NFL 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Lions fans - was listening to talk radio tonight and they were talking about Black Monday, said Schwartz was one that should be fired but the Fords won't do it cuz they're too cheap.

Thoughts....................

Don't think so, he just signed an extention and the fords are loyal when it comes to coaches to a fault. But I do think some coordinator changes are needed and the roster will look different next season with about 25 free agents on the current roster. They have to draft for need this year the best available player

Though with that said....If I can find some decent tickets to this weekend lions/bears game may take my son to his first game. Though not sure could get ugly on the field and in the stands to. Not sure I am ready to expose my six year old to that yet.....:)

This was fans talking, right ?

I don't have a problem with Schwartz, need better players.

Unless they have someone available better than Schwartz, he should stay.

No, that was the hosts saying that, they were going down the list of possible firings. His record there is not that good, and the 10 win season last year was a fluke.

Don't think so, he just signed an extention and the fords are loyal when it comes to coaches to a fault. But I do think some coordinator changes are needed and the roster will look different next season with about 25 free agents on the current roster. They have to draft for need this year the best available player

Though with that said....If I can find some decent tickets to this weekend lions/bears game may take my son to his first game. Though not sure could get ugly on the field and in the stands to. Not sure I am ready to expose my six year old to that yet.....:)

They were equating what you're calling "loyalty" to cheap, saying they won't fire him because they don't want to pay a new, good coach what he'll want. That's been their MO for long time.

They were equating what you're calling "loyalty" to cheap, saying they won't fire him because they don't want to pay a new, good coach what he'll want. That's been their MO for long time.

I think he's ok for one more season....next season is a big one for him I think

No, that was the hosts saying that, they were going down the list of possible firings. His record there is not that good, and the 10 win season last year was a fluke.

Was it ?

He's had his starting QB 1 year healthy, and they won and got into the playoffs.

I don't know why , but the world changed somewhere when they started deciding that Coaches should be able to WIN right away, weather you have players or not.

Was it ?

He's had his starting QB 1 year healthy, and they won and got into the playoffs.

I don't know why , but the world changed somewhere when they started deciding that Coaches should be able to WIN right away, weather you have players or not.

Amen Jimbo :)

Was it ?

It all changed because of,first free agency,second young coaches coming in and having big success.

The disparity between the haves and have nots is very minute now.If a coach can't get it done in 2 or 3 seasons they are usually out.Used to a coach would come in with a 4-5 year plan.Very few of them have that opportunity now.

Was it ?

That's what they were saying, I have no opinion one way or the other, BUT I did take a look at their recent history. Which season stands out as different than the rest? That is the definition of a fluke, is it not? They did not improve on or even come close to last year.

Now, Schwartz has only been there since 2009.

2001 2001 NFL NFC Central 5th 2 14 0
2002 2002 NFL NFC North 4th 3 13 0
2003 2003 NFL NFC North 4th 5 11 0
2004 2004 NFL NFC North 3rd 6 10 0
2005 2005 NFL NFC North 3rd 5 11 0
2006 2006 NFL NFC North 4th 3 13 0
2007 2007 NFL NFC North 3rd 7 9 0
2008 2008 NFL NFC North 4th 0 16 0
2009 2009 NFL NFC North 4th 2 14 0
2010 2010 NFL NFC North 3rd 6 10 0
2011 2011 NFL NFC North 2nd 10 6 0 Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Saints) 45-28
2012 2012 NFL NFC North ---- 4 11

That's what they were saying, I have no opinion one way or the other, BUT I did take a look at their recent history. Which season stands out as different than the rest? That is the definition of a fluke, is it not? They did not improve on or even come close to last year.

Now, Schwartz has only been there since 2009.

2001 2001 NFL NFC Central 5th 2 14 0
2002 2002 NFL NFC North 4th 3 13 0
2003 2003 NFL NFC North 4th 5 11 0
2004 2004 NFL NFC North 3rd 6 10 0
2005 2005 NFL NFC North 3rd 5 11 0
2006 2006 NFL NFC North 4th 3 13 0
2007 2007 NFL NFC North 3rd 7 9 0
2008 2008 NFL NFC North 4th 0 16 0
2009 2009 NFL NFC North 4th 2 14 0
2010 2010 NFL NFC North 3rd 6 10 0
2011 2011 NFL NFC North 2nd 10 6 0 Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Saints) 45-28
2012 2012 NFL NFC North ---- 4 11

Believe me the lions are suckin it up this year but prior to Schwartz they had to clean up the Millen mess. Prior to Millen lions were 9-7, 8-8 team with some 4-12 type of seasons as well. Well it was one time ownership decide to blow it all up after a 9-7 season with Gary Moeller when they missed the playoffs when the Chicago bears kicked a field goal to beat them.

And who do they put it to run the team Matt Millen, with that though I think Schwartz has next year to get the team on track

Last edited:
Not surprising. Him and Bree's are tied at the hip with the city of New Orleans.

I see them signing Drew Brees next now that Sean Peyton is out of the way and if Peyton would of ended up in Dallas where he lives I would of seen Brees following him there imo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great One

NFL Award Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)