NFL 2013 Off-season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shanahan deserves all the blame and RGIII should of been out in 1st quarter when he got hurt originally :)

ok....

it's real easy to say that knowing what the results were of the game. he pulls the QB earlier to insert the backup and they lose, shanny would've been chewed out as well. anyone can say "i would've done this or that" having the end result. bottom line is RGIII is the one who said he could play, over and over again without considering the future consequences of his actions....

ok....

it's real easy to say that knowing what the results were of the game. he pulls the QB earlier to insert the backup and they lose, shanny would've been chewed out as well. anyone can say "i would've done this or that" having the end result. bottom line is RGIII is the one who said he could play, over and over again without considering the future consequences of his actions....

Rey I was just saying that after he was hurt and you could see it in his throw,running and walking and his leg he was throwing off was shaky.RGIII did say that but it is the coaches decision on if he plays or not but good points Rey :)

Rey I was just saying that after he was hurt and you could see it in his throw,running and walking and his leg he was throwing off was shaky.RGIII did say that but it is the coaches decision on if he plays or not but good points Rey :)
Exactly, and when making that decision you also consider what your player Says on how he feels. easier said than done,but easy for others such as yourself to criticize ;)

Exactly, and when making that decision you also consider what your player Says on how he feels. easier said than done,but easy for others such as yourself to criticize ;)

Rey true and that they had Dr.James Andrews on the sideline who could of said yes or no on him playing :)

Rolando McClain arrested for signing a traffic citation with "**** Y'all"

He later told a reporter that he thinks the police are out to get him and that he's falsely accused of everything.

Wonder if he'll claim he didn't sign the citation too.

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2013/01/09/rolando-mcclain-signed-citation-as-expletive-yall/

I can't help but lmao at that.I know it's a very stupid thing of him to do,eventually he'll learn the hard way.The reason I get a chuckle out of it is,a buddy of mine was arrested for public drunkenness back in his wild teen years.They asked him his name and he refused to tell them.They promptly carted him in and once there asked him his name again.He shouted out Moses Malone followed by some very bad words!:D He spent the weekend in jail.Lesson learned.;)

.... bottom line is RGIII is the one who said he could play, over and over again without considering the future consequences of his actions....

I respectively disagree. A players ego will always out weigh what SHOULD BE done.
Players will beg in to play if they had both arms were severed off. The team is at fault too. A bunch of concussion doctors and nothing else. Guys look fine sometimes after concussions and they get held out from going back in.

I respectively disagree. A players ego will always out weigh what SHOULD BE done.
Players will beg in to play if they had both arms were severed off. The team is at fault too. A bunch of concussion doctors and nothing else. Guys look fine sometimes after concussions and they get held out from going back in.

I mostly agree with you however,there are a lot of players that will sit out because of a hangnail.Obviously RGIII isn't one of those.

Didn't say that's not the case with these athletes.but you're one of the few that is actually spreading the blame instead of yelling out its all the coaches fault.
then you have those players who take themselves out of the game and are criticized as well. Point is no matter what you do you can't win if whatever decision is made results in a loss. like Stevo said, the whole thing is just overblown.

I mostly agree with you however,there are a lot of players that will sit out because of a hangnail.Obviously RGIII isn't one of those.

it's tough when these players have always been taught you're not tough if you don't play or try to play injured. Plenty of crazy examples from the past proves this. But hey I've said more than enough on this. I don't need to hammer it in ;)
you guys continue......

These are BASEBALL players that your thinking of ....

So you mean to tell me,you have never seen some of today's players that may be unhappy with their team or contract,sit out over very questionable excuses?

So you mean to tell me,you have never seen some of today's players that may be unhappy with their team or contract,sit out over very questionable excuses?

I thought you were talking about injuries, not contracts.

There are some that will sit out when they think they are hurt, most won't.

I respect Shanahan's decision to keep Griffin in. I respect Griffin for wanting to be in.

But, in the end it should be about production and unfortunately after those two early TD drives, Griffin was responsible for only 47 yards of offense. I would have given him one more possession in the third quarter and then gone to Cousins. Cousins was successful in the relief effort against the Ravens and full start he had against Cleveland.

To me, it was clear that Cousins at 100% gave you a better shot than Griffin at much less than 100%.

If anybody gets Tank McNamara in their newspaper,the cartoonist has really been ripping into Tim Tebow & Vince Young lately. This past week,Tank McNamara did a satire of Tebow & VY going north of the border to Canada..........to do a reality show in the Yukon about prospecting for gold. In today's addition,Tank McNamara is taking a call where the caller who calls in says that NFL teams need a QB who can run. So Tank gives 2 examples why this caller's logic is flawed,by citing 2 examples,you guessed it,Tim Tebow & Vince Young.

As far as RGIII goes,the Redskins went farther than anybody ever expected of them this past season. They should have kept RGIII out to save him for future seasons & save his knee from further damage. Honestly,I expect RGIII to be able to come back & play. He may lose some explosiveness or speed due to his knee reconstruction,but I doubt that it'll be enough to hinder his game. I don't see him becoming a sitting duck in the backfield like a Dan Marino,Joe Namath,or Kenny Stabler.

Didn't say that's not the case with these athletes.but you're one of the few that is actually spreading the blame instead of yelling out its all the coaches fault.
then you have those players who take themselves out of the game and are criticized as well. Point is no matter what you do you can't win if whatever decision is made results in a loss. like Stevo said, the whole thing is just overblown.

I don't think its overblown when you are talking about a complete reconstruction of a upper tier player's knee. The coach is the immediate and sometimes the obvious choice because he is making that decision.

Word coming out is that the field was in horrible shape and has claim a few players this year.

yeah the players union is having all that investigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)