NFL 2022

Welcome to Cap Hell ...
I exist adjacent to the Browns. I'm from New England, so I got lucky with a team that perfected cap management. The Browns ownership has pretty much made me abandon the franchise, twice.
Looks like the Browns are fine ... TILL Watsons deal come into play.
They have the 2nd most free space now, but if you look out to next year and the year after, they are around the bottom.
Like I noted in my post, you look to next year and the year after it, I don't see how they can field a team. They effectively look built to try and win it this year or never. And the QB situation is far from certain. They have a pretty good QB, or someone that was. An awesome running back, but RB's are fickle. A receiver or two, and Myles Garrett. They won't be able to afford Garrett or Chubbs shortly.

So the only person who should have left SNF is the only one who stayed. :confused:

Collinsworth staying on SNF, Michaels and Tafoya gone.

Mike Tirico, Cris Collinsworth and Melissa Stark to do 'Sunday Night Football'
I swear that people seem to care a bit too much about the announcers. I mean, yes, listening to people calling hockey in Florida when expansion started after listening to Bob Cole... yeah... that can be grating on the mind. Or Gus Ferguson calling Champions League football (OMG!!! :eek:)... but otherwise, it isn't something to get worked up over. Watch the game.

I exist adjacent to the Browns. I'm from New England, so I got lucky with a team that perfected cap management. The Browns ownership has pretty much made me abandon the franchise, twice.

Like I noted in my post, you look to next year and the year after it, I don't see how they can field a team. They effectively look built to try and win it this year or never. And the QB situation is far from certain. They have a pretty good QB, or someone that was. An awesome running back, but RB's are fickle. A receiver or two, and Myles Garrett. They won't be able to afford Garrett or Chubbs shortly.
They have the best RB combo in the league, with Chubb and Hunt, and a pretty good O line, now with Watson at QB they should be very good this year ....
Me being a Steelers fan, only dream of having an O line like they have had.

Reactions: madmadworld
I swear that people seem to care a bit too much about the announcers. I mean, yes, listening to people calling hockey in Florida when expansion started after listening to Bob Cole... yeah... that can be grating on the mind. Or Gus Ferguson calling Champions League football (OMG!!! :eek:)... but otherwise, it isn't something to get worked up over. Watch the game.
I agree,
If its My game, I'm watching, regardless of the Announcers ....
I have this issue with Fox in the College side of things more.

They have the best RB combo in the league, with Chubb and Hunt, and a pretty good O line, now with Watson at QB they should be very good this year ....
I'm not old, but old enough to know how many times this gets said of teams every year... and never comes to fruition. They have talent, they also have jack in coaching. And coaching and play execution wins games, not player ratings.

They had a great pair of RBs, but running backs can dissipate with time. We'll see if they continue with their production.

Welcome to Cap Hell ...

Some teams work the cap better than others ...

Steelers usually Suck when it comes to having cap space (this year is different, with Ben gone, and they still have done very little this off season ... they need help everywhere, but rarely ever spend to get a Top guy).

New Orleans is another team way over the Cap, last I heard.

Looks like the Browns are fine ... TILL Watsons deal come into play.
They have the 2nd most free space now, but if you look out to next year and the year after, they are around the bottom.
This was always my gripe about Tom Brady and the Patriots...The players played for less, so they got more talent cheaper....Hurt every other player in the league by doing so..Now dont give me the crap about a ring...If you can get 10 million more a year, get the 10 mill....A 100,000 dollar ring is nothing but ego!

• Haha
Reactions: Yespage
Seeing its a Sunday, thats not a surprise at all.

Sure it is. In all my years following the NFL, I don’t recall them playing a triple header on Christmas Day. They have always played the balance of their schedule on Saturday. They have played Christmas night games and in more recent years, late afternoon (ET) games. In the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s it was considered taboo for the NFL to schedule games on Christmas Eve night or Christmas Day day.

Reactions: madmadworld
Sure it is. In all my years following the NFL, I don’t recall them playing a triple header on Christmas Day. They have always played the balance of their schedule on Saturday. They have played Christmas night games and in more recent years, late afternoon (ET) games. In the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s it was considered taboo for the NFL to schedule games on Christmas Eve night or Christmas Day day.
In this day and age, it doesn't surprise me at all.
Its basically, Thanksgiving Day in Dec.

Reactions: AZ.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Reactions: BillD1984
Personally, I haven't watched the NBA since the mid 80's.

Now they play 1 on 1 game and no defense .... selfish ball.

I'll pass.
How would You know if you don't watch for 30+ years ?

Todays game has the best shooters ever. no more 1 on 1 play than the past.
defense just like the NFL they are not as physical as the past. but help defense is a bit better.

Recall guys having the take in the 90s 00s, all they do is dunk the ball, they can't shoot. so there's that.

How would You know if you don't watch for 30+ years ?

Todays game has the best shooters ever. no more 1 on 1 play than the past.
defense just like the NFL they are not as physical as the past. but help defense is a bit better.

Recall guys having the take in the 90s 00s, all they do is dunk the ball, they can't shoot. so there's that.
They need to make a dunk 1 point and take away the 3 point line ..... then you'll get teamwork.

Reactions: AZ.
The NFL is now considering adding a Black Friday game to their schedule, as soon as this season. I’ve been calling for this since I was a kid, but I always thought the NFL left Black Friday alone in deference to college football.