NFL 2013 Off-season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word is that the Cowboys are looking at 72 year old Monte Kiffin to replace Rob Ryan as their next DC :confused:

Kiffin was a great DC but,man he is getting pretty old.I would have figured they would go after a much younger up and comer.

Dick LeBeau is 75 i think so you never know,it may work out. Kiffin was a great DC in tampa.

thanks for the link Vurbano.

well i wouldn't mind if the kid got a 2nd chance but in reality he can't play QB in the NFL. i don't want to hear about the record. the team, especially their defense deserve more of the credit for those wins. as far as his beliefs go please, no one cares about that in the NFL as long as you can play. i still believe he would be successful playing another position but that's up to him and a team willing to experiment with tebow. the circus that follows him hurts his chances as well.

This is all that idiot Josh McDaniels fault for drafting him in the first round.

What I want to call Josh is not allowed here.

he did tebow a favor that night for sure. boy was that a mistake!! 2nd round and i think the attention would've been less surrounding the guy.

thanks for the link Vurbano.

well i wouldn't mind if the kid got a 2nd chance but in reality he can't play QB in the NFL. i don't want to hear about the record. the team, especially their defense deserve more of the credit for those wins. as far as his beliefs go please, no one cares about that in the NFL as long as you can play. i still believe he would be successful playing another position but that's up to him and a team willing to experiment with tebow. the circus that follows him hurts his chances as well.

You have the new mobile QB's like RGIII,Russell Wilson,Colin Kaepernick,& Cam Newton who can run AND throw accurately on the run,then you have Tim Tebow,who's being lumped together in the same category with Vince Young. As far as Tebow's beliefs go,I think that RGIII & Russell Wilson's beliefs are just as strong as Tebow's,but they don't have the controversy that follows Tebow. If Tebow wants a future in football as a QB,he needs to sign up with a team that already has an established QB(like Denver,again,New England,or just go to the CFL & sit on the bench for Montreal,who has his rights,& learn from Anthony Calvillo),sit on the bench,& learn how to be a "professional(NFL/CFL)" QB.
I think people wanted Tebow to fail both as a QB & a player in the NFL. I think that Tim Tebow right now is considered as poisonous to a team as Vince Young(both players "sign at your own risk").

I don't know if it has been already mentioned here,but rumors are that Montreal Alouettes' HC Marc Trestman will become HC for the Chicago Bears. While people are saying that if this is true,it'll be a good fit for Jay Cutler,Marc Trestman is also a believer in Tim Tebow(he worked with Tebow during the Senior Bowl that Tebow played in,& the Alouettes have the rights to Tebow in the CFL). Remember how well Bobby Douglass(another left handed QB who Tebow has also been compared to) worked out for Chicago? Actually,Douglass was almost the first NFL QB to rush over 1000 yards,a fact that was used as criticism of former Dallas Cowboys' RB (& POS) Duane Thomas,who besides having a very bad attitude,was considered VERY overrated at running back,& I don't believe ever cracked the 1000 yard mark in his very short career,Douglass had more yards than him.

Anyway,if Trestman ends up being HC for the Bears,& by extention Tim Tebow also becoming a Bear,then get used to hearing the name Bobby Douglass a lot.

Last edited:
Dedicated to salsadancer7, YET.......another proud Raider moment,
Rolando McClain reacts to citation for tinted windows by signing ticket with an obscenity
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rolando-mcclain-reacts-citation-tinted-windows-signing-ticket-234759341--nfl.html

Raiders' Rolando McClain arrested, charged for profane signature on ticket
http://www.rgj.com/article/20130110/SPORTS12/130110008/Raiders-Rolando-McClain-arrested-charged-profane-signature-ticket-

I am going to assume you are joking about the "proud moment". He has been a problem and a huge disappoint. His days were numbered with his 1st incident.

And to be fair, you can probably count with one had or less, how many teams have NOT had a player or two on a police blog.

I am going to assume you are joking about the "proud moment". He has been a problem and a huge disappoint. His days were numbered with his 1st incident.

And to be fair, you can probably count with one had or less, how many teams have NOT had a player or two on a police blog.

Yeah,I was being sarcastic. If Goodell suspended every player that appeared on the police blotter,NFL teams wouldn't have enough players to field a team(maybe if they went to 6-man football........).

Not saying in anyway, shape or form that Pryor is anywhere as good as Kaepernick...but I hope he was watching how dangerous a 6-5, mobile QB can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts