we joined the party.

And you'd better believe I will have the sound turned down on the TV and the Bengals radio network on. No ESPN yapping about you-know-who for me.

Hooray! It's about time we joined the party.

And you'd better believe I will have the sound turned down on the TV and the Bengals radio network on. No ESPN yapping about you-know-who for me.

Brainfry,
what's wrong with ESPN talking up Carson Palmer? ;):D

Aha, you sly devil! Let me rephrase that just in case I was, er, misinterpreted:

"I won't have to listen to ESPN yapping about you-know-who." :D

Could you please give me the Bengal radio network link. I too would like to save myself from the ESPN lovefest. :D

Could you please give me the Bengal radio network link. I too would like to save myself from the ESPN lovefest. :D

I think you have to pay for the NFL Audio package or have Sirius satellite radio. I tried a link to one of their radio stations, and it was blacked out.

I listened to it on the radio. We were laughing because we knew from the TV picture what the blowhards on ESPN were talking about.

Adam (aka Pacman) Jones is mailing a letter to Roger Goodell on Thusday requesting full reinstatement.

This should be the best SB halftime show since U2:

Report: Boss to play halftime show at Super Bowl

The next Super Bowl is really going to rock.
Last Year, Tom Petty rocked the halftime crowd at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. But Super Bowl XLIII on Feb. 1 in Tampa will feature Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, sources said.

"He was just confirmed," a spy added. "Little Stevie (Van Zandt) has already rented out the Hard Rock Café for a party."
A Boss rep didn't return calls or e-mails.

:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha OMG, This is priceless:

JOHNSON WANTS TO BE OCHO CINCO, LEGALLY

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 12, 2008, 7:24 p.m. EDT

Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson was fined $5,000 for wearing “Ocho Cinco” on the back of his jersey before a game in 2006.
To avoid getting fined, Johnson hasn’t done it since then. But Johnson now has a plan for how he can get away with having “Ocho Cinco” spelled out over the “85? on his back.
We’ve learned that Johnson has taken the first steps in the state of Florida toward legally changing his last name to Ocho Cinco.
Seriously.
If Johnson follows through on this, his actual, legal name will be Chad Ocho Cinco, and the NFL would then (we assume) allow him to put his new last name on the back of his jersey.
From a business standpoint, this might be Chad’s way of picking up some of the extra cash that he wants to make but that the team has said it won’t give him. The jersey would instantly become one of the NFL’s top sellers, and NFL players get a cut of all sales of their jerseys.
In recent interviews, including one on ESPN Monday night, Johnson has made veiled references about future plans that he has said will change the way fans think about him. This is a strange one, to say the least.

:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha OMG, This is priceless:

JOHNSON WANTS TO BE OCHO CINCO, LEGALLY

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 12, 2008, 7:24 p.m. EDT

Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson was fined $5,000 for wearing “Ocho Cinco” on the back of his jersey before a game in 2006.
To avoid getting fined, Johnson hasn’t done it since then. But Johnson now has a plan for how he can get away with having “Ocho Cinco” spelled out over the “85? on his back.
We’ve learned that Johnson has taken the first steps in the state of Florida toward legally changing his last name to Ocho Cinco.
Seriously.
If Johnson follows through on this, his actual, legal name will be Chad Ocho Cinco, and the NFL would then (we assume) allow him to put his new last name on the back of his jersey.
From a business standpoint, this might be Chad’s way of picking up some of the extra cash that he wants to make but that the team has said it won’t give him. The jersey would instantly become one of the NFL’s top sellers, and NFL players get a cut of all sales of their jerseys.
In recent interviews, including one on ESPN Monday night, Johnson has made veiled references about future plans that he has said will change the way fans think about him. This is a strange one, to say the least.

I LOVE it.

85 is gunna tear it up this season.

Dallas V Cinci superbowl!

Anyone want to make their SB predictions?

I'll give it a shot:

Cowboys-Chargers (Not a HUGE fan of either team, BTW- I like the talent on each side)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts