NFL 2009-10 Season

Rudi will find work, the real question is if those who still wear the Lions uniform will do any.

He's not a great RB, but he's certainly not bad. Hard to judge a RB getting less than 6 carries a game on a team that is more often that not behind.

49ers added Takeo Spikes officially yesterday, and signed Damon Huard today.

Looks like Shawn Springs has chosen New England over Philly.

I said last year that the Lions had at least 20 players that would not, and should not, be in the NFL, if it weren't for the Lions. Rudi Johnson was one of them. Take that to the bank.

Same Rey....

He is VERY good and I HATED to see both him AND Jake Grove leave. Those were good, stable players. Gibril leaving was not a surprise because he had some loyalty to that fat tub of Goo, Rob Ryan....I am assuming that the Browns were strong and happy at that position, and therefore did not go after him. Grove leaving was a surprise because he and Cable got along well.

thanks for the response :up

You really want Williams ?
Are you sure that you yourself couldn't cover better ?

Jimbo

He may have lost a step in covering the deep ball, but Williams is still a beast in his run stopping abilities. He's a great open field tackler, just as long as the guy he's chasing isn't behind him already.

Rams release Orlando Pace

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968328"]St. Louis Rams release offensive tackle Orlando Pace - ESPN[/ame]

Patriots agree to terms with CB Leigh Bodden.

Patriots agree to terms with Leigh Bodden - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Bill, he was a very formidable CB when he was with the Browns prior to the '08 season. Last year, he was traded to the Lions for Shaun Rodgers and wasn't anything special in Detroit, but I don't think that was an accurate assessment of his abilities. Bill Belicheck must know something. At 27, I think he still has plenty left in the tank. Congrats on a great signing.

Patriots agree to terms with CB Leigh Bodden.

Patriots agree to terms with Leigh Bodden - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Bill, he was a very formidable CB when he was with the Browns prior to the '08 season. Last year, he was traded to the Lions for Shaun Rodgers and wasn't anything special in Detroit, but I don't think that was an accurate assessment of his abilities. Bill Belicheck must know something. At 27, I think he still has plenty left in the tank. Congrats on a great signing.

Wow, thanks.

They added Shawn Springs also earlier in the week. They REALLY needed to address the secondary, and it looks like they've taken a couple of huge steps to that goal.

It'll be interesting to see if the Raiders D suffers without the "Tub-O Goo" this year....

I can't wait to see what he has in store for my Browns.

IF they do, it won't be because of him. He had talent, and he could coach a mean game about 3 1/2 quarters...then crunch time came around and he would make some HUGE judgement calls that would kill them in the end. There is NO DOUBT that the strongest point of the Raiders team WAS the defense. But with a right decision here and there (Bills game, Dolphins game, KC game come to mind)...the Raiders could have easily been 8-8.

...but as I always say, ..."shoulda, coulda, woulda...and if my aunt had...."

Ah hell, you guys know the rest.....;)

IF they do, it won't be because of him. He had talent, and he could coach a mean game about 3 1/2 quarters...then crunch time came around and he would make some HUGE judgement calls that would kill them in the end. There is NO DOUBT that the strongest point of the Raiders team WAS the defense. But with a right decision here and there (Bills game, Dolphins game, KC game come to mind)...the Raiders could have easily been 8-8.

...but as I always say, ..."shoulda, coulda, woulda...and if my aunt had...."

Ah hell, you guys know the rest.....;)

I wonder if he was overruled by the HC when it came to the close games you note at the end of the 4th? If not, hopefully he's learned his lesson.

Rob Ryan does come from a very astute Defensive minded football family. The genes are there.

His dad was the legendary D-Coordinator, Buddy Ryan and coached on 3 different Super Bowl teams. His brother is Rex Ryan who was the Ravens D-Coordinator from 1999 until he was recently signed by the Jets.

NCAA proposes tough taunting, concussion rules

Is it possible to watch MLB.TV on a TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)