NFL 2013 Off-season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF you pick a QB in the draft, 1st round and they whiff in one year, would they have the money to try doing again the next year, most 1st rd QB's are VERY expensive.

The recent rookie wage scale changes have helped in that regard. First overall picks aren't making "Sam Bradford" money anymore....

Re: NFL 2013 Off-season notes & transactions

RG3 has a 4 year 21m contract.

Raiders paid 32m guaranteed as part of a 6 year 61m contract.

Bradford has a 50m guaranteed 83m contract.

So can a team afford to sign 2 players for RG3 money? They do every season.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RG3 has a 4 year 21m contract.

Raiders paid 32m guaranteed as part of a 6 year 61m contract.

Bradford has a 50m guaranteed 83m contract.

So can a team afford to sign 2 players for RG3 money? They do every season.

You must have missed my point, or I missed what you were trying to say ....

Don't know what RG3 makes, but suppose they decided RG3 wasn't gonna cut it and decide to sign a 1st rd pick as QB this draft, would they be able to afford another huge contract like RG3's again ?

Don't know what RG3 makes, but suppose they decided RG3 wasn't gonna cut it and decide to sign a 1st rd pick as QB this draft, would they be able to afford another huge contract like RG3's again ?

Based on previous years... RG3's contract was nowhere near in the same neighborhood as Jamarcus Fatass or Bradford's lunacy...

Well,it's definitely much cheaper to get a rookie qb via the draft than to pay one that is established via free agency.In today's NFL 21 million isn't huge.Seems ludicrous doesn't it.

Well,it's definitely much cheaper to get a rookie qb via the draft than to pay one that is established via free agency.In today's NFL 21 million isn't huge.Seems ludicrous doesn't it.
In this day and age, all of us here could put our earned income together and not come anywhere near that figure.
And that for just 1 yr ... :eek:

In this day and age, all of us here could put our earned income together and not come anywhere near that figure.
And that for just 1 yr ... :eek:

Crazy ain't it.I understand players wanting to make as much as possible,it's a short career for most,and think they have to cover their own medical expenses but still...How much is enough?$100,000,000 contracts are becoming very common anymore.

Re: NFL 2013 Off-season notes & transactions

Who missed what, did you even read my post? Namely... The first line... Which says how much RG3 makes...

Who missed what, did you even read my post? Namely... The first line... Which says how much RG3 makes...

Ya, I realized that RG3 was listed in your post, I was just waking up, must have glossed over it the first time.

Sure sounds promising.Again if KC can get at least decent play at QB,I honestly believe they will be contenders.If Houston can do it with Matt Schaub,then KC should be able to do it with Cassel or perhaps Matt Flynn,or Alex Smith.

Out of the three QB's that you mentioned,Alex Smith is the most proven of the three. Matt Flynn is still an unknown quantity because he hasn't started on a regular basis yet. He could become a superstar or he could be another Kevin Kolb.

Official St. Louis Rams

After extensive conversations regarding defensive philosophy, the Rams and Rob Ryan agreed he was not the right for for the club's defensive coordinator position. The Rams will continue the interview process with the club's other candidates.

talk about digging for something in the week of the super bowl and last game of the man's career.......

Hey, if he is guilty then he should not be allowed to play.

Ya, we know THATS gonna happen ....

Usually they hang on to these reports till they think it can do the most damage.
Sometimes they don't come out till after the season is over, even if it was taken earlier in the year ...
Called SELECTIVE treatment, it happen with a lot of players.

that ain't happening like jimbo said. besides, imo there's no point to doing that now so forget about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts