NFL 2013 Off-season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reid may be stubborn but again he ain't dumb.Kc has pro bowl players a number 1 draft pick and not to mention Jamal Charles.Then add the AFC west factor.KC was the obvious choice for Reid.

And boy,do I hope the Browns sign Kelly!!

Re: NFL 2013 Off-season notes & transactions

Who knows, could have come down to KC got to him first and made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Vermeil talked to him about coaching for KC and working for the Hunt family also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Just read that Reid has power over personnel decisions,that was huge factor for him.

Not sure if anyone already posted this, but it's official, Andy Reid is now the Head Coach for KC ...

As expected, that didn't take long, figured he'd be out of work for a very short time.

Not sure I would have thought he'd end up with KC though.

He may not have wanted to have Kolb for his QB again, but could have had one of the TOP WR's in Arizona in Larry Fitzgerald.

Wow, that didn't take long. At first I thought he might take a year off to rest and regroup, guess not

Last edited:
Wonder how it makes Philly feel, when they realize that the guy they just let go, has a job 2 days later ?

Last edited:
It's a shame that the 2013 season,especially the Jets season,was over before the "Zero Dark Thirty" trailers seriously started coming out. One of the best lines from the trailer applies to Tim Tebow accurately,"You will never find him(except on TiVo commercials),he is one of the disappeared ones."

I'm waiting to see how the 49ers & Colin Kaepernick do in the upcoming playoffs. If Colin both prevails & excels,then I see Alex Smith becoming available to other teams. I believe that his stock value will be as a back up,& he might be a valuable pick up for the Steelers,who could use a better back up for Ben when he(Ben) goes down & misses games due to injuries.

Last edited:
I'm waiting to see how the 49ers & Colin Kaepernick do in the upcoming playoffs. If Colin both prevails & excels,then I see Alex Smith becoming available to other teams. I believe that his stock value will be as a back up,& he might be a valuable pick up for the Steelers,who could use a better back up for Ben when he(Ben) goes down & misses games due to injuries.

I hadn't thought about the possibility of Smith being available, the Steelers would be a good place for him, IF he's willing to take a Back Up job.

Wonder how it makes Philly feel, when they realize that the guy they just let go, has a job 2 days later ?

Well speaking from an Eagles fan point of view,I hope Andy does well.That said regardless of what happens it was time for a change.14yrs is a long time in the NFL.Watching the team the last two years was rough it was obvious Reid's time was up there.

If they're that good they will have teams waiting for them, and it's not like they're all that bummed they're stuck in the playoffs rather than able to jump ship and join the 2-14 Chiefs. There will still be multiple head coaching jobs available in February. It's business, NFL doesn't need more rules just so some feelings aren't hurt.

It's not just feelings, it's hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars at stake. And maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I don't have a stake in this, so I don't follow it as closely as others here might, but it does strike me as odd that the California sports markets support five baseball teams while only three football teams and that two of those baseball teams, in shared DMAs, have determined it to be in their interests to go on Yankees-like spending sprees, yet the powerful NFL, which gets more revenue from TV than does any other sport, cannot make a franchise "happen" in the second largest DMA.

Last edited:
I don't have a stake in this, so I don't follow it as closely as others here might, but it does strike me as odd that the California sports markets support five baseball teams but only three football teams, that two of those teams, in shared DMAs, have determined that it is in their interest to go on Yankees-like spending sprees, and that the powerful NFL, which gets more revenue from TV than does any other sport, cannot cannot make a franchise "happen" in the second largest DMA.

The NFL is making plenty enough money without a team in LA.Otherwise they would really be pushing to get it done.

Damn it.... Too little to damn late,:rant:

From ProFootballTalk....

NFL officials are talking about revamping the tuck rule.

Dean Blandino, the league’s director of officiating, said in a video distributed to the media that the NFL’s Competition Committee plans to review the tuck rule, which was made famous on January 19, 2002, when an apparent Tom Brady fumble was overturned to an incomplete pass, paving the way for the Patriots to beat the Raiders en route to New England’s first Super Bowl title.

“This is going to be part of a bigger discussion in the offseason of QB pass/fumbles and the tuck rule with the Competition Committee,” Blandino said. “This will be discussed in the offseason.”

Blandino referenced a play on Sunday when Colts quarterback Andrew Luck was first ruled to have fumbled when he was hit from behind and lost the ball — a ruling that was overturned on replay when the referee called it an incomplete pass. Blandino said the referee’s ruling was based on a belief that Luck was purposely bringing his hand forward in an attempt to throw a pass, and did not have his hand pushed forward when he was hit from behind.

“It was ruled on the field a fumble and the key here is the tuck rule,” Blandino said. “The rule is, if the quarterback brings his arm up to throw in an obvious passing motion, any intentional forward movement of the hand with control of the football will constitute a forward pass. That’s the rule.”

At least, that’s the rule for now. It might not remain the rule for much longer.

:rolleyes:

Who knows, could have come down to KC got to him first and made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Vermeil talked to him about coaching for KC and working for the Hunt family also.

you're happy with this move mestevo?

If they eliminate the tuck rule they should force Brady to retire!

Re: NFL 2013 Off-season notes & transactions

you're happy with this move mestevo?

Should take some time to get the roster in order, but yeah, hard to be unhappy with a coach that generally gets QBs to perform and tends to take his team to the playoffs more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)