NFL 2009-10 Season

Had other things to do this past weekend....but caught up on the disaster of Week 6...nearly a quarter of those NFL eliminator picks had the Eagles, OUCH!...I survived with my pick of the Jaguars...so here goes a major shaken up(but not stirred :) ) HOT10/NOT10:

HOT 10

1. Colts
2. Saints
3. Broncos
4. Vikings
5. Falcons
6. Patriots
7. Steelers
8. Giants
9. Bengals
10. Ravens

NOT 10

10. Bills
9. Seahawks
8. Redskins
7. Raiders
6. Chiefs
5. Browns
4. Lions
3. Titans
2. Buccaneers
1. Rams

Good list, i'd move the Broncos below the Vikings, and the Redskins below the Chiefs, or maybe even the Browns.

The Patriots have strangely cut 4 players in the last 24 hours as the trade deadline approaches, rumors mention Shawne Merriman, Steven Jackson, and include them trading away Adalius Thomas. With the moves so far (released LB Banta-Cain, WR Galloway, TE Matthews, LB Alexander and extended the contract of WR Sam Aiken, likely lessening his cap hit this year in the process) they've cleared 2.85m off this years cap ready to be gobbled up by absorbing another players salary.

Pats have re-signed LB Tully Banta-Cain.

PFT speculates that because his old deal was signed less than a year ago, it may not have been able to be extended/renegotiated so soon, but otherwise who knows what the hell the Patriots are doing right now.

Meanwhile, WR Joey Galloway is on his way to Kansas City to workout for the Chiefs.

Had other things to do this past weekend....but caught up on the disaster of Week 6...nearly a quarter of those NFL eliminator picks had the Eagles, OUCH!...I survived with my pick of the Jaguars...so here goes a major shaken up(but not stirred :) ) HOT10/NOT10:

HOT 10

1. Colts
2. Saints
3. Broncos
4. Vikings
5. Falcons
6. Patriots
7. Steelers
8. Giants
9. Bengals
10. Ravens

NOT 10

10. Bills
9. Seahawks
8. Redskins
7. Raiders
6. Chiefs
5. Browns
4. Lions
3. Titans
2. Buccaneers
1. Rams

How do the Jets not make the NOT 10?

Sandra

HOT 10

1. Colts
2. Saints
3. Broncos
4. Vikings
5. Falcons
6. Patriots
7. Steelers
8. Giants
9. Bengals
10. Ravens

NOT 10

10. Bills
9. Seahawks
8. Redskins
7. Raiders
6. Chiefs
5. Browns
4. Lions
3. Titans
2. Buccaneers
1. Rams

How do the Bolts not make the NOT 10?

Or at least number 7 until they beat another tough opponent, i didnt notice how low they were on the HOT 10, and no, I don't think the Jets belong in the NOT10.... the NOT 12-15 yeah they'd make an appearance for sure. Just too many teams fit into the category of 'here's a group of crappy teams this year' to fit them into 10 slots :p

The Giants do need to beat a better opponent and squelch the 'well who have the beaten' talk.

With the early promise and strong showing of teams in the AFC North (sans the Browns), what are the chances that 3 playoff teams come from 1 division? Has this ever happened before? (1 divisional winner and 2 wild card teams from the same division)?

With the early promise and strong showing of teams in the AFC North (sans the Browns), what are the chances that 3 playoff teams come from 1 division? Has this ever happened before? (1 divisional winner and 2 wild card teams from the same division)?
It did in 2007. The wildcard teams in the NFC were the New York Giants and Washington Redskins, both from the East division, and in the AFC were the Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans, both from the South division.

Or at least number 7 until they beat another tough opponent, i didnt notice how low they were on the HOT 10, and no, I don't think the Jets belong in the NOT10.... the NOT 12-15 yeah they'd make an appearance for sure. Just too many teams fit into the category of 'here's a group of crappy teams this year' to fit them into 10 slots :p

The Giants do need to beat a better opponent and squelch the 'well who have the beaten' talk.

Yep, I commented last week how I could expand the NOT10 to 15 to fit all the crappy(and overrated) teams this year...

...as for the HOT10:

I put the Broncos over the Vikings because Minnesota's 3 road wins are over CLE, DET and STL. Denver has wins at CIN, OAK and SD...slightly better.

I gave the Giants the "USC" treatment...knock'em down for a bad loss(the game was over at the half) but plenty of opportunity to recover.

Eagles have acquired linebacker Will Witherspoon from the Rams for receiver Brandon Gibson and a 2010 draft pick.

Contrary to earlier reports, Joey Galloway has not heard from the Chiefs. It was previously rumored that the Ravens had been interested in trading for him while he was still a Patriot.

Browns have put LB D'Qwell Jackson on IR

And this is all sorts of awesome... at a charity lunch thing or whatever today, Jeff Fisher was introducing former Colts coach Tony Dungy as the keynote speaker, and before doing so he took off his tie and jacket... underneath he was wearing a Peyton Manning jersey and said "I just wanted to feel like a winner" as he got a standing ovation - Jeff Fisher dons Manning jersey | tennessean.com | Nashville Tennessee Titans | The Tennessean

Even Rolling Stone Hates Mangini

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Even Rolling Stone is throwing rocks at Browns coach Eric Mangini.

In its latest issue, the iconic music magazine stepped outside its usual arena with a harsh critique of Mangini, comparing him to Augustus Gloop, the fictional overeater in Roald Dahl's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and calling his short coaching tenure in Cleveland "a sort of Hurricane Andrew of football mismanagement."

Rolling Stone magazine slams Cleveland Browns' Eric Mangini - NFL - SI.com

I almost forget to post this.....for those who weren't watching the Browns/steelers (probably everybody except HD, cybok, and stuart), the Steelers went for it on 4th & 1 at the end of the first half.

The chains came out for a measurement and the steelers were short. Browns ball, right? WRONG! The steelers were clearly short according to the chains and were still awarded a 1st down. The league's explanation: TV camera angle. I'm not buying that, and according to a local radio station, neither were the players on the field who viewed the chains up close and personal.....

I've long thought NBA games were occasionally "fixed" to make point-spread wagers go one way or another. BS like this makes me wonder about the NFL.

1st Down?!

I almost forget to post this.....for those who weren't watching the Browns/steelers (probably everybody except HD, cybok, and stuart), the Steelers went for it on 4th & 1 at the end of the first half.

The chains came out for a measurement and the steelers were short. Browns ball, right? WRONG! The steelers were clearly short according to the chains and were still awarded a 1st down. The league's explanation: TV camera angle. I'm not buying that, and according to a local radio station, neither were the players on the field who viewed the chains up close and personal.....

I've long thought NBA games were occasionally "fixed" to make point-spread wagers go one way or another. BS like this makes me wonder about the NFL.

Yep.

And for those who didn't see it, THIS was awarded a first down after a 4th and 1 by the Steelers. What other evidence do you need?! This call was so obvious, yet the refs called it a first down? WTF?! I realize it was a call against the Browns (who cares about us, right?), but could you imagine this call being made during a Monday Night Game for all to see?

img1255997106928.jpg

Last edited:

More on this... :eek: Damn!

mangini-Augustus-Gloop-River-300x180.jpg

I always wondered what happened to Augustus Gloop, the fat little boy in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory…a boy with fat bulging from every fold, with two greedy eyes peering out of his doughball of a head–(but he) somehow ended up as head coach of the Cleveland Browns, perhaps the most [expletive] franchise in all of sports right now.” [...]

Mangini’s performance with the Browns is “one of the truly thrilling sports disaster stories ever” [...]

Mangini spent his time “frowning on the sidelines like a man with the winner of the annual Kansas great Pumpkin Weigh-Off up his [expletive], frantically changing his mind about which of his two psychologically battered quarterbacks to throw into the breach next.”

: Rolling Stone

The Rolling Stone article was penned by Matt Taibbi. I usually enjoy reading his stuff...looking forward to reading his take on Mangini. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts