NFL 2022

Crossing an eight lane interstate is crazy, especially if there is a divider. Doing it at 6:30 in the morning?! That is simply reckless play with your life stuff.
Why would 6:30 am have anything to do with it ?

I originally heard that he ran out of gas .....
More than likely, he was heading to a gas station.

Until further details are known .... we just don't know what happened.

Why he wouldn't just call someone is unknown.

You don't think the Snyder regime is done? Personally it wouldn't surprise me if this backtracked to HQ and Mr Goodell. You have to ask yourself, with all the investigating the NFL supposedly did how did they not catch this themselves?

You don't think the Snyder regime is done? Personally it wouldn't surprise me if this backtracked to HQ and Mr Goodell. You have to ask yourself, with all the investigating the NFL supposedly did how did they not catch this themselves?
NFL only sees what they Want to see ....

What is the outcome of the Cowboys and thier Cheerleaders ....
That got swept under the rug apparently, unless I missed it.

That wasn't money being stolen out of the league's pocket not to mention Congress wasn't involved, big difference. MLB isn't scared of a lot of things but Congress is one of them. There were already some members of Congress talking about looking into the antitrust exemption MLB enjoys. Oh yeah, big difference.

That wasn't money being stolen out of the league's pocket not to mention Congress wasn't involved, big difference. MLB isn't scared of a lot of things but Congress is one of them. There were already some members of Congress talking about looking into the antitrust exemption MLB enjoys. Oh yeah, big difference.
So they get away with potential Voyeurisms, scott free ?

OK, enough of this, point out exactly where I said they should get off scott free? We were all discussing Washington being accused of stealing money from the NFL, why are you so intent on changing the subject? I pointed out that to the NFL owners stealing money from them is going to generate a more intense response by them than other types of illegal behavior by one of their members. And as I mentioned, just to be clear, the overriding driving force for the NFL to take action is going to be the desire to appease Congress and whether you like it or not that is a very big difference.

OK, enough of this, point out exactly where I said they should get off scott free? We were all discussing Washington being accused of stealing money from the NFL, why are you so intent on changing the subject? I pointed out that to the NFL owners stealing money from them is going to generate a more intense response by them than other types of illegal behavior by one of their members. And as I mentioned, just to be clear, the overriding driving force for the NFL to take action is going to be the desire to appease Congress and whether you like it or not that is a very big difference.
You made it sound like that Crime was more important than another is all.

I just hate to see Jerry Jones get away with everything and anything, because hes got money ...

You made it sound like that Crime was more important than another is all.

I just hate to see Jerry Jones get away with everything and anything, because hes got money ...
Worked well for Robert Kraft!...

The NFL considers itself a partnership. Part of that is the near complete revenue sharing among the teams. Very different from all the other sports. That is why they all hated Al Davis so much. He broke ranks with the partners.

IF Washington indeed was fudging the books, look for a forced sale.

The NFL considers itself a partnership. Part of that is the near complete revenue sharing among the teams. Very different from all the other sports. That is why they all hated Al Davis so much. He broke ranks with the partners.

IF Washington indeed was fudging the books, look for a forced sale.
It took him how long and how much pressure to change the name of his team?.....LOL!

It took him how long and how much pressure to change the name of his team?.....LOL!
Changing the name of the team is politics/culture. Lying on paper to get money is fraud. Two different things.

Browns sign Denzel Ward to 5 yr $100 deal... $71 million guaranteed.

According this website, the Browns had $5 million left in Cap space for 2023... of which this signing puts them $15 million at cap space. Which doesn't seem too bad except they only have 30 contracted players. Am I missing something? I usually don't look too deep in the numbers, but this seems unsustainable (I could be wrong and just don't get the cap). They can't restructure Watson's contract which is 20% of their budget as it is already way too much.

Browns sign Denzel Ward to 5 yr $100 deal... $71 million guaranteed.

According this website, the Browns had $5 million left in Cap space for 2023... of which this signing puts them $15 million at cap space. Which doesn't seem too bad except they only have 30 contracted players. Am I missing something? I usually don't look too deep in the numbers, but this seems unsustainable (I could be wrong and just don't get the cap). They can't restructure Watson's contract which is 20% of their budget as it is already way too much.
Welcome to Cap Hell ...

Some teams work the cap better than others ...

Steelers usually Suck when it comes to having cap space (this year is different, with Ben gone, and they still have done very little this off season ... they need help everywhere, but rarely ever spend to get a Top guy).

New Orleans is another team way over the Cap, last I heard.

Looks like the Browns are fine ... TILL Watsons deal come into play.
They have the 2nd most free space now, but if you look out to next year and the year after, they are around the bottom.

Reactions: Yespage