NFL 2013 Off-season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't found guilty today, yet the Patriots already release him?

You can't blame them,he has caused a lot of embarrassment for the Patriots & the NFL. Even if he is not charged with murder,there is no doubt he''ll be tried for obstruction of justice. Also,there is no doubt that Goodell will suspend him for his conduct.

Charged w/ murder and the evidence is bubble gum! Brilliant on your part Hernandez.
Its official folks, another potential career flushed down the drain.

Have fun at Cedar Junction, a mere 3 miles from Gillette Stadium.

Not only is he a disgrace to the franchise I root for, who set him up for life last year. He is also a black eye for my school which we both attended.

To hell with him.

From the Associated Press:

ATTLEBORO, Mass. (AP)
— New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez killed his friend at an industrial park a mile from Hernandez's house several days after the two feuded during a trip to a nightclub, authorities said in announcing a murder charge against the Pro Bowler.

Thank God he was the murderer! For a while, I was concerned that he had recklessly injured his career by overreacting to concerns of discovery of some incidental illicit or illegal conduct - like cocaine trafficing - and had destroyed the cell phone and security recordings to impede discovery of that.

Last edited:
Charged w/ murder and the evidence is bubble gum! Brilliant on your part Hernandez.
Its official folks, another potential career flushed down the drain.

In a one week period, he went from being the 2nd most important player in the premier franchise in the most popular sport in North America.... to this.

WOW! As proud Puerto Rican who thought this kid from Puerto Rican parents...had the chance of being something special... It's sad the shame he has brought to the Pats organization, His family and alot of his fans back on the island.:(

Have fun at Cedar Junction, a mere 3 miles from Gillette Stadium.

Not only is he a disgrace to the franchise I root for, who set him up for life last year. He is also a black eye for my school which we both attended.

To hell with him.
Hernandez attended high school in a town next to mine and I had officiated several of his games. While it was clear he was talented and had a big football future, the disgrace part was not so clear back then...

Piss on Hernandez!What about Odin LLoyd,and his family?He had been texting his sister at 3:23 am the night he was murdered,execution style.

Piss on Hernandez!What about Odin LLoyd,and his family?He had been texting his sister at 3:23 am the night he was murdered,execution style.

Yep, the victim texted his sister, "NFL" and "just so you know". He knew that this piece of human fecal matter was going to execute him. Like I said the other day, I literally feel dirty for rooting for this POS!! :mad:

With yesterday's Hernandez and Walcott news, the count is now at least 30 arrests of NFL players just since the Super Bowl this past February. I wonder how this percentage compares against all similar aged males nationwide??

NFL ARRESTS DATABASE

Rough calculation...

1.7% in the NFL have been arrested. (30 / 1664)
3.8% Total US population in 2009 (12m/316m)

Are those numbers for the US since the Super Bowl and are they unique arrests?

Rough calculation...

1.7% in the NFL have been arrested. (30 / 1664)
3.8% Total US population in 2009 (12m/316m)

Are those numbers for the US since the Super Bowl and are they unique arrests?

That's an excellent point.

The 30 figure for the NFL represents I believe 29 distinct players, and it's only since February of this year. I'm not sure where that 12M figure was taken from but it appears to include the entire year, all age groups, both genders, and most likely is the total amount of criminal charges, not the count of distinct individuals due to repeat offenses.

A more accurate figure would probably be the U.S. male population (ages 20-34??) and how many were arrested for similar crimes/offenses within the same period...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Wings are finally getting their new arena

ESPN/TNT loose NASCAR to NBC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)