NFL 2022

Guess you got a scoop there.

But before 17 game RS, they played this past week see this
so now there's this dead weekend. why not get going here ?
the SB could move back to Jan. or get the players a bye-week late in the season when it's needed. just a thought

Years ago (I think it was the early 80’s) the NFL played week 1 of the regular season on Labor Day Weekend and then went away from it, citing low attendance and television ratings. For whatever reason, they went back to starting the regular season on LDW sometime in the 90’s. That was short lived, and they once again avoided Labor Day Weekend. Like you have stated, there has been preseason games on LDW (generally the Thursday before Labor Day was a full slate to give teams 10 days before the start of the regular season) until last year when they went to the 17 game schedule. I’ve actually been a HUGE advocate of starting the season LATER- like even late September/early October. September is generally beautiful weather everywhere, and it can be a drag when your team is playing at 1:00 on a beautiful 80* day. If they start the season 3 or 4 weeks later, the weather is much cooler. And even more importantly it would get us through the dregs of February. Have the Super Bowl the first week of March. That would lead us into March Madness and then the start of baseball. The argument I always hear against this is the weather is too cold in January and February. The NFL has already proven that they don’t mind playing night games in places like Foxboro, Buffalo and Green Bay in the middle of January (which I consider the dead of winter). Playing in February weather would GENERALLY be an improvement. Sorry to hijack your question, but I’m very passionate about moving back the start of the NFL season.

Reactions: madmadworld
The football season runs too late into the winter as is. Certainly should not go into March.

Starting the weekend after Labor Day is just fine.

Week One is almost upon us. Buffalo v LA starts off the season. Buffalo were one of the league's best teams last year and look to prove their worth on the road.

Carolina plays the Browns in what will be an interesting tale of two teams. The Browns likely face off against a QB that the upper office in Cleveland gave a massive chip on his shoulder.

Patriots play Miami. This game matters a lot to both teams. Miami has been the Browns of the East, ie that team that is supposed to finally make something of themselves. Miami is always a tough game for the Patriots, even when the Pats were dominating in the NFL. NE QB Jones will be looking to prove himself. His first year showed some potential, but it did have a couple red flags. The kid shows up though, and should be afforded time to continue developing. The sports media doesn't think things look good for the Patriots. Last year, the Pats were slightly better than average, but made the playoffs.

Tampa take on Dallas in a crucial game to see if Tampa's third year starter can maintain his unlikely performance. His flakiness for retiring keeps reappearing, making people wonder if this QB will ever have what it takes to make it big in the NFL.

Pittsburgh v Cincinnati will be an interesting match-up as Cincinnati were much more dominant than expected last year. Will all teams gunning for them, it'll be hard to maintain a spot that high up in the North. Pittsburgh's fans are always whining if they aren't winning a Super Bowl.

Reactions: Jimbo and BillD1984
Watched a few minutes of Ohio state game. man this a slow sport.
after months of Watching AFL & Rugby. this will take some time.
It is something. There is a name for an offensive scheme that involves not idly standing around, letting 30 to 45 seconds pass in between plays, and its called the "hurry up" offense. And it can throw some defenses for a loop.

Offense: *hurries up and plays the actual game*
Defense: What the heck man? I'm trying to catch my breath!

Week One is almost upon us. Buffalo v LA starts off the season. Buffalo were one of the league's best teams last year and look to prove their worth on the road.

Great matchup to start the season!!

Panthers plays the Browns in what will be an interesting tale of two teams. The Browns likely face off against a QB that the upper office in Cleveland gave a massive chip on his shoulder.

I’ve noticed quite a few experts have the Panthers making the playoffs.

Patriots play Miami. This game matters a lot to both teams. Miami has been the Browns of the East, ie that team that is supposed to finally make something of themselves. Miami is always a tough game for the Patriots, even when the Pats were dominating in the NFL. NE QB Jones will be looking to prove himself. His first year showed some potential, but it did have a couple red flags. The kid shows up though, and should be afforded time to continue developing. The sports media doesn't think things look good for the Patriots. Last year, the Pats were slightly better than average, but made the playoffs.

I see that Belichick is bringing the team to South Florida early to get acclimated to the heat. Good move!!

Tampa take on Dallas in a crucial game to see if Tampa's third year starter can maintain his unlikely performance. His flakiness for retiring keeps reappearing, making people wonder if this QB will ever have what it takes to make it big in the NFL.

That stiff?? I don’t see him doing much in the NFL

Pittsburgh v Cincinnati will be an interesting match-up as Cincinnati were much more dominant than expected last year. Will all teams gunning for them, it'll be hard to maintain a spot that high up in the North. Pittsburgh's fans are always whining if they aren't winning a Super Bowl.

Don’t know what to make of the Bengals this year. On the one hand, the Bengals have a lot of talent and have a legit franchise QB, but then there’s always the SB loser hangover.

My week 1 picks

Bills over Rams
49ers over Bears
Bengals over Steelers
Jaguars over Commanders
Dolphins over Patriots
Saints over Falcons
Ravens over Jets
Eagles over Lions
Panthers over Browns
Colts over Texans
Chiefs over Cardinals
Chargers over Raiders
Titans over Giants
Packers over Vikings
Buccaneers over Cowboys
Seahawks over Broncos

Clip and save 2022 NFL predictions:

AFC division winners: Bills, Ravens, Colts, Chiefs

AFC Wildcards: Bengals, Chargers, Raiders

AFC Championship: Ravens over Chiefs

NFC division winners: Eagles, Packers, Buccaneers, 49ers

NFC Wildcards: Cowboys, Saints, Rams

NFC Championship: Eagles over 49ers

Super Bowl 57: Ravens over Eagles

Regular season MVP- Patrick Mahomes

Rookie of the year- Chris Olave (Saints)

Coach of the year- Josh McDaniels (Raiders)

Super Bowl?

Chiefs v I dunno... let's say the Saints. Was looking online, no one had KC in the Super Bowl. I mean like... what?! Chiefs might not make it, but someone has to pick them!

My controversial prediction is: Tom Brady will not be playing by the end of the season and will retire for realz.

Clip and save 2022 NFL predictions:

AFC division winners: Bills, Ravens, Colts, Chiefs

AFC Wildcards: Bengals, Chargers, Raiders

AFC Championship: Ravens over Chiefs

NFC division winners: Eagles, Packers, Buccaneers, 49ers

NFC Wildcards: Cowboys, Saints, Rams

NFC Championship: Eagles over 49ers

Super Bowl 57: Ravens over Eagles

Regular season MVP- Patrick Mahomes

Rookie of the year- Chris Olave (Saints)

Coach of the year- Josh McDaniels (Raiders)
My prediction, IF your predictions for Who is in the SB come true ... it will be the Lowest watched SB in ages.

Also, this WILL be Brady's last year ... divorced or not.

NFL would have a lot more viewers if they Started games like they use to ....
With the Pre Game show at 8 pm, this game was slated to start at 8:15, but didn't start for another 10-12 minutes.

I know it was the first time since the Rams won it all, but they already had an HOUR show doing nothing but talk about the SB win ....

Lets get this game going ....

Btw, nice start for the Bills on thier 1st drive, I noticed there are a LOT of Bills fans in the stadium tonight.

Reactions: AZ.
NFL would have a lot more viewers if they Started games like they use to ....
With the Pre Game show at 8 pm, this game was slated to start at 8:15, but didn't start for another 10-12 minutes.

I know it was the first time since the Rams won it all, but they already had an HOUR show doing nothing but talk about the SB win ....

Lets get this game going ....

Btw, nice start for the Bills on thier 1st drive, I noticed there are a LOT of Bills fans in the stadium tonight.

This kickoff game has started at the same time for ages. And I think the NFL is just fine with viewership.

Reactions: madmadworld
This kickoff game has started at the same time for ages. And I think the NFL is just fine with viewership.
I really don't like having to be up at 12:15 or later to see the end of a game.

My question is, with an 8 pm TV time, why does it take 25 minutes of BS to get the game going ?

This comes up every year .... the West coast fans are not home yet ....
Would you rather miss the beginning of a game or the end ?

They USE to get games in in 3 hours, now your lucky to get one in in 4:30 hours, why ?
Commercials and addl BS interrupting play .... they just stopped this game for an Ozzie Concert in the middle of it. (Oh, wait, that was during halftime ... lol)

Do we really need 45-60 minutes of half time ? it use to be 15-20 TOPS, theres an addl 30 minutes wasted ... this game could be over before the 11 pm news if not for the BS they have added into it to expand it as long as possible.

Lets have another 30 minutes of commercials in every hour .... ya know every time theres a Time Out, its at least 5 minutes (even if its suppose to be a :30 second TO).

This game is moving along decently, might be over around midnight ... this is a rarity.

I really don't like having to be up at 12:15 or later to see the end of a game.

My question is, with an 8 pm TV time, why does it take 25 minutes of BS to get the game going ?

This comes up every year .... the West coast fans are not home yet ....
Would you rather miss the beginning of a game or the end ?

They USE to get games in in 3 hours, now your lucky to get one in in 4:30 hours, why ?
Commercials and addl BS interrupting play .... they just stopped this game for an Ozzie Concert in the middle of it. (Oh, wait, that was during halftime ... lol)

Do we really need 45-60 minutes of half time ? it use to be 15-20 TOPS, theres an addl 30 minutes wasted ... this game could be over before the 11 pm news if not for the BS they have added into it to expand it as long as possible.

Lets have another 30 minutes of commercials in every hour .... ya know every time theres a Time Out, its at least 5 minutes (even if its suppose to be a :30 second TO).

This game is moving along decently, might be over around midnight ... this is a rarity.

Four and a half hours? I don’t ever remember a single NFL game going that long. Now if it was college football, I could see your point. The length of those games is ridiculous.

My

Four and a half hours? I don’t ever remember a single NFL game going that long. Now if it was college football, I could see your point. The length of those games is ridiculous.
The Evening games all start after 8 and are not finished before 12, usually later.

What are they doing different in the Early games, they have a 1-4:15-4:30 time frame allotted every week.
They are getting games done 3:30 which is better.

The Evening games all start after 8 and are not finished before 12, usually later.

What are they doing different in the Early games, they have a 1-4:15-4:30 time frame allotted every week.
They are getting games done 3:30 which is better.

This game tonight is going to be played in under 3 hours. Like you said kickoff time was around 8:20 ET. There’s a little less than a minute left, and it’s 11:07. As far as the early Sunday games, they kickoff at 1:01 or 1:02 every week. Those games are generally over by 4:25 or before.

This game tonight is going to be played in under 3 hours. Like you said kickoff time was around 8:20 ET. There’s a little less than a minute left, and it’s 11:07. As far as the early Sunday games, they kickoff at 1:01 or 1:02 every week. Those games are generally over by 4:25 or before.
Tonight's game seemed to go quicker than normal.
They just waste so much time .... game could have kicked off at 8:10 and been done by 11.
The nightly news wouldn't have to be delayed ... then again, they probably would have with the Post game show anyways.

Had this been a closer game, it would have been later when done.