29. Titans
28. 49ers
27. Saints
26. Lions
25. Eagles
24. Cowboys
23. Ravens

Looking ahead TV wise to week 16 brings up something interesting

As of right now there is NO late CBS game. There are only 2 late games and both are set to be on FOX (GB/AZ and STL/SEA). Since FOX has the DH CBS can only show one game. And with Buffalo, Minnesota, Detroit, Tampa and Atlanta at home they would only get a late CBS game...

Obviously the NFL will make a decision within the next week as to what game to either move to CBS or change times

Looking ahead TV wise to week 16 brings up something interesting

As of right now there is NO late CBS game. There are only 2 late games and both are set to be on FOX (GB/AZ and STL/SEA). Since FOX has the DH CBS can only show one game. And with Buffalo, Minnesota, Detroit, Tampa and Atlanta at home they would only get a late CBS game...

Obviously the NFL will make a decision within the next week as to what game to either move to CBS or change times

I also noticed that CBS didn't have a late game scheduled. Both the Patriots-Jets (CBS) and Giant-Vikings game (FOX) are scheduled for the early window, so I could see CBS moving the Pats-Jets game to 4:05 ET. Only problem with that is it appears to be CBS' premier game in week 16 (the rest of their schedule is pretty brutal), and it's unusual (but not unprecedented) to have the network that has the singleheader have their "A" game in the late window. Another issue with week 16 is the Sunday night game, I don't see Steelers-Ravens staying there. I can see Giants-Vikings moving to SNF and Steelers-Ravens getting moved to 4:05 ET on CBS.

Why was the Bengals-Browns game on FOX last week? Anyone know?

Why was the Bengals-Browns game on FOX last week? Anyone know?
because they can flex games across networks for a wider audience.

Honestly I think it was moved to give more coverage to it. On CBS it would have been buried with 4 other games so it probably would have gone to Ohio and the neighboring markets. Putting it on FOX allowed it to be shown in New England (and Salt Lake City of all places).

The network "cross flexing" started last year and its basically designed to give better coverage of a game or a better game in general to a time slot. It can be done from week 5 on.

Maybe because the Bengals and Pats are fighting for the #1 playoff spot but the Jets were already booked on CBS at same time so moving Cincy to FOX gave that part of the country (NE) the option of the game.

games that have been "cross flexed" so far (besides the mentioned Browns/Bengals game)

Both were on CBS
week 5
STL @ GB

week 10
CHI @ STL

right now week 15 has TWO scheduled for FOX
BUF @ WSH
CLE @ SEA
That probably has to do with the fact that right now there are 6 CBS games (3 in each slot...they have the DH) and 6 FOX games (4 early, 2 late). If both were to be on CBS that would give CBS 8 games to regionalize and FOX only 4 (3 of the 4 national games that week involve 2 NFC teams and the 4th involves Dallas)

I'll take him over Winston Every day of the week.

ok I'll take Winston. not saying he wins a SB but will get paid well for a decade. not as sure about Mariota today.
gives us something to talk about the next few Years.
So who's winning ?

Mariota 3-7 57% playing ok
Winston 6-6 58%

Even with twice the win's both are doing good for rookies.

I just woke up & found out that Andy Dalton is out with a thumb injury. The stars really seem to be aligning for the Broncos winning home field advantage. Depending on how they do today, next week's game against the Steelers should be Make or break for them.

The NFC most certainly is going to win the Super Bowl this season, whether it's the Panthers or Cardinals. I don't have any confidence in ANY AFC team this year winning the Super Bowl. If the Broncos win home field advantage, as uninspiring as their offense is playing, I'm definitely going with the Panthers or Cardinals. The Broncos are making game management an art form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)