NFL 2021

Living in Michigan, this is so lions. Of course they find a way to screw up the path to the number 1 pick
Umm... like the Lions wouldn't waste that too. If anything, it gives the #1 overall pick a chance at an actual career.

As was being mentioned above about standings ....
The Browns Win and they would have taken over 1st place (how bizarre is the AFC N).
A Browns Loss and they are in LAST place.

As was being mentioned above about standings ....
The Browns Win and they would have taken over 1st place (how bizarre is the AFC N).
A Browns Loss and they are in LAST place.

Yep, we were 3 seconds away from total mayhem in the AFC North.

1. Browns 8-6
2. Bengals 8-6
3. Ravens 8-6
4. Steelers 7-6-1

Now every team moves up a notch and the 7-7 Browns go to the bottom.

Not just last, but they're all the way down to the 12th seed with that loss.

1. Chiefs (10-4)
2. Patriots (9-5)
3. Titans (9-5)
4. Bengals (8-6)
5. Colts (8-6)
6. Chargers (8-6)
7. Bills (8-6)
----
8. Ravens (8-6)
9. Steelers (7-6-1)
10. Raiders (7-7)
11. Dolphins (7-7)
12. Browns (7-7)
13. Broncos (7-7)
14. Jets (3-11)
15. Texans (3-11)
16. Jaguars (2-12)

Reactions: BillD1984
Yep, we were 3 seconds away from total mayhem in the AFC North.

1. Browns 8-6
2. Bengals 8-6
3. Ravens 8-6
4. Steelers 7-6-1

Now every team moves up a notch and the 7-7 Browns go to the bottom.
And the hapless Steelers are only a 1/2 game out of 1st place.

I'm not sure which team is the most dysfunctional, the Steelers or the Bears or the Lions.

I remember 5-6 weeks ago people were saying too bad the flex option for MNF didn’t start this year. They were primarily talking about next week’s Dolphins-Saints game. A month later and both teams are 7-7, red hot and very much alive in their respective conference wild card races. Just another example of how deliciously crazy this NFL season has been!

And the hapless Steelers are only a 1/2 game out of 1st place.

I'm not sure which team is the most dysfunctional, the Steelers or the Bears or the Lions.

For me that’s easy, the Bears. The Lions play hard every week and the Steelers are hanging tough. The Bears may have the worst coach in the NFL.

For me that’s easy, the Bears. The Lions play hard every week and the Steelers are hanging tough. The Bears may have the worst coach in the NFL.
After watching a lot of thier games that I can this year (Bears that is) I think Nagy and his Offense is holding the Bears down .... they fell behind tonight trying to run the ball, they found themselves down by 14 points and then Fields started throwing the ball 10 yards down field on each play and they moved right down the field.

Thier Defense got OFF the field 2x times in 1 drive, but cost themselves with personal fouls.
1 was legit, the other was not.

Anyone who watched the Eagles/Washington game last night saw that early interception that hit Goedert in the hands which he dropped and then it bounced off his heel to be intercepted. Now that goes as an interception against the QB, but should it? Football is the only team sport I'm aware of where your error can be credited to someone else. In baseball if the shortstop throws a perfect throw to the first baseman and he drops it then he gets the error, not the shortstop. Think about this, if that ball had hit the ground Goedert would have been credited with a drop but because it bounced of his heel the QB gets hit with an error instead. Something not right about that. Maybe with all the dumb rules changes the NFL has dreamed up they should consider fixing this and start assigning errors to the person actually at fault. Just sayin. ;)

Just hard to provide that context. Just create a bucket called errors for receivers? And a new statistic for QBs - turnovers on errors? You aren't going to separate the INT from the QB, as their throw could create the situation leading to the error (in traffic, etc).

It's just needing so much context per play, not just for the statistic in general for it to hold value IMO. I suppose these have all been addressed in baseball or something and maybe I'm trying to be too specific? Don't know, just has always been this way, so hard to imagine it changing (often the biggest mental hurdle for change).

Many of Mahomes early INTs this year were off receivers hands, but he often also throws the ball very hard on short routes, so while they felt snakebitten (many of those types of passes don't become INTs, but many of the Chiefs did) his part in contributing to them is unassailable.

Reactions: Jimbo
The more I see of Jimmy Garopollo the more I appreciate Bob Kraft vetoing Bill Belichick’s plan to trade Tom Brady before the 2016 season and make Jimmy G the starter. Not only did the Patriots squeeze two more titles out of the Brady era, but they now have a QB in Mac Jones with a bigger upside than Jimmy G.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)