NFL 2009-10 Season

Rey

@ your service
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
I would agree with your statement to a certain extent....but NEITHER team has been a push over for the Broncos the last couple of years.

Personally, IF I was the a Denver Broncos fan, I would be pissed. In less than 1 year, your TWO BEST offensive players are gonna be sent packing.....I think the team has gotten WORSE.

shanny must be laughing his ass off! "you wanted me outta there so enjoy!!!" HA!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Yeah, they just named Orton as their QB last week. Oooo. They're pretty lucky to be playing the Chiefs and Raiders twice, but divsional games are almost always hard fought close games in the AFC West.

McDaniels went through all that trouble trying to court Matt Cassel, only to lose him to his former GM, now in KC, Scott Pioli. Now, he's run off a Pro-Bowl QB (Cutler) and it appears he's running off a Pro-Bowl WR in Brandon Marshall.

Nice start McDaniels. :rolleyes: I know it's early to call, but I'm just glad the Browns ended up with Mangini and not McDaniels in this offseason's coaching selection.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
PFT reported a rumor of the Ravens interested, latest rumor is to Cleveland for Josh Cribbs + Picks.

I kinda like Cribbs, would rather not see him as a Bronco.

Hmmm. I've heard nothing of the sort here in Cleveland. I can actually almost tell you with 100% certainty that Brandon Marshall WILL NOT be coming to Cleveland and that rumor is nothing more than a fabricated one.

For 1, Mangini loves Cribbs. His work ethic is second to none. Plus, he's already mentioned that he wants to use Cribbs as a multi-functional player, ala Troy Brown. He wants Cribbs to play in the secondary, return kicks and play on the offensive side of the ball. As for Marshall, well, he doesn't exactly fit the "good character" guys that he's tying to build this team around. Again, I say.... 0.0% of B-Marshall coming to Cleveland.

Plus, right now our receiving corps includes:

Braylon Edwards
Donte Stallworth
Brian Robiskie
Mohamed Massoquoi
David Patten
Josh Cribbs
Mike Fuery

I'd say we've got enough wideouts to chose from to not give up such a valuable asset like Cribbs.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
I would agree with your statement to a certain extent....but NEITHER team has been a push over for the Broncos the last couple of years.

Personally, IF I was the a Denver Broncos fan, I would be pissed. In less than 1 year, your TWO BEST offensive players are gonna be sent packing.....I think the team has gotten WORSE.

Not to mention a helluva coach being replaced by a inexperienced first timer! What a sucky time to be a Bronco fan!

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
When AFC West opponents face each other twice a year, they generally split their games, the Raiders just happened to have had quite the losing streak (Chiefs, Broncos and Chargers had like 6-7 game streaks v the Raiders?) which was finally broken last year. AFC West games are usually all pretty good ones.

Most of them are usually pretty good games is all I was saying, despite talent/record disparities.

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
Hi. My Name is Brandon Marshall. Is your team in need of an All-Pro WR? Tired of your team being the "squeeky-clean boy next door" type. Well I'm your answer. Let me show what domestic violence is all about, and I'll catch a few TD's along the way. I'll increase employment in your town, cuz you will need two full time 5-0's just to service my residence. I promise I won't hold out or demand a trade for at least 1 season, or until I get out of jail when they finally do convict my ass for something. Is your ho giving you trouble? Send over to my house, I'll teach her some respect! Are you feeling me Cinci, Dallas, Oakland?

Brandon Marshall. I'll help you beat people!

Last edited:

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Brandon Marshall's Laundry List of Problems....

October, 2004: Misdemeanor charges of trespass, resisting arrest without violence, disorderly conduct, refusal to obey and assault on a police officer. (Later dismissed)

April, 2005: Retail theft of $20 bed sheets at Burlington Coat Factory. (Later dismissed)

June, 2006: Reports of domestic violence, no charges ever filed.

December, 2006: Was named as a possible cause that ultimately led to the death of cornerback Darrent Williams via drive-by shooting after spraying champagne on night club patrons.

January, 2007: Incident with his own father that reportedly included gun shots. No charges were filed.

March, 2007: Reports of domestic violence, no charges filed.

March, 2007: Arrested for false imprisonment and domestic violence, charges were later dismissed after attending anger management classes.

June, 2007: Reports of domestic violence, including an “accidental cut” on his girlfriends thigh and a rock thrown at the passenger side of her friends’ car. No charges were filed.

June, 2007: Police respond to “fight-in-progress” call and find girlfriend with noticeable bruises and scratches. No Charges filed.

October, 2007: Cited for driving under the influence, BAC of 0.116.

January, 2008: Girlfriend files for temporary restraining order, was later lifted.

March, 2008: Domestic violence call, ultimately resulting in Marshall fleeing the scene. Girlfriend would then file for another temporary restraining order.

August, 2008: Suspended for three games by the NFL. After appeal, the league reduced the suspension to one game without pay plus a fine.

September, 2008: Charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple battery as a result of the incident the previous March.

September, 2008: A year after being cited for DUI in Denver, Marshall pleaded guilty to the lesser offense of driving while ability-impaired. He was sentenced to one year of probation.

February, 2009: Became engaged to then girlfriend Michi Nogami-Campbell, a different female than the one named in the incidents above.

March, 2009: Marshall and Nogami-Campbell seen in a physical altercation. Situation is “under review” per the NFL.

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
March, 2009: Marshall and Nogami-Campbell seen in a physical altercation. Situation is “under review” per the NFL.

To clarify this point, NFL said he won't see a suspension for this issue and despite all of these problems he had 1325 yards in 2007 and 1265 (15 games) yards in 2008 and was sent to the Pro Bowl.

He's got issues, but the guy can play and this will only be his 4th year in the league.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Hi. My Name is Brandon Marshall. Is your team in need of an All-Pro WR? Tired of your team being the "squeeky-clean boy next door" type. Well I'm your answer. Let me show what domestic violence is all about, and I'll catch a few TD's along the way. I'll increase employment in your town, cuz you will need two full time 5-0's just two to service my residence. I promise I won't hold out or demand a trade for at least 1 season, or until I get out of jail when they finally do convict my ass for something. Is your ho giving you trouble? Send over to my house, I'll teach her some respect! Are you feeling me Cinci, Dallas, Oakland?

He's going to the Bengals. LOL:D

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Hi. My Name is Brandon Marshall. Is your team in need of an All-Pro WR? Tired of your team being the "squeeky-clean boy next door" type. Well I'm your answer. Let me show what domestic violence is all about, and I'll catch a few TD's along the way. I'll increase employment in your town, cuz you will need two full time 5-0's just to service my residence. I promise I won't hold out or demand a trade for at least 1 season, or until I get out of jail when they finally do convict my ass for something. Is your ho giving you trouble? Send over to my house, I'll teach her some respect! Are you feeling me Cinci, Dallas, Oakland?

On or off the field?:eek::D;):rolleyes::eek::p

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
BTW...Doesn't this ring look nice?

4fwr68.jpg

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
McDaniels went through all that trouble trying to court Matt Cassel, only to lose him to his former GM, now in KC, Scott Pioli. Now, he's run off a Pro-Bowl QB (Cutler) and it appears he's running off a Pro-Bowl WR in Brandon Marshall.

Nice start McDaniels. :rolleyes: I know it's early to call, but I'm just glad the Browns ended up with Mangini and not McDaniels in this offseason's coaching selection.

For all the criticism of Mangini, he hasn't lost his players.

Quinn/Anderson are not going anywhere- as the Cowboys showed us, you NEED a deceny backup if one starter gets hurt- and I think they're starting to see the light on Braylon- you have to keep your young and talented wideouts.

In 5 years, Josh McDaniels will be to Denver what Matt Millen is to Detroit- the man who destroyed a once-proud franchise!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
For all the criticism of Mangini, he hasn't lost his players.

Quinn/Anderson are not going anywhere- as the Cowboys showed us, you NEED a deceny backup if one starter gets hurt- and I think they're starting to see the light on Braylon- you have to keep your young and talented wideouts.

In 5 years, Josh McDaniels will be to Denver what Matt Millen is to Detroit- the man who destroyed a once-proud franchise!

You'll see a Smart and Disciplined team under Mangini. He's already stated these two criterion will serve as the player attributes he wants to build around.

He's already gotten rid of the bad apples that didn't fit that mold including Kellen Winslow and Sean Jones. As for the players attempting to cause a distraction by asking for a new contract (kicker Phil Dawson and Josh Cribbs), they've both returned to camp without a new contract. Mangini doesn't put up with anything and I like it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)