NFL 2009-10 Season

I am not sure how much I would put into the Lions ability to judge talent, both positive and negative.

Will Franklin ran a 4.37 40, probably the reason Al Davis picked him up. He's young and given the problems the Chiefs had at QB last season really wasn't given time to develop. He's a project, but I liked him.

I am not sure how much I would put into the Lions ability to judge talent, both positive and negative.

Will Franklin ran a 4.37 40, probably the reason Al Davis picked him up. He's young and given the problems the Chiefs had at QB last season really wasn't given time to develop. He's a project, but I liked him.

The school's still out on this new regime here in Detroit. But if I go by history, I'd have to say this guy sucks. How else did we get to 0-16? Any real talent we have had that left, was via free agency. The rest have been stuck in this living hell of a NFL wasteland.:D Just an observation. I hope this guy works out for you. I wouldn't wish what is happening here on anyone - friend or foe.

Just once I would like to be wrong about the Lions.....

He didn't work out for us (Chiefs fan btw, the Raiders are the one who just picked him up). I'd say its a bigger indication of his lack of talent that Pioli cut him, than the Lions picked him up and then released him. He was a 2008 4th round pick, he really hasn't had the opportunity to show if he was worth being drafted at all given the 6 different QBs who took snaps for the Chiefs last year.

Hmmm...a few things to address....

I'd pick this all apart line by line, but it's really off topic. You contradict yourself from one post to another and have ridiculous standards for what is reporting and what isnt. You say in one post that one reason the Raiders wouldn't start Garcia is the $$ they've given to Russel and then belittle my comment about DeAngelo Hall's payday (a CB who is a fantastic in a Zone scheme, but horrible in man, which is what the Raiders forced him into). All reporters are these days are bloggers with a bigger company. You guys discount people like Peter King and misc SI and ESPN reporters. I'll leave it at that... if you want to start a thread about reporting feel free... surely it could be a lively one with the differing opinions... but this thread is about the NFL season, and I won't be the only one posting a blog hinting at a big deal in the works, or a SI.com article about controversy that other's havent picked up yet (therefore no 'decent sample size' reporting it - this made me laugh out loud by the way).

You also assume all of my comments were directed toward you, they werent... unless you have multiple logins and are replying to each of their posts with emoticons.

He didn't work out for us (Chiefs fan btw, the Raiders are the one who just picked him up). I'd say its a bigger indication of his lack of talent that Pioli cut him, than the Lions picked him up and then released him. He was a 2008 4th round pick, he really hasn't had the opportunity to show if he was worth being drafted at all given the 6 different QBs who took snaps for the Chiefs last year.

I'd pick this all apart line by line, but it's really off topic. You contradict yourself from one post to another and have ridiculous standards for what is reporting and what isnt. You say in one post that one reason the Raiders wouldn't start Garcia is the $$ they've given to Russel and then belittle my comment about DeAngelo Hall's payday (a CB who is a fantastic in a Zone scheme, but horrible in man, which is what the Raiders forced him into). All reporters are these days are bloggers with a bigger company. You guys discount people like Peter King and misc SI and ESPN reporters. I'll leave it at that... if you want to start a thread about reporting feel free... surely it could be a lively one with the differing opinions... but this thread is about the NFL season, and I won't be the only one posting a blog hinting at a big deal in the works, or a SI.com article about controversy that other's havent picked up yet (therefore no 'decent sample size' reporting it - this made me laugh out loud by the way).

You also assume all of my comments were directed toward you, they werent... unless you have multiple logins and are replying to each of their posts with emoticons.

They brought DeAngelo because he stated HE COULD play man...obviously, he lied. I belittled HIS comments because he was a complete FAILURE in Oakland....and to be THAT bad on a BAD TEAM....you gotta be pretty bad.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear....If you have a post from a blog and it has a sample of MORE than some lone reporter....I would take it at face value. MOST blogs are more than likely run by some 25 year old that has nothing better to do....not by Peter King....It's one thing to report a rumor from a blog about a trade...it's another for a blog to report about someone's "work ethic".

Browns Sign CB Rodderick Hood!

According to Tony Grossi (who was backed up by PFT,) the Cleveland Browns have signed Roderick Hood to a one year contract. Hood started for Arizona in the Super Bowl this year after spending his first four seasons in Philly. He is 27 years old and I am pretty sure Mangini and Kokinis must have told him that he will be able to compete for a starting corner position.

Browns Sign Roderick Hood to 1-Year Deal | WaitingForNextYear

He's way before my time, and it lumps him in with the Favre headlines, so now I just don't care about him either.

He can tout everything he wants about his businesses, but he does come across as a grumpy old man, even if he's saying what everyone else is saying (f off favre).

i happen to agree here with tarkenton. he's just saying what most (including myself) are thinking about favre,except for the suck ups at espn. they have their tongues so far up favres a** that they can taste what he ate for breakfast.

i happen to agree here with tarkenton. he's just saying what most (including myself) are thinking about favre,except for the suck ups at espn. they have their tongues so far up favres a** that they can taste what he ate for breakfast.

Agree with all the above! :up

In fact, ESPN is so far up Favre's butt, they can probably taste Madden too. :eek:

He's just not saying anything new. It's not that I don't disagree with him, it's just he's now part of the of the Favre story. It's another wrinkle to report, he's helped keep the story going. Way to go.

For those of us who want it to just go away, saying nothing would have been preferable.

32. Detroit Lions
Final Score: 27.0

I like Jim Schwartz and thought he put together a very strong coaching staff, led by Gunther Cunningham. But it's tough to overcome a "1" for ownership and front office. There's a reason why the Lions are rebuilding since 1957.

These guys stole my tag line.

Mangini Ships Off Rookies via Bus Ride to Hartford, CT

Eric Mangini recently sent off all Browns rookies to a community service program in Hartford Connecticut.

Supposedly, Mangini offered this opportunity to all the rookies and considered it voluntary. It depends on who you ask, but ESPN is currently trying to make a story out of this by saying the unions and agents are upset with the 10 hour bus-ride trip.

Meanwhile, no player dared to decline the trip. Mangini sees this as a bonding type trip. This shows that if the players want to have the dream of playing NFL ball, they will have to win over the coach first and that starts with Mangini. Finally a driving force in this organization with a "my-way or the highway" tpye mantre! I love it.

Scout.com: Adkins: Hardly an Uproar

Eric Mangini recently sent off all Browns rookies to a community service program in Hartford Connecticut.

Supposedly, Mangini offered this opportunity to all the rookies and considered it voluntary. It depends on who you ask, but ESPN is currently trying to make a story out of this by saying the unions and agents are upset with the 10 hour bus-ride trip.

Meanwhile, no player dared to decline the trip. Mangini sees this as a bonding type trip. This shows that if the players want to have the dream of playing NFL ball, they will have to win over the coach first and that starts with Mangini. Finally a driving force in this organization with a "my-way or the highway" tpye mantre! I love it.

Scout.com: Adkins: Hardly an Uproar
Part of the bonding with the coach was missing though. Mangini flew to Hartford instead of riding the bus, but then did take the bus home with the rookies....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)