NFL 2009-10 Season

I hate to beat up on the Lions in June, but...

I wonder: if we Sports Section members were to form a football team of our own:

1. Could we beat the Lions?

2. If such a team were to be created, who'd play what position?

I'm 30, and 285 (big guy, but not as bad as it sounds, heh), I'd be a Tackle or DT and I'd get crushed by any NFL player, unless they were asleep and I had a large blunt weapon of some sort and about 45 people to back me up.

Jimbo, Taylor is not an injury-plagued player; he's a guy who I think can be very useful.

He has a nose for the end zone, can get the short yards, and is great at pounding opposing defenses players.

Is this the SAME guy that played in Jacksonville ?

He's missed 22 games over his 10 years and has been injured and played in more to boot.
He has 70 TD's in his 10 years, but that drops considerably if you consider 31 of them came in 2 years in the beginning of his career.
That's just short of 4 TD's in a 8 year period.

Hardly earth shattering stats.

Jimbo

I hate to beat up on the Lions in June, but...

I wonder: if we Sports Section members were to form a football team of our own:

1. Could we beat the Lions?

2. If such a team were to be created, who'd play what position?

The TOP College team could not beat the Lions if the game was played for real.
That's been proven already.

There's a drastic difference between College and Pro ball.

S Mike Brown is a Chief. Will be really nice if he can stay healthy.

It's being reported Favre and the Vikings have an incentive-laden contract signed already, and that the Vikings have already ordered number 4 purple jerseys, but agent still in denial mode apparently waiting for the teams to say something and/or still hopeful there's no medical setback.

S Mike Brown is a Chief. Will be really nice if he can stay healthy.

It's being reported Favre and the Vikings have an incentive-laden contract signed already, and that the Vikings have already ordered number 4 purple jerseys, but agent still in denial mode apparently waiting for the teams to say something and/or still hopeful there's no medical setback.
They already have them. They just have to change the name on the back.....

100109_feature.jpg

Dropcutt is still playing in this league?! LMAO! Sorry Lions fans, but you'll soon see why this former long-time Browns receiver earned that knickname: "Drop-Cutt."

Yeah, and in 10 weeks, you'll see why that doesn't matter.;) The Lion's still suck. You can't fix 0-16 in my lifetime.

Derrick Mason Retires!

Well, with less than a month to go before training camp, Baltimore’s Derrick Mason (who absolutely it up last season) has announced his retirement. Their starting WRs are now Mark Clayton and Demetrius Williams.

Flacco's in trouble! Sorry Dirty Birds!!! :D

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4325120"]Baltimore Ravens WR Derrick Mason calls it quits after 12 years - ESPN[/ame]

NCAA proposes tough taunting, concussion rules

Is it possible to watch MLB.TV on a TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)