NFL 2013 Off-season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to ESPN, Kelly's contract with the Eagles will make him one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL: 5 years, $32.5M....

Yea,read that yesterday.Jeff Lurie,owner of the Eagles,must be convinced that Kelly is the real deal.I on the other hand,am not.Kelly is bringing in several college position coaches as well,which worries me.He better be a football guru/genius,otherwise the Eagles are gonna be a bad team for years to come.

Position Statement: Where will Alex Smith land?
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ent-where-alex-smith-land-014317504--nfl.html

One thought that I had was that he'd make a perfect back-up to Ben Roethlesberger,but I imagine that an 8 million dollar contract would nix that from happening. Still,he'd be an improvement over the starting QB's that the Dallas Cowboys,Arizona Cardinals,& Kansas City Chiefs have. You probably could add the Jaguars & the Jets to that list also.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ent-where-alex-smith-land-014317504--nfl.html

One thought that I had was that he'd make a perfect back-up to Ben Roethlesberger,but I imagine that an 8 million dollar contract would nix that from happening. Still,he'd be an improvement over the starting QB's that the Dallas Cowboys,Arizona Cardinals,& Kansas City Chiefs have. You probably could add the Jaguars & the Jets to that list also.

I can see him being in Oakland. He would be cheaper...and younger, if I am not mistaken, than Palmer.

I would welcome him in Pittsburgh ... :)

I would welcome him in Pittsburgh ... :)

He would be a good choice to back up Big Ben as much of a beating he takes back there and Steelers beef up your Offensive line to protect Ben and he takes a hell of a beating and still plays alot :)

He would be a good choice to back up Big Ben as much of a beating he takes back there and Steelers beef up your Offensive line to protect Ben and he takes a hell of a beating and still plays alot :)

He would be. For the pounding he takes, I just do not see him being in the league no more than 5 more years, if not less. He is one tough SOB, but all those injuries have to be taking it's toll on him.

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:rant::rant::mad::mad:

Tony Sporano named asst. HC and OL coach......

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/23/tony-sparano-lands-in-oakland/

1155_38718452549_9707_a.jpg

Hey Salsa,

What did you think about Tim Brown's comments yesterday about Bill Callahan throwing Superbowl 37?

I heard both Gannon and Rod Woodson say that wasn't true and the comments were ridiculous. But, Jerry Rice backed Tim Brown.

Hey Salsa,

What did you think about Tim Brown's comments yesterday about Bill Callahan throwing Superbowl 37?

I heard both Gannon and Rod Woodson say that wasn't true and the comments were ridiculous. But, Jerry Rice backed Tim Brown.

He is also backed by just about every single offensive player BUT Gannon....and Gannon will NEVER, EVER say anything bad about Gruden or Callahan due to the position he has or his very close friendship to BOTH Gruden and Callahan.

"Throwing the Super Bowl" ...?? I doubt it. But to change the game plan, NOT change the key words when they audible calls and basically use the same plays that Gruden HIMSELF institituted.... has to be THE stupidest thing I have EVER seen a coach do. Gruden even played the scout QB for the practices leading UP TO the Super Bowl so they know WHAT Gannon would say and HOW he would call out the audibles. I can see a player thinking he threw the Super Bowl after that stupidity. You KNOW it has some legs when you see the NFL Films on that Super Bowl, you CLEARLY see AND hear Safety John Lynch tell the defense, 'they are running the exact plays coach told us they would run....!"

So do I believe he did it INTENTIONALLY... no. But based on what was done and NOT done, I can see a player thinking he did that.

This is OLD NEWS anyway. This story has been going around since the day AFTER that Super Bowl...nothing new in the Raider community.

He would be. For the pounding he takes, I just do not see him being in the league no more than 5 more years, if not less. He is one tough SOB, but all those injuries have to be taking it's toll on him.

Salsa,
Another 5 years for Ben would be great, that would give him 14 years in the league, not bad for a QB that takes the pounding he does every week.

Salsa,
Another 5 years for Ben would be great, that would give him 14 years in the league, not bad for a QB that takes the pounding he does every week.

I seriously don't think he will last that long. If he is smart maybe 2 more then retire or he will not be able to walk later in life.

I had to check my calendar in insure that it WASN'T April 1st when I read this article.
NFL draft bust JaMarcus Russell is attempting a comeback
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...l-attempting-nfl-comeback-043914730--nfl.html

The good news is that his weight is down to 308lbs from 320lbs he weighed this past fall. He may have lost his job,but he obviously hasn't gone hungry.

FAT NECK??? he should consider changing positions to OL like ramy said.seriously.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)