NFL 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salsa, I agree. You know some old time Raiders say that hitting is ok. Lynn Swann was carried out on a stretcher during an AFC Championship game and Raider players called him soft. Soft? But like you said, believe or not you can tackle somebody without trying to hurt them. A lot of players do that but its some like James Harrison with the mentality of hitting someone hard is ok, which it is not. I firmly believe that having 16, 17 or 18 game schedule would be fine if you played hard and did the best you can without the mentality of trying to hit someone so hard that you knock them out of the game. And honestly, wheres the flag? Throw the guy out of the game to prove that this type of stuff will not be tolerated.

The Steelers have gotten away with quite a bit today.

Not intentional but definitely should be a flag .

The hit on Bey they will find that he hit in the body area first, it was not a direct H2H hit, thats probably the reason why.
With Bey staying down, you can be sure it will be looked at by the NFL.
The helmet hit Bey in the bottom of his facemask.

Salsa, I agree. You know some old time Raiders say that hitting is ok. Lynn Swann was carried out on a stretcher during an AFC Championship game and Raider players called him soft. Soft? But like you said, believe or not you can tackle somebody without trying to hurt them. A lot of players do that but its some like James Harrison with the mentality of hitting someone hard is ok, which it is not. I firmly believe that having 16, 17 or 18 game schedule would be fine if you played hard and did the best you can without the mentality of trying to hit someone so hard that you knock them out of the game. And honestly, wheres the flag? Throw the guy out of the game to prove that this type of stuff will not be tolerated.

WHAT ?

Hitting someone HARD is NOT OK ?

I don't really believe you just said that.

What happens when I hit you soft and you don't go down, then they say that I didn't hit you hard enough to take you down....

Would you like a pillow and have that placed before you land ?

The hit on Bey they will find that he hit in the body area first, it was not a direct H2H hit, thats probably the reason why.
With Bey staying down, you can be sure it will be looked at by the NFL.
The helmet hit Bey in the bottom of his facemask.

You can't hit him in the chin or facemask either.

He also left his feet to deliver the hit.

You also can't just hit them in the chest and 'oops' end up hitting them in the helmet and it be OK because you hit them in the chest first (that's not what happened here)

There's no defense for that hit Jimbo.

You can't hit him in the chin or facemask either.

He also left his feet to deliver the hit.

There's no defense for that hit Jimbo.
Correct. you can not launch your helmet against another players chin or face mask.

Rey said:
The question is who isn't with these crappy refs....

As others have talked about, I also watched the Saints - Chiefs game today. It was a game that, at times, never seemed to have any rhythm due to the constant going back to review plays or debating the rule book for minutes at a time on the field. I was also told the Titans - Lions game was similar and also noticed it was mentioned on here.

Are you kidding me ?
Can you not touch a recvr anymore ?

You may as well not even have the defense on the field.

Well defenses could try tackling more. You can tackle as hard as you want.

Houston just had a pass interference call against them in the end zone and Broncos are now on the 1.

As others have talked about, I also watched the Saints - Chiefs game today. It was a game that, at times, never seemed to have any rhythm due to the constant going back to review plays or debating the rule book for minutes at a time on the field. I was also told the Titans - Lions game was similar and also noticed it was mentioned on here.

Yet the league continues to ignore all of that. Shame....

WHAT ?

Hitting someone HARD is NOT OK ?

I don't really believe you just said that.

What happens when I hit you soft and you don't go down, then they say that I didn't hit you hard enough to take you down....

Would you like a pillow and have that placed before you land ?

What I was trying to say is that you can tackle someone without trying to hurt somebody. I mean Bay was down for 11 1/2 minutes. Thats what shouldnt happen in the game. Nobody should be down for 11 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts