NFL 2009-10 Season

PS, since you were off in paradise with your newly found love, I'll update you. Jim Caldwell and Marvin Lewis had more to do with the Jets making the playoffs than Braylon freaking Edwards. Harumph!!!

OK, I am not armed with a bit more information than I was yesterday...whenI was still trying to adjust to 20 degree temps again!

When first reading the posts here I thought perhaps the Colts had a two touchdown lead on the Jets when they pulled their starters, and the Jets roared back. But the reality is...not quite.

Apparently Jim Caldwell's team, at full strength for two and a half quarters, was beating the Jets by a whopping 15-10 score when Mr. Caldwell decided to pull his starters. Hmmmm...the Cleveland/Cuba guys left that out of their posts. :rolleyes:

Anyone who guarantees the Colts would have beaten the Jets had Peyton stayed in, would also have guaranteed the Steelers would beat the Raiders, the Saints would beat the Cowboys (and the Bucs), etc.

Botton line...when it's 15-10 halfway through the third quarter, you never know, especially when playing against the number one defense in the NFL. That has been proven time and time again in this league.

As for the Bengals...time will tell on this one. If the Bengals crush the Jets on Saturday I will not make excuses, I'll do the un-Cleveland thing and come here and say Lewis and the Bengals obviously were playing possum in week 17.

Maybe they were...but maybe they weren't. ;)

Sandra

Cribbs Goes to Bat for Mangini

Seriously, I can't help but think about the movie Hoosiers when I think about the current situation with Mangini.

In Hoosiers, Gene Hackman's character starts out and does some things that are perceived as outrageous. He asks players to leave who aren't going to give 100%. He won't let them shoot in the early practices. He breaks them down to fundamentals.

The early results are terrible to the outside viewer. So terrible that they think he is a clown and want him fired. Over time however, and when his best player decides to play, the results are amazing.

It feels a little bit like that with Mangini. He got rid of the malconents in Winslow and Edwards. He focused on fundamentals; reducing penalties, preperation, etc.

The early results are awful. In fact, through the first 2/3 of the season, people thought this would be the worst Browns team of all time. It was beyond dismal.

Then things changed in December. First of all, the players started to execute. His best player, Jerome Harrison, stepped up at the end of the season (after finally buying into practice and preperation) and suddenly the results have been great.

For the first time since the return, I feel like the team has an identity and a gameplan.

I hope that like "Hoosiers", the players and fans stand up for Mangini and it builds toward something greater.

Remember when I compared the Mangini situation to Hoosiers? Well, out best player spoke out to try and save the coach. Very eerily similar to the movie...

“I believe coach Mangini should be our coach again,” Josh Cribbs posted on his Twitter page.

Cribbs goes to bat for Mangini | ProFootballTalk.com

Didn't watch the last two games, but Braylon Edwards did make the playoffs!!! ;)

Sandra
Did you hear Braylon when introduced in Sunday night's game ?
Made his thought on Michigan pretty clear ;)

He introduced himself as "Braylon Edwards from Lloyd Carrs Michigan Wolverines"

I loved it. :)

Carolina is still in the mix.
Is the Carolina position available ?
Is Fox gone now ?

I think IF Carolina is planning to get rid of Fox they better do it soon, I really think Cowher would rather be in Carolina.

No word on Fox. His team played well down the stretch, so I'd be surprised if he got fired.

As for Cowher in Carolina, the only correlation there is that he has a house in North Carolina. Other than that, he's free to go where ever.

Comeback Player of the Year - Tom Brady.

Tom Brady received 19 votes from the 50-member media panel.

Williams, who overcame a serious injury of his own to play all 16 games and rush for 821 yards, came in second with 14 votes.

Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young was third, with seven votes. Cincinnati Bengals running back Cedric Benson and Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre tied for fourth place, with four votes apiece.

New Orleans Saints defensive lineman Anthony Hargrove and Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer got one vote each.

Besides the Browns, only one other team in NFL history won their final 4 games after starting 1-11. The team, you ask? The 1993 New England Patriots coached by Bill Parcells. They made the playoffs the following year.

And the Dolphins went 11-5 LAST YEAR and didn't win 8 games this year. The Cleveland Browns are still in the same category as the Raiders....ain't good enough to be a middle of the road team. Sorry....but that is a fact.

BUT, the NFL IS the league where can go from last place to 1st place quickly(ALSO see the Dolphins) and faster than any other professional league.

Always be a fan....but be a REALISTIC one....you will always be hungry for improvement on your team and your heart does not get broken as badly....;)

Jamarcus Russell Misses Meeting, Not Vegas

Just heard on Sirius NFL that Jamarcus Russell was absent from the Raiders final year-end meeting. A day later, he was seen in Vegas.

This guy just doesn't get it. A QB is supposed to be a leader on the team. Set by example. I think the Raiders should cut his ass right now and cut their losses. What a clown!

JAMARCUS RUSSELL MISSES TEAM MEETING, NOT VEGAS Raider Beat

Just heard on Sirius NFL that Jamarcus Russell was absent from the Raiders final year-end meeting. A day later, he was seen in Vegas.

This guy just doesn't get it. A QB is supposed to be a leader on the team. Set by example. I think the Raiders should cut his ass right now and cut their losses. What a clown!

JAMARCUS RUSSELL MISSES TEAM MEETING, NOT VEGAS Raider Beat

GOD OH MIGHTY....I cannot believe I am about to do this but....(defending him)

Embattled Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell was one of only two players excused from a year-end team meeting with coach Tom Cable.

Now.....like the story says, he KNEW this meeting was coming...but he has THE worst timing of any athlete I have ever seen.

....time to cut our losses and dump his a$$!

GOD OH MIGHTY....I cannot believe I am about to do this but....(defending him)

Now.....like the story says, he KNEW this meeting was coming...but he has THE worst timing of any athlete I have ever seen.

....time to cut our losses and dump his a$$!

1. Other than a death in the family, there should be no excuse. He was supposed to be the team's franchise player. Instead of being a leader, his actions make is seems like he could care less about the team.

2. It "looks like" whatever excuse he gave was false since he was seen living it up in Vegas.

3. I agree. You guys should dump his a$$. :)

1. Other than a death in the family, there should be no excuse. He was supposed to be the team's franchise player. Instead of being a leader, his actions make is seems like he could care less about the team.

He was excused by the coach. This not that big an issue because he asked the coach in advance and Cable said yes. I DO agree he is the franchise player and must lead by example.

2. It "looks like" whatever excuse he gave was false since he was seen living it up in Vegas.

No because his excuse was for THAT day. The day after the excused meeting have NOTHING to do with it.

3. I agree. You guys should dump his a$$. :)

You will get no argument from me on the last one.:up

No word on Fox. His team played well down the stretch, so I'd be surprised if he got fired.

As for Cowher in Carolina, the only correlation there is that he has a house in North Carolina. Other than that, he's free to go where ever.

Word is Carolina won't pay Cowher's price, so it looks like he'll be back in the studio next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts