NFL 2022

Steelers were gifted ????

I'd say this was accurate, it took 5 turnovers to beat the Bengals in almost 5 quarters. So many chances to put the game away and the Bengals kept saying 'hey, try again' lol. Credit to the Steelers defense for creating those opportunities and amazing that the Bengals didn't challenge the TD late in the game... but how many 1st and goal (inches) does that team not score a TD on.

TJ Watt probably out months if it's really a pec injury, sadly.

Reactions: AZ.
I'd say this was accurate, it took 5 turnovers to beat the Bengals in almost 5 quarters. So many chances to put the game away and the Bengals kept saying 'hey, try again' lol. Credit to the Steelers defense for creating those opportunities and amazing that the Bengals didn't challenge the TD late in the game... but how many 1st and goal (inches) does that team not score a TD on.

TJ Watt probably out months if it's really a pec injury, sadly.
Still NOT gifts ....
Steelers Defense battled for those turn overs, they didn't comer into the game with the knowledge that they would be given 5 TO's ...

As for TJ, its unknown as of yet ...
I heard about that injury earlier today ...
If the Pec is a strain, theres usually not much pain and you could be back the next week or two (I'm sure the Steelers wouldn't play him the next week) ...
If its Torn and doesn't need surgery, he'll probably be out 4-6 weeks.
IF its determined that it is a Tear, he's out for the Season, possibly back for the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: madmadworld
I’m sorry but it’s embarrassing to see Seahawks “fans” boo Russell Wilson. Wilson was emphatically booed during pregame warmups, again when the Broncos took the field, and then every time the Broncos started a drive. When Tom Brady returned to Foxboro last season there was a lot more cheers than boos, but I was even embarrassed by that. Two Super Bowl winning, first ballot HOF QBs booed by the same “fans” that used to shower them with nothing but adulation. Freakin embarrassing!!

I think the NFL made a Big mistake when they decided to change the Pre Season to 3 games.

Just about every game this week has had poor execution .... whens the last time All star QBs were throwing 2 and 3 picks in a week and fumbles are happening as well.

It use to be that the Starters played a series or two the first Pre season game and a little more the next ... take the 3rd off (some) and play at least a half a game the 4th game ...
This allowed the Starters to get re acquainted and the rookie to have time to try and make a team ...

Now the Starters are not even playing that much and not until the 4th game ....

Look at how Sloppy the games are this week ....

They better be MUCH better next week, hopefully anyways.

Better news for Steelers and TJ Watt ...
Latest news as of 9 this evening, looks more like Non Surgery and 6-8 weeks.
Hopefully ...

Personally, I think they are going to have him rest and rehab for 6 weeks and see if its ready to go, if not, then go in for surgery and call it a season.
This way the Season isn't Over right away, nothing wrong with waiting and see how it heals.

For the most part this was the last preseason game were all the starters played...lol....They played 60 minutes for the first time this year , and it showed!
It's looked like this for years imo
since they started worrying about injuries more than preparedness, in the preseason.
For the most part the only team that looked good and firing on all cylinders was KC?
The Andy effect. what is his Sept record these days ?

That was truly one of the biggest meltdowns I’ve ever seen by an NFL team. First you wait til the play clock gets to :01 and the game clock :20 when you still have all 3 timeouts in your back pocket, and then you decide to attempt a 64 yard FG and take the ball out of your new quarter billion dollar QB’s hands. Absolutely mind-boggling!!!

Reactions: osu1991 and AZ.
Awful clock management by the Broncos
Agreed ...
2 or 3 delay for game calls and then the poor use of the clock in the end.
I think I'd give Russel Wilson a chance on 4th and 5 with what could have been :30 seconds, maybe more, but they had Wilson run it down to the last second on the play clock.

That tells me they wanted to kick the FG all the way, weren't gonna give Wilson a shot.

That said, Seattle would have brought pressure like most of the night and it would have been over anyways.

Reactions: BillD1984
Agreed ...
2 or 3 delay for game calls and then the poor use of the clock in the end.
I think I'd give Russel Wilson a chance on 4th and 5 with what could have been :30 seconds, maybe more, but they had Wilson run it down to the last second on the play clock.

That tells me they wanted to kick the FG all the way, weren't gonna give Wilson a shot.

That said, Seattle would have brought pressure like most of the night and it would have been over anyways.

You don’t pay your newly anointed quarter of a billion dollar QB to sit and watch a very low probability FG attempt. What a terrible start to Hackett’s head coaching career.

You don’t pay your newly anointed quarter of a billion dollar QB to sit and watch a very low probability FG attempt. What a terrible start to Hackett’s head coaching career.
Actually, the FG had plenty of distance, it just tailed to the left.
He missed the 1st one (when the TO was called), adjusted, just wasn't quite enough.
He would have made the next one if play had been stopped for whatever reason.

That game too was very sloppy.

Actually, the FG had plenty of distance, it just tailed to the left.
He missed the 1st one (when the TO was called), adjusted, just wasn't quite enough.
He would have made the next one if play had been stopped for whatever reason.

That game too was very sloppy.

Hindsight is 20/20. I would have said the same thing if he made the FG. You can’t have your HOF QB watching from the sidelines as you attempt a VERY, VERY low probability FG.

Awful clock management by the Broncos
I was literally screaming at the TV, watching the clock run down wondering what the HELL they were doing? They had plenty of time to try for the first down and run another play before the FG attempt, which would have had a better chance of success than a 64 yrd FG

Reactions: Jimbo and BillD1984
I’m sorry but it’s embarrassing to see Seahawks “fans” boo Russell Wilson. Wilson was emphatically booed during pregame warmups, again when the Broncos took the field, and then every time the Broncos started a drive. When Tom Brady returned to Foxboro last season there was a lot more cheers than boos, but I was even embarrassed by that. Two Super Bowl winning, first ballot HOF QBs booed by the same “fans” that used to shower them with nothing but adulation. Freakin embarrassing!!
Sports, to some people, is quite tribal, and they make it quite an irrational experience.
Hindsight is 20/20. I would have said the same thing if he made the FG. You can’t have your HOF QB watching from the sidelines as you attempt a VERY, VERY low probability FG.
I don't think WIlson would have made the field goal. ;)

Reactions: BillD1984
Reactions: Foxbat
I was literally screaming at the TV, watching the clock run down wondering what the HELL they were doing? They had plenty of time to try for the first down and run another play before the FG attempt, which would have had a better chance of success than a 64 yrd FG

Right!! I could not believe what I was watching!

Seems like a not great call, but I can think of worse. Like not handing the ball off to Marshawn Lynch on second down at the goal line? Thanks Pete! :D

4th and 5 is not a gimme. But if you have three timeouts, there is logic to going for it on 4th down as the 64 yard field goal is a looooong kick. However, the field goal is providing you with a guaranteed shot at victory, where as 4th and 5 conversion attempt is likely only extending the drive. With 64 yards being a hard kick, I think the right shot is going for it, BUT I don't think kicking a field goal to win is as bad as it sounds.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo and AZ.