NFL 2021

The more I see of Jimmy Garopollo the more I appreciate Bob Kraft vetoing Bill Belichick’s plan to trade Tom Brady before the 2016 season and make Jimmy G the starter. Not only did the Patriots squeeze two more titles out of the Brady era, but they now have a QB in Mac Jones with a bigger upside than Jimmy G.
But how would the clay turn out if Mr. Bill at the wheel ?

Reactions: BillD1984
Pats not looking too good in the past couple of games. Jones having good moments, but not making things happen. He is looking more like a rookie recently. Certainly not placing blame on him. Bills had a better plan overall, and their defense is probably the best in the NFL.

Reactions: AZ. and HipKat
Pats not looking too good in the past couple of games. Jones having good moments, but not making things happen. He is looking more like a rookie recently. Certainly not placing blame on him. Bills had a better plan overall, and their defense is probably the best in the NFL.
He IS a Rookie and will look like one, while also looking great at other times ...
Most Rookies are that way, at least the ones people are talking about.
Jones and Fields seem to be the ones that have played the best, while thats not necessarily all that good some time, it will get better. ..... next year.

He IS a Rookie and will look like one, while also looking great at other times ...
Jones and Fields seem to be the ones that have played the best, while thats not necessarily all that good some time, it will get better. ..... next year.

it's easy to overlook, given the teams' success. Look how fatalistic I was about the Chiefs at 3-4, who have since won 8 games and are the first to clinch both their division and a playoff spot in the AFC. Mahomes finally had 'down' games, and even in a bad year his averages are hall of fame worthy, it's ridiculous. Good for the Bills, keeping themselves in a positon to take advantage. They're the team I'd least like to see play the Chiefs in the playoffs I think in the AFC.

Anyways, today was largely consumed by taking my kids to the game today, so oversharing some stuff from that ;)

This never gets old, introducing the teams like UFC fighters:

View: https://twitter.com/meStevo/status/1475216853655953410

This video below is just hilarious, I couldn't have taken a better one to capture the moment if I tried. From the onset Jake had no interest in the game. A learning experience for all, none of them have ever experienced anything like this before, and he never really came around and was interested. Was worth a shot, and now we (him and us) know by doing, rather than him being an introvert and just saying no and never experiencing it :p

View: https://twitter.com/meStevo/status/1475228319712890881

Oh, I don't know, they couldn't make critical stops and let NE hang around way too long, but they did take advantage of the opportunities that came to them wi the 2 picks

I'm not certain why you have Jones inducted into the HoF so early.

• Love
Reactions: AZ.
I've seen Jones twice and I'm not impressed at all
His worst performances were against the Bills, so that would track, but he isn't as bad as those two games either. I just haven't seen improvements. He started very well, but has been dipping. The NFL is always adapting, and players (and coaches) need to adapt weekly. The last few weeks had some red flags pop up.

His worst performances were against the Bills, so that would track, but he isn't as bad as those two games either. I just haven't seen improvements. He started very well, but has been dipping. The NFL is always adapting, and players (and coaches) need to adapt weekly. The last few weeks had some red flags pop up.
I think that's what happened to Allen through the middle of the Season and it took about 5 weeks before the Bills Offense readjusted

Never said anything about HOF ...
I just know its obvious that Jones and Fields are the 2 best from this years class ... so far.
Fields just hasn't had the support.
We'll see. I want him to continue to improve. He has certainly not impressed recently. He hasn't been awful. In general, the games the Patriots lost, it was because the Patriots lost as a team. But I remember seeing more in Bledsoe when the Pats had a much lesser team and worse record (as a Patriots fan, I'm not used to new QBs).

And this season is no guarantee on the next season, a lesson so many football fans seem to never learn.

We'll see. I want him to continue to improve. He has certainly not impressed recently. He hasn't been awful. In general, the games the Patriots lost, it was because the Patriots lost as a team. But I remember seeing more in Bledsoe when the Pats had a much lesser team and worse record (as a Patriots fan, I'm not used to new QBs).

And this season is no guarantee on the next season, a lesson so many football fans seem to never learn.
You can't compare by gone eras qb wise .
The teams run entirely different offenses ....
Was Bilicheck there back then ?
That also makes a huge difference.

IF the Bears next coach comes in and Justin Fields turns into the qb that the Bears hope ....do you say Fields is a bad Qb because of his rookie year or a Good Qb because of the new regime coming in were able to run a real NFL Offense ?

Incredible to think that teams that started the season 1-7 (Dolphins), 0-3 (Colts), 2-4 (Patriots) and 3-4 (Chiefs) are ALL in the playoffs if the season ended today.

IMG_0531.JPG

Reactions: madmadworld
perfect way to lose fans.

Why would teams contending late in the season be a recipe for losing fans?

I recall a certain Steelers team clawing their way to the 6th seed and running the table in the playoffs not so long ago.

12-13 AFC teams still alive with 2 weeks to go is nothing but great for the NFL from a business and fan perspective.

Reactions: HipKat and Yespage
Why would teams contending late in the season be a recipe for losing fans?

I recall a certain Steelers team clawing their way to the 6th seed and running the table in the playoffs not so long ago.

12-13 AFC teams still alive with 2 weeks to go is nothing but great for the NFL from a business and fan perspective.
Exactly. The last thing the NFL would ever want, people tuning into several games in the last couple weeks because of the incomplete playoff picture? :rolleyes:

Odd how currently three of the AFC East teams are in the playoffs right now. Miami has a tough road ahead, but why not. Dolphins are the only team to have 7 game winning and losing streaks in the same season. I suppose the NFL needs some sort of record not held by Tom Brady. :D

Reactions: HipKat and Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts