NFL 2022

Rodgers was not retiring. Nobody assumed he’d return to Green Bay.
None of the teams that were quoted as him wanting to go to would be any better than the team he's currently on.
Whatever deal he signed with GB means nothing ... we will be going thru the same thing next year ...
1. Debating on retiring ...
2. Crying that he wants to go to another team ...

$153M guaranteed for a team that needs to do a lot more restructuring just to keep the team they had, never mind trying to upgrade.

Should have taken the multiple first rounders that were rumored (Denver?) and moved on....

Glad I'm not a Packer fan.

Rodgers - A quality QB understands that he needs a team around him, and that if you take every last cent, in a salary cap system, others are going to leave. Sounds like a Joe Flacco deal to me.

Gambling - A couple of points here.

First, yes, Pete Rose says hi. All leagues are now sponsored by gambling, and its legal in 24 states now. It is time to forgive PR.

Second, I look at Ridley just like I look a some player that got caught with dope. You can make millions of dollars if you give up a vice for a few years. Then retire and gamble or smoke all the weed you want for the rest of your life. Dumb.

Lastly, I’m looking at my sports app (MGM) and I can bet on 100s of sports. Including things like college sports well below the apprentice pros that exist at the top level. Sports played in third world countries and countries without the rule of Law. Sports where the top players MIGHT make a good middle class income. Etc. Am I worried about somebody “getting to” an NFL, etc. player? No. But the potential for more obscure sports is really easy.

Reactions: madmadworld and AZ.
IMG_8733.JPG

Denver brass says the Wilson deal coming out immediately after Rodgers' announcement is a coincidence. Yeah, right. They were most likely pursuing both in parallel.....

Denver brass says the Wilson deal coming out immediately after Rodgers' announcement is a coincidence. Yeah, right. They were most likely pursuing both in parallel.....
Does Denver have enough to go for it all next year? Wilson isn't going to a rebuild.

Does Denver have enough to go for it all next year? Wilson isn't going to a rebuild.

IMO, the Broncos roster was already pretty solid besides the most important position on the field. Now they have a future HOF QB who is still relatively young.

Wow, saw this posted somewhere, not sure about the accuracy:

So it’s:
2 1sts
2 2nds
1 5th
QB Drew Lock
DL Shelby Harris
TE Noah Fant

For: QB Russell Wilson
1 4th

Wow, saw this posted somewhere, not sure about the accuracy:

So it’s:
2 1sts
2 2nds
1 5th
QB Drew Lock
DL Shelby Harris
TE Noah Fant

For: QB Russell Wilson
1 4th
Wilson is a great QB. But he isn't that great!

It isn't quite the Hershel Walker trade, but man, the price seems pretty steep. Wilson is entering his 11th season! Not Rodgers old, but things get iffy at this point, especially with injuries.

Can't believe Packers spent that much dough on Rodgers. Yes, he is a great QB, but he is one hit from retirement.

Reactions: AZ. and Derwin0
Wilson is a great QB. But he isn't that great!

It isn't quite the Hershel Walker trade, but man, the price seems pretty steep. Wilson is entering his 11th season! Not Rodgers old, but things get iffy at this point, especially with injuries.

Can't believe Packers spent that much dough on Rodgers. Yes, he is a great QB, but he is one hit from retirement.

Yep, that’s a lot of money to spend on a really good, but aging regular season quarterback